GDT: Canucks vs Oilers - right now

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Oilers - right now

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Yeah that playoff run in 2015 did a world of good for this team. They got raped by Ferland and the Flames and ended up with the 22nd pick. A top 10 pick in that draft would have been huge.

It's nice to see the young guys competing and improving but I still can't see this team getting the 92 -94 points to make it in.
We ended up picking Boeser with that 22nd pick, you don't like? Would you rather have Zacha or Miere?
I don't mind Boeser but I'd rather have Werenski, Rantanen or Provorov.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Topper wrote:A few comments;
Strong game all round against a team that looked disinterested.

Troy Stecher is Lynden Vey on the back end. While many here are in love with the guy, he can not defend, is a lightweight on the boards and is knocked down far too easily. Offensively, he has a quick release shot, and not much else. There is no doubt he's filling the Vey void.

Trymkin is on the Bo Horvat development train. Safe, conservative defense and only the last few games is he starting to shoot from the point, nearly all wristers. It is great watching him develop.

Note Tanev/Sbisa drew the McHeyzues assignment 5 on 5. On the PK the pairing were switched around to Sbisa/Trymkin and Edler/Tanev.

This is now Bo Horvat's team.
Wow! Usually insightful comments, this time around, I think skewed by dislike for anyone under 6 feet tall.
Vey? One of us needs an eye exam. sorry :wow:
"evolution"
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

micky107 wrote:
Topper wrote:A few comments;
Strong game all round against a team that looked disinterested.

Troy Stecher is Lynden Vey on the back end. While many here are in love with the guy, he can not defend, is a lightweight on the boards and is knocked down far too easily. Offensively, he has a quick release shot, and not much else. There is no doubt he's filling the Vey void.

Trymkin is on the Bo Horvat development train. Safe, conservative defense and only the last few games is he starting to shoot from the point, nearly all wristers. It is great watching him develop.

Note Tanev/Sbisa drew the McHeyzues assignment 5 on 5. On the PK the pairing were switched around to Sbisa/Trymkin and Edler/Tanev.

This is now Bo Horvat's team.
Wow! Usually insightful comments, this time around, I think skewed by dislike for anyone under 6 feet tall.
Vey? One of us needs an eye exam. sorry :wow:
I wonder if topper Hums "Short people got no reason to live" on the way to work ?
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

OK, to be fair, if I'm going to barb a post, I should explain myself.

Linden Vey does have remarkable skills.
He is an above average skater and has a good compliment of shots. Wrist, snap, slap and backhand. They are all there. However, he cannot read the play at all, making it impossible to read off team mates and the other way around. He skates with his head down too much of the time as well. This should have been identified at about the midget level, oh well! Turns coach's heads in practice for sure but can't play the NHL game. Dislikes the tough part of the game too.

Troy Stecher has an almost uncanny eye for the game. He reads the play and whoever he is playing with, extraordinary well. His skating is great and his shot is, well at least, scary. Certainly willing to take it.
He is being targeted by other teams but that is because other team's scouts have identified him as a sparkplug for his team. So far he has had good enough eyes open to see the hits coming and minimized them to a degree. Something I wish Chris Tanev could do. He does retaliate where ever he can and takes note of who dunnit!
He will drop em one day, I'm sure.\

Apples and Oranges to me :)
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Stecher will be fine, he's a rookie college player, it's always tough gif the college players to adjust to the NHL grind. He's smart and an extremely hard worker with a competitive streak, all the right tangibles, it's that bum Hutton who needs to stop reading his own headlines and get his Curtis Lazar smiley face head out of his ass.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

RoyalDude wrote:Stecher will be fine, he's a rookie college player, it's always tough gif the college players to adjust to the NHL grind. He's smart and an extremely hard worker with a competitive streak, all the right tangibles, it's that bum Hutton who needs to stop reading his own headlines and get his Curtis Lazar smiley face head out of his ass.
Yeah, enough with the smile :evil:
Good dentist though :)
"evolution"