GDT: WhatTheDuck? @ Canucks 7:00 18/02/16

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: WhatTheDuck? @ Canucks 7:00 18/02/16

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Wow Runny just went to town .

Wids , " tank nation " doesn't see a plan . That's the problem . Benning has a huge six months in front of him . He needs to purge at the deadline , have a good draft and set this team up for the future . In reality he should have more than 20 million to spend on July 1st but due to some of the blunders he and Eye Bags have made he will have around 10-12 million . I honestly think it might be better to have him sign a few guys to one year deals and flip them next deadline. Outside of the Tanev contract he has made some stupid decisions so it might be time for Aquilini to take the the cheque book away .

A 7 or 8 out of 10 . That's fucking hilarious .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Wow Runny just went to town .
And is fairly bang-on. Except for my mother being a whore, Dorothy Knucklehead is a saint.
Dr. Tobias Funke
AHL Prospect

Post by Dr. Tobias Funke »

Exactly, in the summer Benning was calling this a 100 point playoff team. Now it's a rebuild.

Fans didn't want a rebuild out of incompetence, one where the GM is effectively unable to get ANY value out of what used to be assets. Or one where the GM is throwing multi-year contracts at stupid high dollar amounts towards below average players because they watch video and are "culture carriers".

If this team had gotten to a rebuild in the right way - i.e. getting some value for assets, rather than either giving them away ALONG WITH draft picks, or putting assets in situations where they were bound to fail, deteriorating their value substantially - THEN fans would have reason to be satisfied. Vrbata could have been worth a first rounder in the summer, when they had ZERO plans to play him with the Sedins. How could they have not foreseen that he wouldn't have a 30+ goal year like last year? Now he MIGHT be worth a third rounder. Oh what, they kept him around for the playoffs? Wait I thought this is a rebuild so we should be happy? Boggles my mind.

Benning soiling himself over extending players like Spizza, Dorsett, Sutter (who is by far the best of the three) at above-market value and term when the players have zero leverage is just insanity. It's like he hands out contracts based on players achieving whatever hail mary fantasies he has for them in the future. Considering that Sutter is the highest paid forward EVER who has never scored more than 40 points, chances are he that he would have signed the same deal even if he had a career high 50 point season this year. Instead, he has 9 points. Yes, it's due to injury, but you don't think that he could have got locked up for far less now, while he's still a controllable asset?

I can't think of a single instance where Benning/Linden have utilized leverage to their benefit, and that is a tremendous concern to me.
Last edited by Dr. Tobias Funke on Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Rumsfeld wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:
Mëds wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:
Todd Bersnoozi wrote:#TankitBennaling!

Man, our old buddy Kes takes out Jake the Snake with a big hit and then waves goodbye to him. Embarassing, kid should be in juniors. I still remember when Kassassian laid the body on Kes last year and knocked him down... it was awesome. :lol:

It's a tough one Todd. Both Virtanen and McCann were obviously not ready for the NHL and if eligible would have been in Utica all season. Hard to argue though that the one year developing in the NHL will not bode well moving forward. They are not the problem on this team. And for a fan base arguing to get younger, and we're ok tanking if it means getting younger and having higher draft picks, well we have proven we don't mean it.
We have?
Benning is doing exactly what tank nation says it wants. He's getting rid of vets, trade, waive, demote. He's playing the kids more and more. But tank nation is still upset because he isn't doing it right I guess. This market claims to want a tear down, a rebuild but when we are given that we call him incompetent. We can't stomach the losing but claim we want to lose to draft as high as possible. Just imagine if Benning had done it all at once instead of over two years. We really can't stomach what's happening. We somehow think he should have been able to trade all of our vets for firsts all the while finishing last but still winning a cup.

Common sense dictates that rebuilding takes time. Doesn't matter how you go about it. We still have a few years to go. In the absence of drafting franchise type players back to back to back, even drafting top five back to back to back, takes time.

Ya he should have tanked last year, this year and maybe shoot for a tank next year right?
That's not what he's done at all. He's clung onto vets until they're worth nothing and gunned for the playoffs with a garbage team, all while trading shitloads of draft picks.

What fucking "tear down"? He hasn't torn down shit and when he finally does it will be too late to get any value back. Who the fuck expects him to win a Cup this year? Hyperbole much? Nobody in "tank nation" would complain if there was a clear path to the future. Sell assets to compete oh wait we're rebuilding now lol. What we're watching is a colossal clusterfuck and the entire world sees it plain as day. Linden and Benning are obvious idiots and have set our rebuild back at least two years by denying it was necessary in the first place.

The excuses made on this site are fucking disgusting when they're not hilarious. When we still suck in five years maybe this shit will resonate. Topper doesn't think there's anything unusual about Willie putting Vey and Dorsett out after icings in the playoffs. Sbisa was on the ice for over half our goals against versus Calgary but he's a stalwart. :lol: Ferland made this entire team his bitch and is nobody against the Ducks but Dorsett is an awesome tough guy. :lol: Fucking retard factory.

O really Wids, Gillis should have bigtime retooled a 2011 team which set NHL records and was a game from a Cup? A team that won a President's Trophy the following season with 112 points? Jesus Christ the revisionism, show me one person who said that at the time. :lol: What utter bullshit. I expect better of you HW.

Enjoy getting laughed at by hockey voices east and west until these goobers are sacked. It's hilarious watching the media finally clue in and say all the shit that I've been saying for a year, all while you tards scratch frantically around in your own shit to defend them. Those days are almost done mongos.

Most of your mothers are whores and we'll catch up at the deadline. Tardgaryens. :lol: Fuck you all and you're lucky I even bothered.
Pfffft, lightweight.

You are a loser and a quitter plain and simple (emphasis on the simple part). :(

Your hockey knowledge is nowhere. You and the rest of the Fudge Pack™ just scream Tank for tankings sake. You have no plan and simply attack others for basic hockey talk.
I have way more hockey IQ than you will ever have. Probably because I still play the game on a team and have coached too (and managed, as well, although not a hockey team).

At least GMJM and President Trev tried. Which is more than I can say for some so called fans on here.
Arm chair fickle Canucks fans....

Fucking pathetic man.

Try not to lodge a personal attack at me which is all you ever do in replying to me because you got no substance 8-) (except maybe abuse : O )
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Jovocop wrote: Didn't Kesler get knocked down by Virtanen? I finally know why Ladd hates Kesler so much.
Can't find the video. Jake saw Kes coming and braced himself for the hit. Even though Kes fell down, Jake took the worst of it, was holding his shoulders after. Kes waves him goodbye. Didn't Jake have a shoulder injury b4? Not a good sign for a young physical player with bad shoulders.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Rumsfeld wrote: That's not what he's done at all. He's clung onto vets until they're worth nothing and gunned for the playoffs with a garbage team, all while trading shitloads of draft picks.
Which vets? he's mostly had to deal vets from the gillis era, and he still has to do that with few more remaining in burrows, hamhuis, maybe edler, hansen if the right return comes along, namely the best dman we could get.
Rumsfeld wrote:What fucking "tear down"? He hasn't torn down shit and when he finally does it will be too late to get any value back.
See above.
Rumsfeld wrote:Who the fuck expects him to win a Cup this year? Hyperbole much? Nobody in "tank nation" would complain if there was a clear path to the future.
The only clear path to the future is through drafting and developing, all while having some temporary fill-ins for now, to attempt to appease the season ticket holders who are paying for your pleasure to watch this team for free.
Rumsfeld wrote: Sell assets to compete oh wait we're rebuilding now lol. What we're watching is a colossal clusterfuck and the entire world sees it plain as day. Linden and Benning are obvious idiots and have set our rebuild back at least two years by denying it was necessary in the first place.
EVERY team wants to win, we are in no position to dictate otherwise, as you can tell this city is fickle as fuck, but the one's paying for this team (season ticket holders), they want some value now, not 5 years from now, hence the few picks being traded for younger guys that were further along in development.

Rumsfeld wrote:Topper doesn't think there's anything unusual about Willie putting Vey and Dorsett out after icings in the playoffs. Sbisa was on the ice for over half our goals against versus Calgary but he's a stalwart.
Willie Desjardins is not ready to be an NHL coach I agree with that with Vey and poor line matches/deployment.
Rumsfeld wrote::lol: Ferland made this entire team his bitch and is nobody against the Ducks but Dorsett is an awesome tough guy. :lol: Fucking retard factory.
Ferland made Bieksa his bitch no doubt, why I want someone like Lucic the raging bull on this squad, not only can he fight but he can score goals.

Rumsfeld wrote:Most of your mothers are whores and we'll catch up at the deadline. Tardgaryens. :lol: Fuck you all and you're lucky I even bothered.
lol rummy ya'll fucking awesome bro. bitchassnikka
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Arachnid wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:

It's a tough one Todd. Both Virtanen and McCann were obviously not ready for the NHL and if eligible would have been in Utica all season. Hard to argue though that the one year developing in the NHL will not bode well moving forward. They are not the problem on this team. And for a fan base arguing to get younger, and we're ok tanking if it means getting younger and having higher draft picks, well we have proven we don't mean it.

Benning is doing exactly what tank nation says it wants. He's getting rid of vets, trade, waive, demote. He's playing the kids more and more. But tank nation is still upset because he isn't doing it right I guess. This market claims to want a tear down, a rebuild but when we are given that we call him incompetent. We can't stomach the losing but claim we want to lose to draft as high as possible. Just imagine if Benning had done it all at once instead of over two years. We really can't stomach what's happening. We somehow think he should have been able

That's not what he's done at all. He's clung onto vets until they're worth nothing and gunned for the playoffs with a garbage team, all while trading shitloads of draft picks.

What fucking "tear down"? He hasn't torn down shit and when he finally does it will be too late to get any value back. Who the fuck expects him to win a Cup this year? Hyperbole much? Nobody in "tank nation" would complain if there was a clear path to the future. Sell assets to compete oh wait we're rebuilding now lol. What we're watching is a colossal clusterfuck and the entire world sees it plain as day. Linden and Benning are obvious idiots and have set our rebuild back at least two years by denying it was necessary in the first place.

The excuses made on this site are fucking disgusting when they're not hilarious. When we still suck in five years maybe this shit will resonate. Topper doesn't think there's anything unusual about Willie putting Vey and Dorsett out after icings in the playoffs. Sbisa was on the ice for over half our goals against versus Calgary but he's a stalwart. :lol: Ferland made this entire team his bitch and is nobody against the Ducks but Dorsett is an awesome tough guy. :lol: Fucking retard factory.

O really Wids, Gillis should have bigtime retooled a 2011 team which set NHL records and was a game from a Cup? A team that won a President's Trophy the following season with 112 points? Jesus Christ the revisionism, show me one person who said that at the time. :lol: What utter bullshit. I expect better of you HW.

Enjoy getting laughed at by hockey voices east and west until these goobers are sacked. It's hilarious watching the media finally clue in and say all the shit that I've been saying for a year, all while you tards scratch frantically around in your own shit to defend them. Those days are almost done mongos.

Most of your mothers are whores and we'll catch up at the deadline. Tardgaryens. :lol: Fuck you all and you're lucky I even bothered.
Pfffft, lightweight.

You are a loser and a quitter plain and simple (emphasis on the simple part). :(

Your hockey knowledge is nowhere. You and the rest of the Fudge Pack™ just scream Tank for tankings sake. You have no plan and simply attack others for basic hockey talk.
I have way more hockey IQ than you will ever have. Probably because I still play the game on a team and have coached too (and managed, as well, although not a hockey team).

At least GMJM and President Trev tried. Which is more than I can say for some so called fans on here.
Arm chair fickle Canucks fans....

Fucking pathetic man.

Try not to lodge a personal attack at me which is all you ever do in replying to me because you got no substance 8-) (except maybe abuse : O )
Awesome hockey post as usual dude. Lots of substance there.

You're a manager? :lol: You can't even manage your 1996 facial hair you chickenshit.

And you're still SO choked that I joked about your inability to get laid, aren't you. You took that shit PERSONAL didn't you. Lol. Wonder why.

You know Hockey Widow isn't going to sleep with you either, right you desperate loser?

Bi-polar vegan male cheerleader in his sixties, it must be hard to be you bro. :lol:

Keep my name outcho mouf or get slapped up hard, bitch...
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Dr. Tobias Funke wrote:Exactly, in the summer Benning was calling this a 100 point playoff team. Now it's a rebuild.

Fans didn't want a rebuild out of incompetence, one where the GM is effectively unable to get ANY value out of what used to be assets. Or one where the GM is throwing multi-year contracts at stupid high dollar amounts towards below average players because they watch video and are "culture carriers".

If this team had gotten to a rebuild in the right way - i.e. getting some value for assets, rather than either giving them away ALONG WITH draft picks, or putting assets in situations where they were bound to fail, deteriorating their value substantially - THEN fans would have reason to be satisfied. Vrbata could have been worth a first rounder in the summer, when they had ZERO plans to play him with the Sedins. How could they have not foreseen that he wouldn't have a 30+ goal year like last year? Now he MIGHT be worth a third rounder. Oh what, they kept him around for the playoffs? Wait I thought this is a rebuild so we should be happy? Boggles my mind.

Benning soiling himself over extending players like Spizza, Dorsett, Sutter (who is by far the best of the three) at above-market value and term when the players have zero leverage is just insanity. It's like he hands out contracts based on players achieving whatever hail mary fantasies he has for them in the future. Considering that Sutter is the highest paid forward EVER who has never scored more than 40 points, chances are he that he would have signed the same deal even if he had a career high 50 point season this year. Instead, he has 9 points. Yes, it's due to injury, but you don't think that he could have got locked up for far less now, while he's still a controllable asset?

I can't think of a single instance where Benning/Linden have utilized leverage to their benefit, and that is a tremendous concern to me.
Excellent post! Is there a new Doctor/sheriff in town?
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Arachnid wrote: I have way more hockey IQ than you will ever have. Probably because I still play the game on a team and have coached too (and managed, as well, although not a hockey team).
Is this for real? If so, that is fucking hilarious.

Rocking the Cooperalls in the over-45 Kokanee league = hockey IQ. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Hockey Widow wrote: I'm starting to like Trump. Does that make me bad? Crazy? Both?
Not you, but he is.

But I get it. After a lengthy recession, simplistic answers to complicated problems start to sound good...

You know, back in the 1930's there was a German politician who ran on a similar nationalist/racist populistic agenda. Blamed most of the problems on a neighbour country, called his opponents pathetic losers that were bought by the banks, wanted to rid the country of people from the Middle East, told the Germans that with him they'd be winning all the time...

Let's just say it didn't end well. :mex:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Arachnid wrote: I have way more hockey IQ than you will ever have. Probably because I still play the game on a team and have coached too (and managed, as well, although not a hockey team).
Is this for real? If so, that is fucking hilarious.

Rocking the Cooperalls in the over-45 Kokanee league = hockey IQ. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah, no. Spidey plays ball hockey.

He routinely implements the "step on the ball so the kids can't take it from me" trick.

Works awesome when playing REAL hockey. :hmmm:
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

It's obviously a depressing state of affairs, but I'm with Wids. Maybe we could drop the extremism (and the mud-slinging) and at least wait until there's something new on which to comment. This whole forum, which is usually a good read, has spiralled into a giant pissing contest. UDL is right about everyone needing a visit to the shed. 8-)
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Per wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote: I'm starting to like Trump. Does that make me bad? Crazy? Both?
Not you, but he is.

But I get it. After a lengthy recession, simplistic answers to complicated problems start to sound good...

You know, back in the 1930's there was a German politician who ran on a similar nationalist/racist populistic agenda. Blamed most of the problems on a neighbour country, called his opponents pathetic losers that were bought by the banks, wanted to rid the country of people from the Middle East, told the Germans that with him they'd be winning all the time...

Let's just say it didn't end well. :mex:

Right on Per, anybody from Europe knows too well how a lunatic like Trump works. Total nonsense coming out of his mouth, don't even think about liking a moron like Trump HW.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Jovocop wrote: Didn't Kesler get knocked down by Virtanen? I finally know why Ladd hates Kesler so much.
Here it is: