GDT: 6/4/16 Canucks @ Oilers 4:00pm SN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT: 6/4/16 Canucks @ Oilers 4:00pm SN

Post by vic »

Tiger wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Ok, ok, ok. So a mini tank is on but I ask ya, where was the fucking effort? It is so disappointing, after three wins over SoCal to have this type of effort. It's almost over.

Hopefully Benning will have some good luck with the co-eds, as they have been referred to.
Hell the boys overachieved for 3 games in SoCal.,., Maybe they took the night off so the Oil could win there
last game in Rexall place? It really doesn't matter f all.. Impressed with Bo's line .. played well even though the rest of the team took the night off.. and got a goal and a +2 :)

Vic.. quit the fire the coach shit.. Willie can't make chicken soup outta chicken shit !! This collection of AHL players overage "stars" and rookies are not contenders.. Just enjoy watching the kids get better !
Never did I call them contenders, I'm not that delusional...

I'm more miffed at the lack of effort and accountability, Willie has shown very little to get these guys motivated...
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

You're being sensitive Vic :mrgreen:

The point is no coach could have gotten chicken salad out of chicken shit. Not even the great cock could help the leaves or McLellan right the oil tanker.
The only HW the Canucks need
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

vic wrote: I'm more miffed at the lack of effort and accountability, Willie has shown very little to get these guys motivated...
I'm curious as to what you think WD should be doing to get them motivated?

At the NHL level I don't think the head coach should be the motivating factor. He needs to be the one to assess the team and use a system that will yield the best results. During a game use his knowledge to make changes in the lineup or line matching in order to succeed. Really use his tactical expertise to get the best from his team.

One could definitely argue that because WD is fairly green as an NHL coach this is where he is lacking.

I really don't think he should be the one to motivate, in all honesty at this level players should need very minimal external motivation in order to play their best on a regular basis. This is where having hard working vets on a young team can pay dividends.

It's like moving from high school to university. In high school you have teachers that will help motivate you to do your work, they will check it and check in on you to test your knowledge. When you get to post secondary education it's up to you. The professors instruct and give you the material, it's completely up to you to learn it and determine how much effort needs to be put into your studies.

Time to put the grown up pants on or your stay will be short!
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Hank wrote: Mr. Pylon knock your kassassian on his ass skated away laughing. Zacky was begging for a fight like a junkie short on cash begging a dealer for a fix.

"My Kassassian"... ugh! :crazy:
Sounds like Mr. Dorsy was afraid to go with Zacky. :P
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
Hank wrote: Mr. Pylon knock your kassassian on his ass skated away laughing. Zacky was begging for a fight like a junkie short on cash begging a dealer for a fix.

"My Kassassian"... ugh! :crazy:
Sounds like Mr. Dorsy was afraid to go with Zacky. :P
LOL, Todd. I think your Zacky man-love has made you blind.

When has Dorsett ever lacked balls? Brains, yes. The guy has taken on all comers throughout his career, fighting guys 2 or 3 weight classes up.

We can complain about many things in Dorsett's game, but heart isn't one of those.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!