GDT 7/11/15 Vanc in Buffalo 10am SPAC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: GDT 7/11/15 Vanc in Buffalo 10am SPAC

Post by okcanuck »

^^. Exactly, I'm getting really tired of watching pussy hockey from the Sedins
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

He also bailed out to avoid contact half a dozen times today. I can't stand him anymore, he's such a victim.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Ennis didn't do anything all world on that rush that was 100% garbage back checking by Daniel.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Benjo wrote:Ennis didn't do anything all world on that rush that was 100% garbage back checking by Daniel.
So chickenshit.. Blob .. tell me again how good the Sedins are defensively ?? :(

Sucks bigtime !
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Benjo wrote:Ennis didn't do anything all world on that rush that was 100% garbage back checking by Daniel.
and more garbage by Hutton, not finding anyone to check while providing a wonderful screen of Miller. The second goat horns he wore in the game.

Why was Eichel given so much space all game? I only saw Horvat ever get close to checking him.

Hamhuis with a terrific job not clearing the crease.

Miller looks very tired.

Willie not shortening the bench. Jake is looking so much more relaxed now that the Jr eggshells have been removed from under his skates.

Who wanted that ex-leaf pylon Fransen? Oh yeah, the good Doctor.
Last edited by Topper on Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Tiger wrote:
So chickenshit.. Blob .. tell me again how good the Sedins are defensively ?? :(

Sucks bigtime !
Ah, take off with that shit! Your constant bullshit is what sucks big time.

Possession players turn pucks over at a greater frequency. That's true for all of them.

This had nothing to do with them being bad defensively. They were never bad and they're not bad now. They are aging and their entire game is slipping. That happens to all of them.

Many of the veterans were making bad decisions in this game. Hey, this shit happens.

So quit with your annoying nonsense already. Come back when the twins are gone.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Topper wrote:
and more garbage by Hutton, not finding anyone to check while providing a wonderful screen of Miller. The second goat horns he wore in the game.

Why was Eichel given so much space all game? I only saw Horvat ever get close to checking him.

Hamhuis with a terrific job not clearing the crease.

Miller looks very tired.

Willie not shortening the bench. Jake is looking so much more relaxed now that the Jr eggshells have been removed from under his skates.

Who wanted that ex-leaf pylon Fransen? Oh yeah, the good Doctor.
Hutton played well offensively but like a lot of offensively gifted forwards/dmen - the defense game is wack, Miller pissed off about that I'd say..
@benkuzma

Ryan Miller on winning goal: "A D-man can't be in the slot, get contested by your D-man in the last minute. It’s a pretty critical error."
Hutton showing his rookieness is all, he'll have fun going through video replays with coaches all day.

Team conquered the 1st, died in the 2nd, 3rd period picked it up but too little too late.

Management watching Vrbata/Hamhuis closely this season and I'd say Hamhuis is the one that should get re-signed mid-season, lord knows this defense can't afford to lose a vet.

Whereas Vrbata is the flashier player to get a nice return.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Hank said:
Possession players turn pucks over at a greater frequency. That's true for all of them.
Yep your right.. Did you bother to hear Daniels comments after the game.. He admitted his mistakes..

If he had even tried to physically backcheck I wouldn't be bitching about his play..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Tiger wrote:Hank said:
Yep your right.. Did you bother to hear Daniels comments after the game.. He admitted his mistakes..

If he had even tried to physically backcheck I wouldn't be bitching about his play..
What does his comments have to do with any of your same old useless posts?

Mistakes happen a hundred and fifty times a game. A leader stands up and takes responsibility. Hey let's watch some Kesler or early Luongo interviews.

Yeah it was a bad play. Bad plays happen. All you do is bitch about the same nonsense.

They do more good than bad. Show up then.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

So Miller's post game criticism of his team, more specifically either Dank or Hutton, depending upon who is interpreting his comments, has raised a controversy. Some same he was calling out Dank, some say a young Ben Hutton, most say he was out of line and showed little leadership. This is vintage Miller, reminds me of his last two years in Buffalo.

Talking heads on HNIC have seen fit to make it an issue and go as far as saying it is a sign of a dysfunctional dressing room. Is too much being made of his comments or should Benning trade his ass now before this gets out of hand? :mrgreen:
The only HW the Canucks need
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

I think it's refreshing Miller calling out Daniel. He deserves it. His intercepted pass in Buffalo's end cost us at least a point. That was a play even our rookies wouldn't make.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Skill players turn it over in the o-zone all of time. Most will backcheck hard and hound the puck hard because they know they blew it. I have a problem with Daniel so casually backchecking and letting Ennis cross back and forth across him through the neutral zone with no effort being made to check or even disrupt him. Yes Hutton blew when the puck made it to the d zone but I'd like a vet to set a better example.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Makes me think of this:

okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Benjo wrote:Skill players turn it over in the o-zone all of time. Most will backcheck hard and hound the puck hard because they know they blew it. I have a problem with Daniel so casually backchecking and letting Ennis cross back and forth across him through the neutral zone with no effort being made to check or even disrupt him. Yes Hutton blew when the puck made it to the d zone but I'd like a vet to set a better example.

It's very rare for a veteran like Daniel with less than a minute left in a tie game to pass from the boards at the opposition blue line along the blue line towards the centre. The only play there was shooting it along the boards. Junior players rarely make that mistake let alone a 13 year vet.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

SKYO wrote: Management watching Vrbata/Hamhuis closely this season and I'd say Hamhuis is the one that should get re-signed mid-season, lord knows this defense can't afford to lose a vet.

Whereas Vrbata is the flashier player to get a nice return.
I'd move them both. Hamhius is skating like an old man this year and Verbata has lost his something...not sure exactly what but it must've been important because he sucks.
If you need air...call it in