GDT: 16/3/16 AVS @ Canucks 7:00 pm SNP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT: 16/3/16 AVS @ Canucks 7:00 pm SNP

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Hockey Widow wrote:With Trymakin on the team it seems inappropriate to call Pedan Andre the Giant.
Those 2 played pretty well in their limited time together. Maybe in a year or two, they'll be our Two Towers. :D

Gotta say though, just having those 2 in the lineup changes the look our our D core significantly: way more beef back there. :lol:
Last edited by Todd Bersnoozi on Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Maybe in a few years but gaunce tranyking pedan and whoever 65 is are integral to a sweet draft spot.
Play them...play them all
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Reefer2 wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:For those advocating getting rid of all the vets and let the kids play, this is what it looks like!
I don't think anyone is advocating about getting rid of all the vets, we just said sell the assets now and get what you can for them. Vets can be brought in as UFA if needed in the off season.
Yeah I've never read anything where people were wanting to get rid of all the vets. Just the ufa ones.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:For those advocating getting rid of all the vets and let the kids play, this is what it looks like!
I don't think anyone is advocating about getting rid of all the vets, we just said sell the assets now and get what you can for them. Vets can be brought in as UFA if needed in the off season.
Yeah I've never read anything where people were wanting to get rid of all the vets. Just the ufa ones.
And discussion about Burrows and Hansen (neither of which are UFA this summer).
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Here's to hoping that Calgary, Columbus, and Buffalo, all win their next couple of games.....and we don't.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Mëds wrote:Here's to hoping that Calgary, Columbus, and Buffalo, all win their next couple of games.....and we don't.

And Edler, Miller, Dorsett.
The only HW the Canucks need
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Mëds wrote:And discussion about Burrows and Hansen (neither of which are UFA this summer).

In my skimming, I haven't seen anyone advocating the trading all of those parties together, just suggestions respecting trading the UFA's and/or a couple of the aforementioned individuals for prospects and picks. Right now we are in the perfect storm of injuries which I don't think anyone (including management) could have predicted. On team 1040 they were discussing how for the Avs game they were close to not meeting the preseason vet requirements (something like having 7 players with over 200 games). I don't think anyone is advocating that extreme of a purge via trades, but given our plethora of injuries it seems to be what we have to go with right now. Still, can't say that I mind seeing more kids getting chances to play and dropping a couple places in the standings...
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

DonCherry4PM wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:
Mëds wrote:And discussion about Burrows and Hansen (neither of which are UFA this summer).

In my skimming, I haven't seen anyone advocating the trading all of those parties together, just suggestions respecting trading the UFA's and/or a couple of the aforementioned individuals for prospects and picks
Amazingly I have never seen anyone post that all the veterans should be dealt. It's funny though, I keep reading that I and others have said it. Apparently I want to go full Oilers.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”