GDT: 4/4/16 Kings @ Canucks 7:00 pm SN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: 4/4/16 Kings @ Canucks 7:00 pm SN

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Topper wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:I think we're going to be more like the LA Kings. We've got our Kopitar in Bo Horvat, and our Quick in Thatcher Demko, all we need now is our highly-touted franchise D-man in the draft and we'll be on our way to winning a couple cups. I think my fantasy makes about as much sense as yours.
Then why the worry about the Swiss Miss and the Finns at the top of the draft when the depth of the class is at D?
I'm not worried. I wanted the Canucks to be bad enough to have a shot at an impact player in the draft and we're right there.
Arachnid wrote: Now who's over simplifying it? Have you ever even played a team sport in a league before? I'm a jock from way back and still play and I can tell you it's all in the head. Confidence man.
Arachnid wrote: No actually, real leagues with paid refs and everything.... shocking I know there sludgester ;)
:lol: this is fucking awesome. Much like your sporting abilities, your best posting days are clearly behind you. Glory Days, Spider, they've clearly passed you by.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

And McClellan says its like a disease. Every time you think think you have eradicated it, it comes back.

http://news.nationalpost.com/sports/nhl ... r-deathbed
The only HW the Canucks need
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Topper wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:I think we're going to be more like the LA Kings. We've got our Kopitar in Bo Horvat, and our Quick in Thatcher Demko, all we need now is our highly-touted franchise D-man in the draft and we'll be on our way to winning a couple cups. I think my fantasy makes about as much sense as yours.
Then why the worry about the Swiss Miss and the Finns at the top of the draft when the depth of the class is at D?
I'm not worried. I wanted the Canucks to be bad enough to have a shot at an impact player in the draft and we're right there.
Arachnid wrote: Now who's over simplifying it? Have you ever even played a team sport in a league before? I'm a jock from way back and still play and I can tell you it's all in the head. Confidence man.
Arachnid wrote: No actually, real leagues with paid refs and everything.... shocking I know there sludgester ;)
:lol: this is fucking awesome. Much like your sporting abilities, your best posting days are clearly behind you. Glory Days, Spider, they've clearly passed you by.
:D It's always funny the Interweb posting bravado of some dweebs...they say it like they mean (<see wot?!) it...when really they are probably just talking about themselves.....broke back, single, bald, fat, dads that sit around on their computer all day posting crap....I can tell when someone doesn't exercise themselves (mentally or physically 'Hi' Blab :mrgreen: ).

Like I said, I don't post that I play hockey to impress anyone. I post because I love playing it and continue to do so on a competitive and successful level. If that gives me no insights of the lazy casual statistical loser fan but the brain of a jock and admin then so be it.

Continue on Captain Remote and U Vic drop-out 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hey Spidey were you the best tether ball player in your school ?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Hey Spidey were you the best tether ball player in your school ?
Pretty much, we used guys like you as the pole.... :D

I am a damn fine Ball Hockey player if I do so humbly admit.... :oops:
I have been called everything from Avery to Yzerman so I will wear those badges with honour.
You would want me on your team, trust me...I am a team first 2-way player that will always have your back.
Most don't like to play against me. I have been kicked out of more than one league...hey can I help it if I'm 6'3" 210? I play how I play, not dirty but I never back down. :thumbs:

Hey Blahbarino...when's the last time you played organized team sports?

Some of my friends have pretty much quit do to age, kids, injuries and are having all kinds of health problems....it's just so sad...I just can't stop...I'm always looking forward to the next burn (so I can drink more beer :D )...

I would hate for you to stroke out on here when GMJB wins the Cup™ without you on board the train...
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

lol, ball hockey.

Spidey is the old guy that should hang'em up, still trying to keep up with the 20-somethings, who's just a complete weapon out there. A danger to himself and other players . Likely wears the full cheese-grater too.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Arachnid wrote:

Hey Blahbarino...when's the last time you played organized team sports
This year
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Island Nucklehead wrote:lol, ball hockey.

Spidey is the old guy that should hang'em up, still trying to keep up with the 20-somethings, who's just a complete weapon out there. A danger to himself and other players . Likely wears the full cheese-grater too.
Laugh all you want MonkeyBoy™ but you couldn't keep up with me 8-)

I would crush you like a virgin school girl in the Spring time....

:look:

Ball Hockey is awesome man, play it year round for great cardio. Get to score and make great plays, feel likea champ out there yayayayayayaeah baby! Likea champ!

:eh:

*Ahem* It's great fun :D

I was playing with 20 somethings up to last year but I knocked ones kids teeth out (accidentally of course). Some younger kids too, even an OHL top prospect, fuck do they have a lot of energy, run around like chickens with their heads cut off. Hard to catch unless you use trickery :mrgreen: I love trash talking them with inappropriate comments like 'Your mom is soooooo hot (which is usually true where I live).
I moved on to a 30+ league this year but the quality is still great.

I can only imagine what kind of shape you're in.... :cry:

Shameful really...
Last edited by Arachnid on Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Arachnid wrote:

Hey Blahbarino...when's the last time you played organized team sports
This year
OK, so why so secretive aboot tit?!...come'n man, spit it out Stimpy!

Is it competitive knitting? Co-ed wheel chair basket case?

Dumpster diving?????

What! WHAT! WOT! Tell me! I wanna know!!!!!!!!!!!

I promise I won't make fun of you.... *crosses fingers behind his back*

Lotta talk on here but no one ever backs it up...kinda yeller ;)
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Arachnid wrote: I was playing with 20 somethings up to last year but I knocked ones kids teeth out (accidentally of course). Some younger kids too, even an OHL top prospect, fuck do they have a lot of energy, run around like chickens with their heads cut off. Hard to catch unless you use trickery :mrgreen: I love trash talking them with inappropriate comments like 'Your mom is soooooo hot (which is usually true where I live).
I moved on to a 30+ league this year but the quality is still great.

I can only imagine what kind of shape you're in.... :cry:
Your mom is so hot... sick burn dude.

We play against a Midget development team, and yeah, they're assholes, skate like the wind, but don't have any clue about systems. I enjoy throwing the "if you were any good you'd be playing down south by now" or "keep talking through that birdcage and I'll beat the shit out of you and your dad", one kid actually came back with "my dad's in the RCMP", I asked how accepting he was when he found out his son was a queer.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Arachnid wrote: Lotta talk on here but no one ever backs it up...kinda yeller ;)
Welcome to the internet!

Now shut-up or I'll kick your ass cause I know cyberkwondo.

:drink:
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Aaronp18 wrote:Now shut-up or I'll kick your ass cause I know cyberkwondo.

Just ask BB, eh? ;)
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Aaronp18 wrote:
Arachnid wrote: Lotta talk on here but no one ever backs it up...kinda yeller ;)
Welcome to the internet!

Now shut-up or I'll kick your ass cause I know cyberkwondo.

:lol: You're the only one I believe on here AJ, because you're willing to go to prison for the truth!

:crazy:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Pretty sure my buddy Arachnid would kick the piss outta IN + Blob in real life (without working up a sweat).

Having said that, WHY can't we all just get along. :(
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Is that Docs sock inside spideys boxing glove?
If you need air...call it in