GDT: 23/01/16 Canucks@ Pens 9:30 AM SN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: 23/01/16 Canucks@ Pens 9:30 AM SN

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Still odd as to why Virtanen puts himself at quite a distant from his two linemates as they battle for the puck down low along the boards with two opposing players between him. Does he not realize that when the puck comes loose those opposing players hanging outside the scrum will gain control of the puck. I don't get it
No shit why doesn't he just fly into the fray with them ? They should all be arms lengths apart right !? Support the puck for fuck sakes .
Lol, you don't think Jake is a little lost in this situation? Sometimes
hes as far away from the board battle as his his own defenceman who are manning the point
Honestly I noticed the same thing in the last two WJC he participated in . I'm curious if he has a bit of a concern to make sure he gets his ass back into his own zone because he has been burned defensively in the past . I get being high in the zone to accept a pass and get a good shot off but he seems to be too far away . I don't think anyone is ever going to refer to him as a crafty player
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Benjo wrote:LOL i think Ive read Topper mention #5's backhand a few times now.
Yeah it's not like he had nothing but room to get rid of it. He had a guy all over him not to mention it was 5 on 3, but hey feel free to say stupid shit, it's entertaining
Sooooooo ..... Why exactly did he make the more difficult play by trying to lob it out on his backhand instead of hammering it out on his forehand . It was a dumb play . Why do you and Toopy constantly defend this scrub of a player ? It's borderline trolling and frankly fucking nauseating .
Kind of like how you never moaned about Buyout Ballards $4.2 million per and how you used to blame AV for ruining Buyout Ballards career. You seemed to not mind the turnover machine that Ballard was. I'm confused by your waffling. BTW where is Ballard now?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Jovocop wrote:
theman wrote:Was thinking the same thing. Dorsett would also be a great addition for them.
Prust and Dorsett for Crosby. :mrgreen:
Pitts would need to add a first IMO.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Higgins to start his first game in Utica today. Let's hope he tears it up in the AHL causing a bidding war TDD.
The only HW the Canucks need
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

theman wrote:
Jovocop wrote:
theman wrote:Was thinking the same thing. Dorsett would also be a great addition for them.
Prust and Dorsett for Crosby. :mrgreen:
Pitts would need to add a first IMO.
Then the Canucks should throw in the "glue" to sweeten the pot.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Love watching the kids play. No limits, lotsa speed, talented....Bo even has a taste of Playoff experience and wants more...oh wait the Fudge Pack™ cOiler fans on here have Zero post season experience in how many years?!

:lol:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Yeah it's not like he had nothing but room to get rid of it. He had a guy all over him not to mention it was 5 on 3, but hey feel free to say stupid shit, it's entertaining
Sooooooo ..... Why exactly did he make the more difficult play by trying to lob it out on his backhand instead of hammering it out on his forehand . It was a dumb play . Why do you and Toopy constantly defend this scrub of a player ? It's borderline trolling and frankly fucking nauseating .

Ya when you watch the replay you see he had it on the forehand with time to ring it opposite way around the boards but for some reason put it on his back hand and.....well Malkin scores.
So if he rings it around there is no chance the point man intercepts it? Like that never happens. Either way it was 5 on 3 against Malkin/Crosby and company, those two have made fools out of a lot of people especially 5 on 3 but hey Sbisa deserves the ribbing, he's the only D man that has failed a clearing killing a 5 on 3
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Can they hold a lead going into the third?

Good thing we got to MAC before he had a chance to get ready for his unexpected start.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Kind of like how you never moaned about Buyout Ballards $4.2 million per and how you used to blame AV for ruining Buyout Ballards career. You seemed to not mind the turnover machine that Ballard was. I'm confused by your waffling. BTW where is Ballard now?
I bitched about Ballards handling in 2010-11 and then I moved on .i remember saying he should be traded that summer in order to keep Ehrhoff . On his worst day Ballard was a better player than Aaron Vigneault . Sbisa is a year and half here . He isn't getting any better . As a number six guy at a million bucks he's fine. But he's being paid as a top 4 d . It's asinine .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Hockey Widow wrote:Can they hold a lead going into the third?

Good thing we got to MAC before he had a chance to get ready for his unexpected start.
And the snow... :mrgreen:
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

RoyalDude wrote:
Benjo wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Weird I thought most NHL players could shovel a puck out.
And Sbisa is the only D man in the NHL on a 5-3 PK with pressure on him to fail at clearing a puck out? Let's do the math, there are two less players on the ice to help support Sbisa, lessening his options by 40% which may explain the open ice for the Pittsburgh players 5 man unit to get one of their extra two players on top of Sbisa as he attempts to clear puck, but hey carry on with your great analysis of the play
Great point, it was a great play and I'm just betting coaches around the league hope their D start lobbing waffles up the middle of the ice.

I was merely pointing out that Topper has called out Sbisa's abilities with the puck on his backhand a few times now. He would have had better luck hammering it up the glass the other way. At least the PK could have set up even ic their d blocked it.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

And there's the first PP of the 3rd.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Now that was a penalty.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Sure it was legit....but FM... :crazy:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Horvat is snake bitten this morning. 2 good chances but stopped both times.