Canucks vs Leefs 4pm CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks vs Leefs 4pm CBC

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

Hank wrote:
Ronning's Ghost wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Nice revenge win.
I dunno. Does it really feel like revenge to you ?
Jeezus, do we need to one-punch KO Martin, break Reilly's clavicle and blind-side headshot Kadri while pummeling them on the scoreboard 10-0 for you to be satisfied?
Nah, 6-0 would have been plenty.
Hank wrote:You think this team at this stage is capable of that?
Not without supernatural help.
Hank wrote:Take what you can.
A sound policy. There is nothing else. I'm just not convinced that what the Canucks took actually qualifies as revenge. I'm sure the whole organization is excited about the two points, though.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Ronning's Ghost wrote:
Gudbranson had a good tilt vs Martin. DC pointed out he wasn't wearing the battle-shield for it. It's nice to see a Canuck get props for being gritty and playing honest for a change.

Canucks won the game. I'm not sure how much more we should expect from this squad.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
SKYO wrote:
Ronning's Ghost wrote:
Yes I hate cocky leaves fans and kadri.
Totally didnt feel like a revenge. I envisioned something like what Mossad did after Munich but ended up with a Merkel-like refugee invasion
All I wanted was the win vs the leaves fans, best revenge ever.

Better than Torres headhunting fools like before aha.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Ronning's Ghost wrote:
Gudbranson had a good tilt vs Martin. DC pointed out he wasn't wearing the battle-shield for it. It's nice to see a Canuck get props for being gritty and playing honest for a change.

Canucks won the game. I'm not sure how much more we should expect from this squad.
It may have been the best outcome that could reasonably be hoped for. That might mean that what i would have called a satisfying revenge wasn't in the cards.

But we're talking about feelings, which isn't my long suit. If you fans who are much more emotionally invested than I am feel avenged, that's great. I'm not knockin' it.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Ronning's Ghost wrote:
Hank wrote:
Ronning's Ghost wrote:
Jeezus, do we need to one-punch KO Martin, break Reilly's clavicle and blind-side headshot Kadri while pummeling them on the scoreboard 10-0 for you to be satisfied?
A sound policy. There is nothing else. I'm just not convinced that what the Canucks took actually qualifies as revenge. I'm sure the whole organization is excited about the two points, though.
I would've like to seen a wee bit of revenge myself but it's just not the make up of this team.

Furthermore, the league just isn't going to give this team a break. A guy like Gudbranson can't even make an empty threat that gets made all the time without the league ready to throw the book at them. Can you imagine the same type of hit Kadri threw, even attempted by a Canuck?
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Ronning's Ghost wrote: It may have been the best outcome that could reasonably be hoped for. That might mean that what i would have called a satisfying revenge wasn't in the cards.

But we're talking about feelings, which isn't my long suit. If you fans who are much more emotionally invested than I am feel avenged, that's great. I'm not knockin' it.

We have one of the best revenge episodes ever in Bertuzzi vs. Moore (I cheered when it happened). We're not likely to get such satisfaction twice.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Stetcher was the hero for me tonight. Saved the game with a goal line clear and almost won it in OT.
The only HW the Canucks need
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Hank wrote:
Ronning's Ghost wrote:
Hank wrote:
Ronning's Ghost wrote:
I would've like to seen a wee bit of revenge myself but it's just not the make up of this team.

Furthermore, the league just isn't going to give this team a break. A guy like Gudbranson can't even make an empty threat that gets made all the time without the league ready to throw the book at them. Can you imagine the same type of hit Kadri threw, even attempted by a Canuck?
So I guess what I've been trying say is that I'm not sure 'revenge' was possible.

But by all means enjoy the win. I'm not trying to kill anyone's buzz.

If the Canucks win the Cup before the leaves, that would surely count as all the sweet revenge anyone could want. From what you saw tonight, do you like your chances?
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Hockey Widow wrote:Stetcher was the hero for me tonight. Saved the game with a goal line clear and almost won it in OT.
I agree, it was a good game for Stetcher, and I thought a pretty good one for Tryamkin, too.

I thought more was asked of Sbisa than he had to give, but that's the nature of the current injury situation.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Ronning's Ghost wrote: If the Canucks win the Cup before the leaves, that would surely count as all the sweet revenge anyone could want. From what you saw tonight, do you like your chances?
Who's talking about a Cup?

Who needs revenge when we have this?

Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Ronning's Ghost wrote:
So I guess what I've been trying say is that I'm not sure 'revenge' was possible.

If the Canucks win the Cup before the leaves, that would surely count as all the sweet revenge anyone could want. From what you saw tonight, do you like your chances?
Oh hell no.

See the sig :lol:
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Hank wrote:
Ronning's Ghost wrote:

Oh hell no.

See the sig :lol:
It could easily be two or three years before the leaves are contenders, either.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Ronning's Ghost wrote: It may have been the best outcome that could reasonably be hoped for. That might mean that what i would have called a satisfying revenge wasn't in the cards.

We have one of the best revenge episodes ever in Bertuzzi vs. Moore (I cheered when it happened). We're not likely to get such satisfaction twice.
So you like when a player ends a person' career?
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
lostinarink
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by lostinarink »

Ronning's Ghost wrote:
It may have been the best outcome that could reasonably be hoped for.
Best part is knowing that the loser point makes it that much harder for the leaflets to win the draft lottery

:P
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

SKYO wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:

So you like when a player ends a person' career?
In that case? Yes.