Page 1 of 4

GDT: Jan 2, 2017 Avs @ Canucks 7:00 pm. SN

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:35 pm
by Hockey Widow
Holy hell, it's 2017,

Miller to start.

Burrows out, has a scratch on his eye. He is day to day. We'll get a glimpse of life without Hansen and Burrows tonight :mrgreen:

Rodin in. He will play with Horvat and Baertschi.

I guess that means Magna is with the twins. Or does it? Maybe it means Louie is back with them. Or maybe Sutter. Or all three, not at the same time of course silly.

A win tonight draws us back to .500 hockey and, if I'm reading the standings right, one point out of a playoff spot. Yikes, say it ain't so Sam, say it ain't so.

Pedan reassigned to Utica. Thanks for coming out bud. Nice seeing ya again. Unreal WD won't give him a sniff. I honestly don't know if he has an NHL career in him.

A win would equal our season start of 4 consecutive wins. Only 11 behind Columbus and their streak.

6-0 Canucks. Really.

Re: GDT: Jan 2, 2017 Avs @ Canucks 7:00 pm. SN

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:40 pm
by Cornuck
Hockey Widow wrote:
A win tonight draws us back to .500 hockey and, if I'm reading the standings right, one point out of a playoff spot. Yikes, say it ain't so Sam, say it ain't so.
Amazing what a 3 win streak can do in the land of parity! :D

6-0? Sure! - it's gotta happen sometime, right?

GO CANUCKS GO!

Re: GDT: Jan 2, 2017 Avs @ Canucks 7:00 pm. SN

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:19 pm
by TDA Rum
I am kind of hoping Rodin has some good chemistry with Bo & Sven, they had a little in preseason, that way when Burrows comes back he can slide o to the Sedin line until Hansen gets back...

Re: GDT: Jan 2, 2017 Avs @ Canucks 7:00 pm. SN

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:26 pm
by Hockey Widow
TDA Rum wrote:I am kind of hoping Rodin has some good chemistry with Bo & Sven, they had a little in preseason, that way when Burrows comes back he can slide o to the Sedin line until Hansen gets back...
It would be even better if Louie stuck with the twins. A third line of Sutter/Granlund/Burrows would be pretty ok.

Re: GDT: Jan 2, 2017 Avs @ Canucks 7:00 pm. SN

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:27 pm
by Micky
I am really, really hoping the Canucks don't take this miserable team lightly.
The Avs are in such disarray, from now on, most of them will be playing for their careers.
Dangerous... :-o

Re: GDT: Jan 2, 2017 Avs @ Canucks 7:00 pm. SN

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:20 pm
by SKYO
Willie figuring out how to motivate these guys now hey?

Hoping Rodin storms into the scene like a pocket full of green.

2017 bruddaz/sista lets rock!

Re: GDT: Jan 2, 2017 Avs @ Canucks 7:00 pm. SN

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:03 pm
by Chef Boi RD
5-1 Canucks win

Goals by Sutter, Sbisa, Granlund, Eriksson, Baertschi

Re: GDT: Jan 2, 2017 Avs @ Canucks 7:00 pm. SN

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:06 pm
by dangler
Hockey Widow wrote: A win would equal our season start of 4 consecutive wins. Only 11 behind Columbus and their streak.
Lol!

With Burr & Honey Badger out who will provide the tenacious forecheck?

If they can play a full 60 like they did in Edmonton they should be able to pull this off

Re: GDT: Jan 2, 2017 Avs @ Canucks 7:00 pm. SN

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:34 pm
by Cherry Picker
4-2 Canucks

Hutton with the GWG

But he won't smile when he scores because he is finally learning that soon to be multimillionaires in their early 20s who play hockey for a living have no reason to have a shit-eating grin constantly pasted on their faces.

Re: GDT: Jan 2, 2017 Avs @ Canucks 7:00 pm. SN

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:27 pm
by Strangelove
Couple more wins and noted pants-pisser Blobby Numbnutz will lose his shit. Image

4-2 Canucks.

Re: GDT: Jan 2, 2017 Avs @ Canucks 7:00 pm. SN

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:37 pm
by Chef Boi RD
Cherry Picker wrote:4-2 Canucks

Hutton with the GWG

But he won't smile when he scores because he is finally learning that soon to be multimillionaires in their early 20s who play hockey for a living have no reason to have a shit-eating grin constantly pasted on their faces.
Yet McDavid, Laine, Eichel and Matthews play with dead pan cranky faces all the time even though they are on the verge of being 4 of the highest paid players in the game. Nahhhh, Hutton is a pure goof like smiley Curtis Lazar the bust.

Re: GDT: Jan 2, 2017 Avs @ Canucks 7:00 pm. SN

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:31 pm
by Cherry Picker
Anyone else notice Rodin was smiling?

This could be bad.

Re: GDT: Jan 2, 2017 Avs @ Canucks 7:00 pm. SN

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:33 pm
by Chef Boi RD
Cherry Picker wrote:Anyone else notice Rodin was smiling?

This could be bad.
No bro, Rodin don't got Lazar disease like Hutton does.

Re: GDT: Jan 2, 2017 Avs @ Canucks 7:00 pm. SN

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:43 pm
by Hockey Widow
Boring

Re: GDT: Jan 2, 2017 Avs @ Canucks 7:00 pm. SN

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:52 pm
by Cherry Picker
Hockey Widow wrote:Boring
I really wish Rodin and Hutton would take your advice to heart.