GDT Canucks at JOHNNY HOCKEY(tm) 6pm SPAC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT Canucks at JOHNNY HOCKEY(tm) 6pm SPAC

Post by Island Nucklehead »

SKYO wrote:Arizona Coyotes with the analytics GM are not leaving 29th place, Avs are done, Canucks stuck at 3rd again tied with Vegas in the lotto, meaning we will pick 6th overall, because Canucks luck.
Might as well grab a couple more draft picks then.

Burrows, Hansen, Edler.

Might not pick 1st overall, but maybe having the 26th, 49th and 87th picks could help down the road.

I'm sick of this peewee hockey, moral victory, "winning culture" bullshit. The Canucks are losers. It's time to rebuild a winner. The slow rebuild transition only gets us trying to replace a past-his-prime Tanev and a UFA Horvat in 2-3 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

RoyalDude wrote:Is Biega really that much of a difference maker to not dress Pedan?
The Biega necessity will be over soon. ;)
"evolution"
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
SKYO wrote:Arizona Coyotes with the analytics GM are not leaving 29th place, Avs are done, Canucks stuck at 3rd again tied with Vegas in the lotto, meaning we will pick 6th overall, because Canucks luck.

Burrows, Hansen, Edler.

Might not pick 1st overall, but maybe having the 26th, 49th and 87th picks could help down the road.

I'm sick of this peewee hockey, moral victory, "winning culture" bullshit. The Canucks are losers. It's time to rebuild a winner. The slow rebuild transition only gets us trying to replace a past-his-prime Tanev and a UFA Horvat in 2-3 years.
This whole trade Hansen for a pick crap is misguided. I get Edler and Burrows, neither have ever had great speed and age catches up to these players easily. I think Hansen has many, many years left in the league. He has always been a great natural skater. He plays well on any line. He plays exactly like we all want everyone on this team to play. You just don't move guys like him for a late first or second round pick. He is a player who should stick around through the Sedin transition. I wouldn't trade him for less than a first round pick, a good prospect, and a good current young player. Only if another GM is willing to pay up bigly would I consider moving Hansen. He is the Honey Badger. He will defeat time, so just say no to trading him.

My one optimistic comment from last night's game, late in the third, I noticed for the first time Tryamkin and Stecher playing together. This is our future top pairing, our own Master-Blaster, our Rocket and Groot. During such an awful game, it was nice to see my plans finally coming to fruition.

Love Biega's heart, but I can't wait till he has qualified for the expansion draft, and Edler returns. He is clearly over-matched, and over-used at this level.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Cherry Picker wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:

Burrows, Hansen, Edler.

This whole trade Hansen for a pick crap is misguided. I get Edler and Burrows, neither have ever had great speed and age catches up to these players easily. I think Hansen has many, many years left in the league. He has always been a great natural skater. He plays well on any line. He plays exactly like we all want everyone on this team to play. You just don't move guys like him for a late first or second round pick. He is a player who should stick around through the Sedin transition. I wouldn't trade him for less than a first round pick, a good prospect, and a good current young player. Only if another GM is willing to pay up bigly would I consider moving Hansen. He is the Honey Badger. He will defeat time, so just say no to trading him.

My one optimistic comment from last night's game, late in the third, I noticed for the first time Tryamkin and Stecher playing together. This is our future top pairing, our own Master-Blaster, our Rocket and Groot. During such an awful game, it was nice to see my plans finally coming to fruition.

Love Biega's heart, but I can't wait till he has qualified for the expansion draft, and Edler returns. He is clearly over-matched, and over-used at this level.
CP: You have just made a friend! Couldn't agree more. The way Hansen approaches the game is pretty much the best possible mentoring that could be asked for. Why the hell trade that now of all times.

It's funny: In the summer, I purposely made a crazy post, knowing that I would be laughed at, and I was.
I did it because I was trying to prove a certain radio host was directly taking ideas from this forum and repeating them almost word for word, on air, the next day.
It was Hansen for Landeskog, straight across. :shock:
"evolution"
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Tkachuk makes us regret not taking him. lol we are soft as butter.
Yeah, at the time of the draft, I couldn't help but to think of a potential Tkachuk-BoHo-Virtanen line. That could have been a heck of a line for us for a lot of years.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Cherry Picker wrote: This whole trade Hansen for a pick crap is misguided. I get Edler and Burrows, neither have ever had great speed and age catches up to these players easily. I think Hansen has many, many years left in the league. He has always been a great natural skater. He plays well on any line. He plays exactly like we all want everyone on this team to play. You just don't move guys like him for a late first or second round pick. He is a player who should stick around through the Sedin transition. I wouldn't trade him for less than a first round pick, a good prospect, and a good current young player. Only if another GM is willing to pay up bigly would I consider moving Hansen. He is the Honey Badger. He will defeat time, so just say no to trading him.
The "Burrows effect". I'm sure we'll be super-satisfied with a $4.5M per deal for Hansen until he's 36.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Cherry Picker wrote: This whole trade Hansen for a pick crap is misguided. I get Edler and Burrows, neither have ever had great speed and age catches up to these players easily. I think Hansen has many, many years left in the league. He has always been a great natural skater. He plays well on any line. He plays exactly like we all want everyone on this team to play. You just don't move guys like him for a late first or second round pick. He is a player who should stick around through the Sedin transition. I wouldn't trade him for less than a first round pick, a good prospect, and a good current young player. Only if another GM is willing to pay up bigly would I consider moving Hansen. He is the Honey Badger. He will defeat time, so just say no to trading him.
The "Burrows effect". I'm sure we'll be super-satisfied with a $4.5M per deal for Hansen until he's 36.
Nope! He won't ask for more than 200k more than he's getting now, if that, and it won't matter what his agent tells him. Bank-on-it..
"evolution"