GDT 05/12/15 Bruins @ Canucks 7:00pm CBC, SN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: GDT 05/12/15 Bruins @ Canucks 7:00pm CBC, SN

Post by rats19 »

Hank wrote:Vryvrybadda.
Vurstbadda
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The hilariousness - one win or two we leap frog way up in the standings into a playoff spot. Hard to believe with how bad we are playing that we are still in the thick of it
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Zero sustained offensive zone time outside the Sedin line. Our Bottom 9 forwards are dreadful
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

We are now the worst team in the league
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Looks good on Marchand , just wish Daniel had done it
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

:lol: Prust, you saved the game.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

okcanuck wrote:Looks good on Marchand , just wish Daniel had done it
what did he do?
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Reefer2 wrote:
what did he do?

Nailed him in the gonads
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Reefer2 wrote:
what did he do?
Speared him in the pills.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Boy they really performed well against a tired Bruins team.... :mad:
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

RoyalDude wrote:Lack was actually shite bad at tracking long shots.
Lack had a strong glove though, he would have snagged those out of the air. :P

Lancer wrote:Tank...

Just tank already.

This team isn't showing they have it within them to compete, so why should management expose the kids to this cancerous environment. Get this season over with and let's head to the draft.
I agree. Everyone just sucks right now. Goalies suck, defence sucks, forwards suck. Did I say our team sucks? :lol: Our guys look like they have packed it in already, season is over.
BurningBeard wrote::lol: Prust, you saved the game.
That was pretty much the only thing Canuck fans could cheer about in that game. Just wish we had Prusty in 2011. :lol:
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

okcanuck wrote:I don't even care if we lose as long as we cream that little puke Marchand
re-sign Prust for that awesomeness.

I'm ready to trade vrbata, hamhuis, miller and one of burrows/higgins, gotta keep some vets around.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Game was a dog's breakfast.....the kind you find on the floor when you get home from work that evening.

Markstrom, definitely not great. First goal you can't blame him for at all. Vrbata bungled that badly at the line and then Edler forgot about Marchand. The shot went right beside the corner of his shoulder, that's a really tough save to make unless you are staying up late (and very few goalies are in that situation). The second goal went to the same side through some traffic. Higgins playing way too deep meant that Markstrom didn't see that puck until it was 15 out. The third goal was abysmal, he looked like Luongo in Boston on that one. Fourth goal was a bounce in a scramble and terrible defense by the 5 skaters. Gotta give the kid a pass on this one as he got no help.

I'm kinda done with Dorsett. For what he brings he kills offensive zone pressure faster than Higgins under pressure, so it's either WD playing him at the wrong time, or he just need to move. The fighter era is over, and while Dorsett can skate, he can't pass, shoot, or handle the puck. Prust isn't much better, but he's a bit bigger and smarter, and dirtier. Frankly I don't care for either of them, but whatever. That whole 4th line tonight looked terrible out there the number of times they couldn't handle the simplest loose puck or pass.

I loved the intermission stuff about Edler's gap control. Brilliant. Very obvious and I actually missed it, now I see it everywhere looking back at that game and plenty of others. Even though Markstom shit the bed on that, Edler's read was atrocious there. He's chasing the puck too much lately as well.

Weber can straight up go back to Utica. SO MANY turnovers and disrupted passes that he should never have tried, and too often standing at the side of the net doing nothing when Boston was pressuring down low.

Hamhuis is definitely looking the part of a struggling player on a struggling team.

Higgins and Vrbata are our worst forwards. Neither of them attack the net without the puck, neither of them play a physical game, and Vancouver pressure dies with them way too often.

The kids weren't great tonight. However, the problem with this team is on a few of the veterans who are the guys we should be leaning on for secondary scoring, the kids are under too much pressure to produce right now, and they aren't ready for it yet. Sutter coming back will help.

I didn't expect a win tonight, I wasn't disappointed. The faster they fail the sooner ownership and management have to rip the band-aid off quickly.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I have long said the Brad Marchand can play on my team any day. That was reinforced last night. I love the way the guy plays the game. He is what I had hoped Burrows and Kesler would have become from their "Say hi to Kelly" days. A solid shit disturber who takes teams off their games with his skating, shot, yappy mouth and after whistle chipping. He completely butt fucked the Canucks.

As for Your Vancouver Canucks ..... what a bunch of pussies.

The forecheck was was between the bottom of the circle and the goal line as Boston defenders were gathering the puck behind the net. Fifteen feet behind the play does absolutely no good.

I had a couple of paragraphs ready on defensive gap play before Oates and Co. scoop me so I'll pass on it. But man o man are they soft.

Lack/Markstrom LOL
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

RoyalDude wrote:
okcanuck wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:I don't get why fans hold grudges against old nemesis when a majority of the Briuins roster is completely different from when we were rivals in 2011. It was so long ago, who the fuck cares

I fucking care. Marchand is an asshole!!!! It would make my whole year if Prust would kick the shit out of that little puke!!!!
You got issues bra
i got the same one