GDT: Feb 4-17 HANK night vs Wild

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Feb 4-17 HANK night vs Wild

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

At what point will Markstrom get a start ? Nothing like seeing what he can do right Wiwie ?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Reefer2 wrote:
Mëds wrote:What a gong show.

Edler is a fire drill. The guy seriously should be at the top of our trade block. To hell with his NTC, if he refuses to waive, call Vegas and tell them we will leave Edler unprotected in exchange for a 2nd round pick. Then tell Edler that's the plan and see if he changes his mind.
Remember that Edler wont be traded since his wife and Trevors wife are BFF or something like that.

I would seriously lol if that was one of the reasons they don't ask Edler to be traded.

Any how, in all seriousness this year will probably be the worst TDD in the history of the NHL thanks in part to a) the expansion and b) the parity in the league.
Edler has the upper hand ya idiot. NTC! NTC! NTC! like I've said, his wife is from vancouver, set up by Lindel's wife and his father in law just built him some swanky digs in Pt Grey. He has a NTC. Do the math. He loves it here and so does his wife. They'd have as hard of time getting him to waive as Dougie Wilson did trying to get Thornton and Marleau to waive.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

As Mëds said though, tell him he will be left unprotected and he may be a lot more accommodating about being dealt.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

RoyalDude wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:

Edler is a fire drill. The guy seriously should be at the top of our trade block. To hell with his NTC, if he refuses to waive, call Vegas and tell them we will leave Edler unprotected in exchange for a 2nd round pick. Then tell Edler that's the plan and see if he changes his mind.
Remember that Edler wont be traded since his wife and Trevors wife are BFF or something like that.

I would seriously lol if that was one of the reasons they don't ask Edler to be traded.

Any how, in all seriousness this year will probably be the worst TDD in the history of the NHL thanks in part to a) the expansion and b) the parity in the league.
Edler has the upper hand ya idiot. NTC! NTC! NTC! like I've said, his wife is from vancouver, set up by Lindel's wife and his father in law just built him some swanky digs in Pt Grey. He has a NTC. Do the math. He loves it here and so does his wife. They'd have as hard of time getting him to waive as Dougie Wilson did trying to get Thornton and Marleau to waive.
Sometimes RD your as dumb as shit.

NTC just means a different deal.

Also you proved my point, he is too comfortable here to move.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Reefer2 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:

Wake up and smell the coffee Reefer, Edler is not going anywhere. Fuck are you ever dense.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

RoyalDude wrote:
Reefer2 wrote: ...your as dumb as shit.
...Fuck are you ever dense.
:oops:

C'mon people - is this really needed? Let's all dial it back it bit and remember we're just a bunch of armchair GMs who don't know jack.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Cornuck wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Reefer2 wrote: ...your as dumb as shit.
...Fuck are you ever dense.
:oops:

C'mon people - is this really needed? Let's all dial it back it bit and remember we're just a bunch of armchair GMs who don't know jack.
I know Jack Schitt personally....
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Fight ! Fight ! Fight !
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

RoyalDude wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:

Wake up and smell the coffee Reefer, Edler is not going anywhere. Fuck are you ever dense.
You got me RD, no player with a NTC has ever been traded.

Oh wait your reasoning that he won't be traded is because his wife likes it here and they own a house here.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Reefer2 wrote: You got me RD, no player with a NTC has ever been traded.

Oh wait your reasoning that he won't be traded is because his wife likes it here and they own a house here.
Happy wife, happy life! the power to appease one's wife rule's all sometimes.
2006 Edmonton:
It may have started as a rumour — or something even less than that — but two days later, is appears all but done. Chris Pronger is almost certainly going to leave the Edmonton Oilers.

The reasons — or reason — have also come out, with Pronger having requested a trade earlier in the season due to his wife's desire to leave northern Alberta.

http://mirtle.blogspot.ca/2006/06/prong ... onton.html
Hansen might have to go to his wife's hometown Winnipeg or close to there as well in a year or so. aha
2012 WINNIPEG NHL lockout — Attendance remains strong among NHL players, including several Winnipeg Jets, who have been skating and staying shape at the MTS Iceplex.
Vancouver Canucks player Jannik Hansen, along with other NHL players, practises at the MTS Iceplex Friday during the NHL lockout.

Hansen’s wife is from Winnipeg so the former Manitoba Moose forward said he’s here for the time being.

"I don’t think I’ll be heading to Vancouver any time soon," Hansen said.
"The skates here are good enough as they are right now.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports ... 35556.html
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Um, Uh...

Right now, B's fans think Sweeney and Neely are even dumber than shit.

Also, I tried but I did not end up having a Wild HANK night.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Fight ! Fight ! Fight !
My money is on RD. He'll play dirty, and we all know how much he loves to move the goal posts.

Obfuscate! Obfuscate! Obfuscate!