GDT:R1G5-Calgary at Vancouver, 7pm, CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

GDT:R1G5-Calgary at Vancouver, 7pm, CBC

Post by Topper »

Mr.Miyagi wrote:I don't write GDT's so I thought I would post this here.

We've all had a couple of days now to think about where we feel this team is at and after some deliberation my personal point of view hasn't really changed. We still have a very good hockey team. Do we struggle at times ... typically in the post-season? Yes we do. Do we have a rookie head coach, that is just starting to learn his way through the NHL post-season? Yes we do. Do we, as a fanbase typically run for cover of the falling sky when things don't go this team's way? Yes we do. Combine these three things and what do you get? Chaos. Blow the team up. Blame everyone. Trade everyone. Tank. Chaos.

First off ... shame on anyone who says we should have tanked for a lower draft pick. That's all I want to say about that.

We are down 3 games to 1. Yeah, it seems insurmountable to some ... I understand. Personally, I have never felt better about our chances then I do right now. Call it what you want but from the night I watched the Flames beat LA out of the playoff race during the regular season, I had a feeling that we were in trouble. For the most part I kept it to myself, probably out of denial. I had even gone so far as to predict the Canucks to sweep the Flames , once again out of denial. This isn't me saying I told you so, or I was right so don't take it that way. This is me saying that I still believe, and that I think it's good our team and fans now respect the Flames' ability and realize what it will take to beat them. God knows I didn't want to acknowledge it. I do now.

There are lots of questions to be answered. Will we answer back loudly or will we slip quietly into the night? I believe that we will indeed win game 5. I believe we can come back and win the series, too. Do you?

Miller must be damn near perfect. Under no circumstances can we keep on taking stupid penalties. Our second line must produce. Baertschi may help with that. Our defence must remain calm and sharp with the Flames' relentless forecheck looming. Easier said than done but we need forwards coming back hard so our D can get the puck out quickly and not get pinned in their own end. We accomplish this and we have a fighting chance.

Don't give up hope, people. We take this one game ... hell ... one period at a time. A little momentum swing after a dominant game, period or even one shift can go a long way in what everyone predicted would be a long series. We aren't out of this and to hell with anyone who says we are. Winners don't talk or think like that. Winners BELIEVE.

Go Canucks Go.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Per
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT:R1G5-Calgary at Vancouver, 7pm, CBC

Post by Per »

It's do or die this time.
Henrik with a hat trick.
Horvat with the GWG.
Kenins with a huge open ice hit.
Miller time.

Let's do this!

Go, Canucks, go! 8-)
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Mr.Miyagi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Mr.Miyagi »

Thanks Topps. We can do this.
In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things: hockey and karate.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

My Mom predicts we will lose!

Go Canucks Go! :mrgreen:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

It may be blind faith at this point, but I have to believe they'll put up a fight tonight and keep the Flames from clinching in Vancouver.

I think they eke this one out in a nailbiter

We're due for OT. Sven with the winner. Then back to Calgary!
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Topper/Mr Miyagi said :
Miller must be damn near perfect. Under no circumstances can we keep on taking stupid penalties. Our second line must produce. Baertschi may help with that. Our defence must remain calm and sharp with the Flames' relentless forecheck looming. Easier said than done but we need forwards coming back hard so our D can get the puck out quickly and not get pinned in their own end. We accomplish this and we have a fighting chance.
Yep and WD doing a little line matching .. Maybe bringing Biega up to play D and do some serious hitting ?
Enough.. we win this one !!
Gooooo Canucks...
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Tonight we think...shit, we can be good...maybe......maybe we can....

4-2 nucks
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

There's no good reason not to believe, so....

GO CANUCKS GO!

Miller is rested and ready to go on a tear.
Bo needs a little more ice time to show others how it's done.
Sven should be in and PUMPED.
Sedins are due for a couple.

4-2 nucks
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Sedin switch gets thrown!

Miller time

Double OT

Bart or Bo w/GWG
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Canucks win tonight, I'll believe again. :D

Canucks lose, planning for the draft asap, see who will be let go via UFA, whom to trade to get more draft picks while cutting loose some vets/core.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by griz »

It's game 2 all over again. Only this time Calgary won't score at all on Miller who will haunt them going forward.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Mr.Miyagi wrote:Thanks Topps. We can do this.
You do now....lol
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Let's save the OT win for Calgary.

Gotta put some doubt back in these kids.

Blowout win, hurt some people, have some fucking dignity.

Go Canucks go.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

8-0 Canucks.

Miller with a 12 save you-know-what.

Hiller pulled after 2 goals on 2 shots, then back in the 3rd for another pair after Ramo gives up 4 in the second.

Ferlund misses a charge at Bieksa and goes A over T into the bench and breaks his collar bone.

Edler's balls finally drop in the 3rd period and he throws a big hit.....Gaudreau leaves on a stretcher. Edler gets 5 and a game. The NHL reviews and overturns it deeming it a clean hit. The mongoloid farm implodes.

With 30 seconds to go Vey goes knee-on-knee with Hudler while heading for a line change. Both leave the game and don't return for the series.

Mass suicides are reported in Calgary and an add goes up at the farm looking for more mongoloids to carry on the conversations.

Blob tosses back a case and spends the next 2 days being entertained reading CalPuke.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Will be in the stands tonight once again!

Canucks are undefeated this season with AP18 in attendance. Bruins, Blues, Game 2, they should really send me to game 6 Saturday!!

Finally a true must win. They'll pull this one out, no question.