Canucks @ Hawks

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Canucks @ Hawks

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

How many times will we hear the best goal song in the league tonight ?

How many times will the Willbrod dance around and lick his lips?

How many Wildcat beers will the dude crush ?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks @ Hawks

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The boys have hitched a ride on the Wilbrod Wagon. Is there no doubt that that they are smelling what the Brod is cooking?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:How many times will we hear the best goal song in the league tonight ?

I'm in the process of finalizing my experiment with Phillips Blue Buck tonight, will hop on the G&Ts soon to give me that crusty, crunchy, old man, Monday morning hangover
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Too bad Daniel couldn't make Kane paid for his mistake.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

RoyalDude wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:How many times will we hear the best goal song in the league tonight ?

I'm in the process of finalizing my experiment with Phillips Blue Buck tonight, will hop on the G&Ts soon to give me that crusty, crunchy, old man, Monday morning hangover
How would you rate the Phillips Blue Buck?
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hank wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:

How would you rate the Phillips Blue Buck?
I like it better in the vestibule of a pint glass while sitting in the cozy confines of your neighbourhood pub. I find that I prefer these craft beers via a tap and barrel than bottled. Anybody else with me on that?
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

I concur Dude. Craft beers on tap fer sure.

Sbisa back to Pizza on Kaner's goal.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

This game has all the markings of being an ugly one
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hank wrote:I concur Dude. Craft beers on tap fer sure.

I'm all dialed in for a craft beer festival on March 10 at Westwood Plateau. I'm loving the craft breweries in Port Moody these days.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Definitely could be an ugly one.

But what you'll notice is the Nucks are actually playing pretty well. Matching speed and effort with the Hawks. But clearly one team is better, deeper and more talented. Chicago is able to capitalize quickly on every tiny mistake.

Doesn't help that Van is statistically one of the worse passing teams, one of the worse at gaining zone entries and have a high amount of turnovers.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Could be 3-2 us if we had the breaks
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Hank wrote:I concur Dude. Craft beers on tap fer sure.

I'm all dialed in for a craft beer festival on March 10 at Westwood Plateau. I'm loving the craft breweries in Port Moody these days.
We are living in good times with the amount of great craft brews available, especially from the Pac Northwest.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

That Blackhawk playoff series - the birth of the Roger Nielsen towel power is some of the best times in Canucks hockey, loved that team
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Yeah as much I bag on Elmer he has managed to cobble together a 20 man unit that doesn't quit. These guys play hard for Twitch pretty much every night and what they lack in skill, size and speed they make up for in will. It's boring hockey but these kids are getting valuable experience this year. If they can hang into the playoff race till mid Feb and pick up a couple picks in addition to a top 10 pick it will be a decent season.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Yeah as much I bag on Elmer he has managed to cobble together a 20 man unit that doesn't quit. These guys play hard for Twitch pretty much every night and what they lack in skill, size and speed they make up for in will. It's boring hockey but these kids are getting valuable experience this year. If they can hang into the playoff race till mid Feb and pick up a couple picks in addition to a top 10 pick it will be a decent season.
LOL Blob, you know Doc's gonna rub that in your face right? :mrgreen:

Yup, we're a C minus team but it's good to see the young guys compete and getting better. Even the PP is looking decent tonight.

You still on the Fat Tug IPA diet?