GDT: 3/5/16 Canucks@Sharks 7:00 pm HNIC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

GDT: 3/5/16 Canucks@Sharks 7:00 pm HNIC

Post by Hockey Widow »

Reimer to start for Sharks.

Miller to start for Canucks.

If Vrbata is good to go Gaunce sits, otherwise no line up changes. I think barring injuries Weber has seen his last game as a Canuck.

Of interest, players cannot be loaned to a minor league affiliate after the TDD. Weber was not on Utica's roster by 3:00 pm ET of TDD therefore cannot be waived again this year. Wonder why Benning didn't do this? Sort of precludes any call ups on D unless we have injuries. Thinking roster size here not cap issues. It also means Trymakin cannot be sent to Utica this season, if he is signed this year he has to play in Vancouver. I guess they could shut down both Edler and Sutter for the rest of the year.

Canucks in a good position to fall in the standings again tonight. They are now all but eliminated from the playoffs, yes mathematically they can still make it.....

Would love to see another strong game from the kids. They are fun to watch. Love seeing Hutton on the PP.
The only HW the Canucks need
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: GDT: 3/5/16 Canucks@Sharks 7:00 pm HNIC

Post by olpaddy »

Hockey Widow wrote:Reimer to start for Sharks.

If Vrbata is good to go Gaunce sits, otherwise no line up changes. I think barring injuries Weber has seen his last game as a Canuck.

Of interest, players cannot be loaned to a minor league affiliate after the TDD. Weber was not on Utica's roster by 3:00 pm ET of TDD therefore cannot be waived again this year. Wonder why Benning didn't do this? Sort of precludes any call ups on D unless we have injuries. Thinking roster size here not cap issues. It also means Trymakin cannot be sent to Utica this season, if he is signed this year he has to play in Vancouver. I guess they could shut down both Edler and Sutter for the rest of the year.

Canucks in a good position to fall in the standings again tonight. They are now all but eliminated from the playoffs, yes mathematically they can still make it.....

Would love to see another strong game from the kids. They are fun to watch. Love seeing Hutton on the PP.
HW what is the word on the street regarding Trymakin you think he is coming???
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

olpaddy wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Reimer to start for Sharks.

HW what is the word on the street regarding Trymakin you think he is coming???
If and when he does it will be straight to the big club I heard...
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Re Trymakin:

I got nothing that isn't out there!

He cannot be assigned to Utica this season as he was not on their roster prior to the end of the TDD. His contract expires April 30th so the Canucks could wait until then to sign him, no complicated early buy out needed but then we would not see him until training camp. He is UFA I think June 1 if the Canucks fail to sign him although I have not been able to confirm this.

If they sign him now they burn one year off his ELC but then retain his rights as a UFA once his ELC has expired.

He does not want to go to Utica, at all. His ELC would be the max allowable so no conflict there. His Russian agent likes the idea of getting him signed now to burn one year off the deal plus knowing he cannot be loaned to Utica this season. Gives him a leg up to making the team out of camp.

I have heard the hold up is the buy out of the last month of his contract. The Canucks cannot buy this out as it is not allowable under the CBA so he would have to pay the buy out. But the trade off is he would get an NHL contract for the last month of the season plus be UFA one year earlier.

The Canucks are not prepared to promise him a roster spot next season, he has to earn it. But they could loan him back to the KHL with no re-call rights I guess.

One friend told me the Canucks are very very confident that a deal will get done, just not as confident that it will be this season. They are more extremely hopeful it gets done now than they are confident.

So your guess is as good as mine.
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

Hockey Widow wrote:Re Trymakin:

He cannot be assigned to Utica this season as he was not on their roster prior to the end of the TDD. His contract expires April 30th so the Canucks could wait until then to sign him, no complicated early buy out needed but then we would not see him until training camp. He is UFA I think June 1 if the Canucks fail to sign him although I have not been able to confirm this.

If they sign him now they burn one year off his ELC but then retain his rights as a UFA once his ELC has expired.

He does not want to go to Utica, at all. His ELC would be the max allowable so no conflict there. His Russian agent likes the idea of getting him signed now to burn one year off the deal plus knowing he cannot be loaned to Utica this season. Gives him a leg up to making the team out of camp.

I have heard the hold up is the buy out of the last month of his contract. The Canucks cannot buy this out as it is not allowable under the CBA so he would have to pay the buy out. But the trade off is he would get an NHL contract for the last month of the season plus be UFA one year earlier.

The Canucks are not prepared to promise him a roster spot next season, he has to earn it. But they could loan him back to the KHL with no re-call rights I guess.

One friend told me the Canucks are very very confident that a deal will get done, just not as confident that it will be this season. They are more extremely hopeful it gets done now than they are confident.

So your guess is as good as mine.
U would think Pedan is here next yr cause of waivers u would assume Trymakin is here as well with a Bartkowski gone Weber gone Hamhuis Gone the makeover continues....
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Markstrom gets the net!
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Already tired about hearing how good all the sharks are....heads up asses
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Not the same team tonight. So far they look out classed by the Sharks.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote: Re Trymakin:

This is true.
http://www.nhlpa.com/inside-nhlpa/colle ... -agreement

8.10 Age of Players. As used in this Article, "age 18" means a Player reaching his eighteenth birthday between January 1 next preceding the Entry Draft and September 15 next following the Entry Draft, both dates included; "age 19" means a Player reaching his nineteenth birthday by no later than September 15 in the calendar year of the Entry Draft; "age 20" means a Player reaching his twentieth birthday by no later than December 31 in the calendar year of the Entry Draft; "age 21" means a Player reaching his twenty-first birthday by December 31 in the calendar year of the Entry Draft; and "age 22" means a Player reaching his twenty-second birthday by December 31 in the calendar year of the Entry Draft.

(ii) Notwithstanding any provision of Sections 8.6(a) or (b) to the contrary, if a Player drafted at age 20 or older is drafted from a club outside North America, his drafting Club shall retain the exclusive right of negotiation for his services through and including the second June 1 following his selection in the Entry Draft. The Club need not make a Bona Fide Offer to such Player to retain such rights.

(iii) Upon the expiration of the applicable exclusive right of negotiation as outlined in subsections (i) and (ii) above, the Player shall be a draft-related Unrestricted Free Agent.
(Tryannosaurus was 20 when drafted)
Hockey Widow wrote: If they sign him now they burn one year off his ELC but then retain his rights as a UFA once his ELC has expired.
Wait... what?

If they sign him, it would be a 2-year ELC... and Rex would be RFA after that... right?
Hockey Widow wrote: His Russian agent likes the idea of getting him signed now to burn one year off the deal plus knowing he cannot be loaned to Utica this season.
:thumbs:
Hockey Widow wrote: I have heard the hold up is the buy out of the last month of his contract. The Canucks cannot buy this out as it is not allowable under the CBA so he would have to pay the buy out. But the trade off is he would get an NHL contract for the last month of the season plus be UFA one year earlier.
Yup, this happens fairly often. 8-)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote:Not the same team tonight. So far they look out classed by the Sharks.
Sharks came flying out of the gate.

Canucks did not.

I hope someone like Virtanen runs Reimer

... it's fun watching Reimer lose his mind.

____
Try to focus on someday.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

I just hate Garry Galley. He is just so annoying. What a fucking loser!
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Jovocop wrote:I just hate Garry Galley. He is just so annoying. What a fucking loser!
^^
This
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Wait, a call went our way?

Well then, hooray for Vey!

(hilarious to watch these linesmen with tiny monitors and bad camera angles on coach's challenges)

Nice shiner on Haley courtesy of Dorsett. :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
TDA Rum
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by TDA Rum »

The OOTS is looking good tonight for tank nation...
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

That was a bad play by Tanev. The Canucks really need a quarterback. I am starting to like Granlund, calm with the puck.