GDT: 23/01/16 Canucks@ Pens 9:30 AM SN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Re: GDT: 23/01/16 Canucks@ Pens 9:30 AM SN

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

theman wrote:Think Hansen can get us a first at the TDD? I would trade him for sure, simple asset management.
Yeah, Hansen has evolved into a very good player. A guy who can pretty much do it all: skate, check, play up and down the lineup and pop in some goals. He's probably one of the best bargain players in the league right now @ $2.5M. I don't mind trading Verby and Hammer for sure @ the TDD, but with Hansen, I think it would take much more serious thought. It really depends what we can get for him. If we can get an earlier first round pick or a very good top young pospect(s), then we gotta seriously consider it. Another factor is if our mgmt thinks we'll be Cup contenders in the next couple years. If yes, then we should probably keep him. If no, then it may be best to move him. He still has 2 years on his contract after this season, so JB is in no rush to move him. We don't have to shop him around, but we should listen to offers and see if anyone offers a shitload for him.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
theman wrote:Think Hansen can get us a first at the TDD? I would trade him for sure, simple asset management.
Yeah, Hansen has evolved into a very good player. A guy who can pretty much do it all: skate, check, play up and down the lineup and pop in some goals. He's probably one of the best bargain players in the league right now @ $2.5M. I don't mind trading Verby and Hammer for sure @ the TDD, but with Hansen, I think it would take much more serious thought. It really depends what we can get for him. If we can get an earlier first round pick or a very good top young pospect(s), then we gotta seriously consider it. Another factor is if our mgmt thinks we'll be Cup contenders in the next couple years. If yes, then we should probably keep him. If no, then it may be best to move him. He still has 2 years on his contract after this season, so JB is in no rush to move him. We don't have to shop him around, but we should listen to offers and see if anyone offers a shitload for him.
Burrows was great value for his contract too when he was making $2 million. Now not so much. Are we seeing the best of Hansen? Do we re-sign him for 5 years 4.5 per? I think with his stats, if he keeps it up, that's what he will command. I love Hansen but if we can get a decent return I'm all for trading him sooner rather than later. He may never be worth what he is right now. But your points are bang on.
The only HW the Canucks need
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
Burrows was great value for his contract too when he was making $2 million. Now not so much. Are we seeing the best of Hansen? Do we re-sign him for 5 years 4.5 per? I think with his stats, if he keeps it up, that's what he will command. I love Hansen but if we can get a decent return I'm all for trading him sooner rather than later. He may never be worth what he is right now. But your points are bang on.
But if we traded him away who would be a mentor and example for the new kids coming up.. He does it all..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
Yeah, Hansen has evolved into a very good player. A guy who can pretty much do it all: skate, check, play up and down the lineup and pop in some goals. He's probably one of the best bargain players in the league right now @ $2.5M.

I don't mind trading Verby and Hammer for sure @ the TDD, but with Hansen, I think it would take much more serious thought.

It really depends what we can get for him. If we can get an earlier first round pick or a very good top young pospect(s), then we gotta seriously consider it.

Another factor is if our mgmt thinks we'll be Cup contenders in the next couple years. If yes, then we should probably keep him.

If no, then it may be best to move him. He still has 2 years on his contract after this season, so JB is in no rush to move him. We don't have to shop him around, but we should listen to offers and see if anyone offers a shitload for him.
IF Hansen's value is at his peak right now (awesome contract, playing uber, speedy hockey with a chip on his shoulder every shift), would you package him up with Shink and target Drouin + Coburn as it seems stevie Y would want to package coburn out as well.

Semi-blockbuster deal.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Hansen = Higgins in his prime. Versatile, but replaceable.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Wouldn't it be nice, just once, to sell high on a player and get maximum value? If Benning has the chance to do that, he should take it. The guy is having a career year.

Hansen will be washed up by the time we're a competitive team again anyway. He's been a great soldier for us but that's pro sports.

I also believe his voice irritates the refs, and almost certainly cost us a Stanley Cup in 2011.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
Do you teach your students how to break their book reports up into paragraphs, Todd? Or is the enter key on the library computer busted.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Rumsfeld wrote:
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Yeah, Hansen has evolved into a very good player a guy who can pretty much do it all: skate, check, play up and down the lineup and pop in some goals he's probably one of the best bargain players in the league right now @ $2.5M I don't mind trading Verby and Hammer for sure @ the TDD, but with Hansen, I think it would take much more serious thought it really depends what we can get for him if we can get an earlier first round pick or a very good top young pospect(s), then we gotta seriously consider it another factor is if our mgmt thinks we'll be Cup contenders in the next couple years if yes, then we should probably keep him if no, then it may be best to move him he still has 2 years on his contract after this season, so JB is in no rush to move him we don't have to shop him around, but we should listen to offers and see if anyone offers a shitload for him.
Do you teach your students how to break their book reports up into paragraphs, Todd? Or is the enter key on the library computer busted.
Edited for your reading pleasure Rummy.

And yes, I'm going to assume that Benning will listen to offers and pull the trigger if anyone offers him a shitload for Hansen. #hasnothappenedyet
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Hansen does have a modified NTC to keep in mind here as well.

Trade Hansen, sign Tanev. :mrgreen:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

I missed this game, how was placeholder Sbisa?? :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Hockey Widow wrote:Hansen does have a modified NTC to keep in mind here as well.

Trade Hansen, sign Tanev. :mrgreen:
I don't get it HW.....
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mëds wrote: I don't get it HW.....
The... other... Tanev.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Strangelove wrote:
Mëds wrote: I don't get it HW.....
The... other... Tanev.
You always seem to understand me Doc :wave:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote:I missed this game, how was placeholder Sbisa?? :mrgreen:
He made a gorgeous pass to set up the Pens first goal and then got walked by Malkin on the tying goal. Somehow he ended up +3 which is fascinating .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Strangelove wrote:I missed this game, how was placeholder Sbisa?? :mrgreen:
He made a gorgeous pass to set up the Pens first goal and then got walked by Malkin on the tying goal. Somehow he ended up +3 which is fascinating .
LOL

Pressured by the pens, 5 on 3, off the draw, Luka, Stalwart, Sbisa, lifts one bckhand that is gloved down at the pint and passed to Malkin who shoots past a slow reacting Miller for a goal. Of corse HF LeDuc Blooby and Co. who rathe Luca, Stalwart, Sbisa attempt to ring it, from within the circle, back around the end boards directly to a waiting Malkin.

Next, Luca, Stalwart, Sbisa caught by his team mates making a sloppy change with all backing off the puck in fear of a too many men call, leaving Luca, Stalwart, Sbisa in no mans land.

Luca, Stalwart, Sbisa is +6 in his 22 games played this season.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.