GDT: Jan 7/17 Canucks @ Flames 7:00 pm CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Calgary_Canuck
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: GDT: Jan 7/17 Canucks @ Flames 7:00 pm CBC

Post by Calgary_Canuck »

GG. It was a good run.

It's so great seeing this team develop, definitively going in the right direction.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Fuck off Willie. You need a goal and Chaput is a better option?!
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Gotta be proud of the battle the Canucks put up, their goalie made some spectacular saves towards the end of the 3rd.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

SKYO wrote:Gotta be proud of the battle the Canucks put up, their goalie made some spectacular saves towards the end of the 3rd.
You bet I like our gumption
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Hard not to get emotional but it was always probably going to be a split.
Under the circumstances, we played better tonight.
Rats is right though. In the old days, even on the other side of the continent, a call up would be there and ready to play with a Big Mac & Fries, no sleep and an attitude.
Now it takes "an adjustment period". WTF.
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Like Doc said, Hutton said he was good to go so we had enough D. He was scratched after the warm up. Kinda hard to get someone there at that time. In order to call someone up just in case we would have to reassign a forward to meet roster restrictions.

Oh those silly roster restrictions. And maybe they have called Pedan up but he couldn't get from wherever he is to Calgary in time. Some seem to think that's a simple thing. Heck we claimed Boucher off waivers from NJ and he couldn't get to Vancouver until 9pm. Yes I know it was the same day but the point is is that it's not so easy to get flights from Utica to Calgary in 24 hours, assuming Utica is in Utica right now. I don't know if they are but unless they were in a major US city that has direct flights to Calgary....

Let's see, our game Friday was over at roughly 10:00pm our time, 1am in the east. Could it have been done, perhaps but then we'd have to reassign Gaunce or waive someone first. I don't get the speculation that we fucked up somehow.

Anyway, good game. We deserved the win but deserved a loss Friday. Funny how that works out. A gutsy performance. Are we back in 28th yet so I can cheer for the tank?
The only HW the Canucks need
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

If we had our farm team in Abby it may help in these instances.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Not a bad game with all the injuries we still kept it close

Do those swedish twins still play for the Canucks? Nothing much from them in the last 4 games.

Missing Hansen and Tanev hurts our defensive play..

Our PP still sucks.. :(

Maybe we see Rodin and Pedan next game ?

Hoping Trymakin isn't too banged up.. He's getting to be my favorite player !
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

:lol: :lol:

So Willie actually dressed Rodin but didn't give him any icetime ? Lmao this coach is awesome. I didn't catch the game but it sounds like the guys worked hard and put in a better effort than the night before where they didn't deserve any points.

Desjardins looks like an addict in recovery dancing and pacing around , twitching and licking his lips all the time. Someone should club him over the head with that grease board.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Rocky Dennis
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rocky Dennis »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:So Willie actually dressed Rodin but didn't give him any icetime ? Lmao this coach is awesome.
Agreed Blob. My patience has worn thin with this guy. It used to really bug me with Alain Vigneault as well - their flagrant and unbridled love for some players and open disdain for others. Having favourites is natural but when this favourtism starts devaluing assests, at what point should management step in? Rodin is no wet behind the ears player. He was an MVP of a professional league. While he will never win a Selke, has he done something so defensively egregious to warrant spending sixty full minutes stapled to the bench - especially when you need a goal? Meanwhile Megna is getting 15+ minutes and doing squat. The twins, who someone else already mentioned look slow, tired, and lack the crispness of execution we've all come to love...well simply they look painfully pedestrian...and willie cant try switching things up and trying out the 13th forward, who is offensive in nature, even one shift when down a goal? Jeebus. Is it too much for him to juggle forwards and keep things straight in his head? Isn't that where the clipboard would come in handy? Is this guy really a simpleton like some have suggested? It often seems so. So frustrating.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

We are not the only team having problems with scads of injuries at the same time.
It may be time to look into some tweaks to the rules.
The owners, at first, wouldn't like it but in the long run, it would help them.
The PA, would be all for it.
1-Be able to carry "ONE" more player.
2-Under the circumstances of more than say 2 injuries at one time, ONE player could move up and then back down without ANY waiver restrictions.
Details to be worked out, but in the long run, this would benefit all. It's time, really... :cheers:
"evolution"
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Rodin was day to day prior to the game. How much of it was to have a warm body with a pulse in the lineup once Hutton could not go?

Little trojan turned into a surrender monkey French tickler when the going got tough.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Topper wrote:Rodin was day to day prior to the game. How much of it was to have a warm body with a pulse in the lineup once Hutton could not go?

Little trojan turned into a surrender monkey French tickler when the going got tough.
OK, Topper: Why?
And: Options?
About the Stecher opinion.
Last edited by Mickey107 on Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"evolution"
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Have to agree with Crotchford regarding the roster blunder. If they knew Tanev and Button were both nicked up then call up a fucking defenceman. And if Rodin is hurt and was a warm body then Desjardins gets a pass. But if the dancing coach just doesn't trust him he should be gassed immediately. Even if somehow Elmer survives the season, Twitch should get the boot.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”