GDT: Wild at Canucks 02/15/16 7:00pm PST

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: GDT: Wild at Canucks 02/15/16 7:00pm PST

Post by Strangelove »

Rumsfeld wrote:Sbisa and Dumba shouldn't be on the ice at the same time, it's too confusing.
Both Filipino/Italian stalwarts? :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Great rush by Hutton there. Kid's got a future, a real bright spot in a shit season.

Tanev looks like he's getting sick of this shit lol.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Too bad . They were right there . If not for a few posts they win this game . Linden Vey getting the third most amount of toi among the forwards is the way to go . Willie will get this team sorted out . Chin up guys !! The playoffs are two months away and we can bootfuck the Hawks easily . I think they got shafted by the officials tonight as well .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

The team has quit. Pretty sad really. I have seen the future without Edler and it's scary. :mrgreen:

Markstrom with an average night. No push up front. D very average. No energy, no push. Well we did get 2 on the PP so that's something.

Sad that this is the way it ends.
The only HW the Canucks need
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

This team is finally doing something right and at the right time… losing badly.

They're trying but this is just a legitimately bad team right now. This should make it easy for the owner and management to see that they need to go in a definitive direction.

Suck it up and rebuild… as painful as it may be short term. Be sellers. Hopefully this will get some of the vets to waive to a contender.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Hockey Widow wrote:The team has quit. Pretty sad really. I have seen the future without Edler and it's scary. :mrgreen:
I have seen enough of Bartkowski and Weber... They are terrible. Seriously, Bartkowski is just Mason Raymond on defense... :evil: JB should send Bartkowski and Weber packing... Shit, I forgot that no teams wanted to Weber for free.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

I don't want to be a downer... but I'm starting to think they're not going to make the playoffs. :(
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

Team Tank in the hizhouse.... whadup Bitches....
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

I was at the game tonight and it was even worse live. There's way too little push from the back end, aside from the Hutton/Tanev pairing. Hamhuis was very good but has to cover for Sbisa all night, who is a train wreck. Bartkowski is just as bad and Biega needs to play 10-12 mins a night as a 6/7 guy. The D is abysmal over all, the worst I can think of since the Enrico Ciccone days of 97/98.

Markstrom was bad too - you can see what happens when the goalie isn't the best player on the ice. Markstrom and Miller have both been very good lately and made the team look better than it is, sad as that sounds.

I'm assuming Jimbo and Trevor might be getting it through their thick skulls now that this team is broken, and it's time for major surgery. It should start at the deadline if they are smart.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

BurningBeard wrote:I don't want to be a downer... but I'm starting to think they're not going to make the playoffs. :(
lol aw

stealth tank, high pick(s).
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Hank wrote: They're trying but this is just a legitimately bad team right now. This should make it easy for the owner and management to see that they need to go in a definitive direction.

Suck it up and rebuild… as painful as it may be short term. Be sellers. Hopefully this will get some of the vets to waive to a contender.
Something that several around here have been saying for a while. There's no need to get rid of everyone because we're bad enough as it is. The Sedins clearly don't have the support to do anything with this team, the defence is simply abysmal, the coach doesn't have much of a clue and the GM believes he can push for a playoff spot with this roster. We'll tank all on our own, thank you very much.

T-28th in Wins.
T-26th in offence.
26th in goal differential.
24th on the PP.
T-24th in Shots for/game.
27th in shots against/game.
Dead last in faceoffs.

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Wow Linden Vey with the third most ice time?

Ahead of Horvat and others.

I hope WD has kept all his money and invested because he will never be in the NHL again after this seaon.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I feel like Robert Duvall standing tall on a beautiful beach with bombs going off everywhere paying no mind surrounded by the chicken shit unfaithful "Charlie Don't Surf!" Mother fuckers! The wild card race is right there, we can do it!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

RoyalDude wrote:I feel like Robert Duvall standing tall on a beautiful beach with bombs going off everywhere paying no mind surrounded by the chicken shit unfaithful "Charlie Don't Surf!"
"For his hamburger mamma"
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Mr.Miyagi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Mr.Miyagi »

Welp....I'm just going to go ahead and say it. This is my first regular season game at Rogers Arena in a long time...and the Edmonton atmosphere is way better. It's nasty and gross to admit but it's true.
In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things: hockey and karate.