Game day thread nucks @ lightning

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Re: Game day thread nucks @ lightning

Post by 5thhorseman »

I agree with giving Bo's unit more PP time, but not sure on the overall ice time. I've heard it said that AV often pushed Kesler's ice-time too far and this caused him to be less effective and prone to injury. Players have their "sweet spot" and maybe Bo isn't there yet.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Benjo wrote:I wonder how long it takes until Willie realizes that Sutter is the biggest Sedin black hole since Steve Bernier.
Whatever happened to Jason King? :|

Hmmm... never mind... assistant coach in Utica...
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=9920
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

micky107 wrote:
Cornuck wrote:
micky107 wrote: Come on, buddy, that is NOT what I said or meant. You should know that.. ;)
So you're saying they should be getting 2nd line minutes? 3rd line?

The whole twinsition plan is to move away from them - but that's not going happen until we have pieces in place to fill their spots.

I'm really not sure what you're getting at.
Doesn't matter if all the pieces are not in place, (they won't be for a while).
The ice time has to be cut back, it's still 82 games, last I checked.
WD has to put what pieces we do have in a position to play bigger minutes and some 1st unit PP time, hence drawing other teams best checkers away from the twins, actually opening the door for them to have success with lesser minutes.
This has all been talked about before.....
I think I need to add to this a bit.

What would be wrong with playing Megna with the Sedins for a while. Has some of the same characteristics Ansen Carter did.
Eriksson shouldn't even get a look-see there. That is until he finally finds that last piece of luggage he lost upon coming to Vancouver. The one with his heart! He's starting to remind me of Vrbata's second year here. If it were possible, he needs some Utica time but since it's not, play him with Bo's line and get him up to speed. Bo can mentor him for a spell!

Hansen is very close to returning. Maybe he can play with Sutter and get him going and more accountable, add in Burrows.

We have enough material to try some neat stuff, just too bad WD failed chemistry in school.
"evolution"
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

micky107 wrote: What would be wrong with playing Megna with the Sedins for a while. Has some of the same characteristics Ansen Carter did.
Yar, or even Skille for that matter. Megna almost has as many goals as Bearcheese and he played like half the games, playing only on 3rd-4th line. Skille was once a very high 1st rounder, drafted after Gilbert Brule and b4 Luc Bourdon. Maybe even try them out on the BoHo line.

I think Sutter is more valuable down the middle, although he takes a lot of draws when out with the Sedins. Hansen sounds like he should be back soon, so he should help our wings.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Bo's line has already taken over matching the opponents top line. A role the Sedin's had carried the past couple of years.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Tiger wrote:
Benjo wrote:I wonder how long it takes until Willie realizes that Sutter is the biggest Sedin black hole since Steve Bernier.
I wonder how long it will take members of this board to realize the "black hole" is 2 Sedins..
Members of this board already realize the Butt Hole that has nothing to add except to post the same clueless shit over and over again.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Cornuck wrote:
micky107 wrote: Come on, buddy, that is NOT what I said or meant. You should know that.. ;)
So you're saying they should be getting 2nd line minutes? 3rd line?

The whole twinsition plan is to move away from them - but that's not going happen until we have pieces in place to fill their spots.

I'm really not sure what you're getting at.
Exactly. I really don't understand all the crying. If people didn't realize, the twins are already placeholders with a year and a half left on their contracts. Sufficient time to transition some of the youngsters to that prime 23-24 year age range.

They are doing exactly what you've mocked the Oilers development for not doing all these years and wasting away all that "talent".

Why are the twins still top dogs? Because no one truly has the goods to take over yet. Blame the previous regime for doing nothing to draft and develop and only lucking out because they had Cheeseburglar's piece to trade with.

If MG did his job properly, there wouldn't be a 15 year gap between Henrik and Bo. There wouldn't be a need to trade for in-between placeholders. We'd be more like Detroit and SJ where in-house talent would assume the mantle and the old dogs would drop down... success continued seamlessly.

Well, there's a plan now and it's moving nicely along. Maybe you'd all like another plan but the guys that own this team has always said no. So as a certain someone who often likes to remind you... try to focus 2-3 years from now.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

5thhorseman wrote:Our top two players points-wise are a "black hole". Wow!

I'll tell you what a black hole is. This team without the Sedins! These guys are still carrying the load.
Simply suggesting that for some players ( Vrbata, Sutter, Louie Ericsen etc ) they dont fit with the Sedins and in fact play far better with other team mates... Over the years many players were put with the Sedins that didn't work out .. A very few did... Carter, Burrows ,, maybe Hansen.

Its showing in Sutters case.. he was doing far better before joining the Sedin's
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice