GDT:R1G5-Calgary at Vancouver, 7pm, CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT:R1G5-Calgary at Vancouver, 7pm, CBC

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Reefer2 wrote:2 days later how does everyone feel now?

I really thought they would win the last game so I even bought a new retro 1982 jersey just for the game. When the score was 3 - 0 I said see it all about the jersey.

then all hell broke loose.

So did I make them lose the game.
Dude I've heard more laughing at our expense by gap toothed inbreds than I ever could have imagined. I don't even fight it anymore...
This team sucks and until they realize some balls are required it'll be more of this in our future.

Horvat was the only thing that has me interested in next yea . Fuck is that ever lame
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Dude I've heard more laughing at our expense by gap toothed inbreds than I ever could have imagined. I don't even fight it anymore... This team sucks and until they realize some balls are required it'll be more of this in our future.
Those motherfuckers (and I mean that literally) will be feeling just like you in another 10 days.

Ferkland is gonna be some duck's bitch!

You are right about Canucks needing more ASSHOLES.

A great man once started a rather lengthy thread about that once upon a time...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

It's going to take a few years to overhaul this team and bring in the type of hard nosed , hard charging players that they need . This team is fucking spineless and there are very few if any assholes in the system . This could be 1985-1988 bad . Albert ! Albert ! Albert !
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Overtime
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Overtime »

Topper wrote:
Mr.Miyagi wrote:I don't write GDT's so I thought I would post this here.

We've all had a couple of days now to think about where we feel this team is at and after some deliberation my personal point of view hasn't really changed. We still have a very good hockey team. Do we struggle at times ... typically in the post-season? Yes we do. Do we have a rookie head coach, that is just starting to learn his way through the NHL post-season? Yes we do. Do we, as a fanbase typically run for cover of the falling sky when things don't go this team's way? Yes we do. Combine these three things and what do you get? Chaos. Blow the team up. Blame everyone. Trade everyone. Tank. Chaos.

First off ... shame on anyone who says we should have tanked for a lower draft pick. That's all I want to say about that.

We are down 3 games to 1. Yeah, it seems insurmountable to some ... I understand. Personally, I have never felt better about our chances then I do right now. Call it what you want but from the night I watched the Flames beat LA out of the playoff race during the regular season, I had a feeling that we were in trouble. For the most part I kept it to myself, probably out of denial. I had even gone so far as to predict the Canucks to sweep the Flames , once again out of denial. This isn't me saying I told you so, or I was right so don't take it that way. This is me saying that I still believe, and that I think it's good our team and fans now respect the Flames' ability and realize what it will take to beat them. God knows I didn't want to acknowledge it. I do now.

There are lots of questions to be answered. Will we answer back loudly or will we slip quietly into the night? I believe that we will indeed win game 5. I believe we can come back and win the series, too. Do you?

Miller must be damn near perfect. Under no circumstances can we keep on taking stupid penalties. Our second line must produce. Baertschi may help with that. Our defence must remain calm and sharp with the Flames' relentless forecheck looming. Easier said than done but we need forwards coming back hard so our D can get the puck out quickly and not get pinned in their own end. We accomplish this and we have a fighting chance.

Don't give up hope, people. We take this one game ... hell ... one period at a time. A little momentum swing after a dominant game, period or even one shift can go a long way in what everyone predicted would be a long series. We aren't out of this and to hell with anyone who says we are. Winners don't talk or think like that. Winners BELIEVE.

Go Canucks Go.
[/quote Thank you, Nice post.
Overtime
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Overtime »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:It's going to take a few years to overhaul this team and bring in the type of hard nosed , hard charging players that they need . This team is fucking spineless and there are very few if any assholes in the system . This could be 1985-1988 bad . Albert ! Albert ! Albert !
Our team played with lots of injuries. You are a nasty, ill tempered asshole. Fuck you! You male [mod edit]
Overtime
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Overtime »

Strangelove wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote: Dude I've heard more laughing at our expense by gap toothed inbreds than I ever could have imagined. I don't even fight it anymore... This team sucks and until they realize some balls are required it'll be more of this in our future.
Those motherfuckers (and I mean that literally) will be feeling just like you in another 10 days.

Ferkland is gonna be some duck's bitch!

You are right about Canucks needing more ASSHOLES.

A great man once started a rather lengthy thread about that once upon a time...
Strangelove has a peculiar sort of attitude that is always rather engaging. I cannot insult him. His emotions are tangled. He is a Canuck lifer. Same as I. Hang in there bud! The Boston Red Sox won a championship; so can we!!!
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Overtime wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:It's going to take a few years to overhaul this team and bring in the type of hard nosed , hard charging players that they need . This team is fucking spineless and there are very few if any assholes in the system . This could be 1985-1988 bad . Albert ! Albert ! Albert !
Our team played with lots of injuries. You are a nasty, ill tempered asshole. Fuck you! You male [mod edit]
LOL too bad Blob cant lace on the skates and play ... nasty,ill tempered assholes is just what this team needs . Lots of injuries ?? BS.. 1 regular out and 1 4th liner playing hurt. This is the most chickenshit Canucks squad I have ever seen.. Worse luck with the contracts on the books its going to take years to change ..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Tiger wrote:
Overtime wrote:
LOL too bad Blob cant lace on the skates and play ... nasty,ill tempered assholes is just what this team needs . Lots of injuries ?? BS.. 1 regular out and 1 4th liner playing hurt. This is the most chickenshit Canucks squad I have ever seen.. Worse luck with the contracts on the books its going to take years to change ..
Yeah, excuses are for idiots. This team plain sucked.
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Dorsett is completely out of gas
Obviously you aren't . Take another huff off that rag
:lol:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Sigh ....DD already looks out of gas . Could be a boat anchor next year let alone three years from now .