GDT:R1G4 Canucks @ Flames

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: GDT:R1G4 Canucks @ Flames

Post by Strangelove »

Overtime wrote:
Arachnid wrote: Showtime! Breaking out the big guns tonight http://beaus.ca/beer/dunkel-buck/
(better than the real cow piss OTard drinks :thumbs: )

Gonna be a beaut! My Mom predicts victory!

Well your Mommy was wrong. I had no idea that they allowed internet access in "Juvy". Keep behaving yourself; they may then let you out soon.
Agreed, but be careful OT, Arachnid is really really really ridiculously "close" to his mommy. :wow:

SHE is the reason he became a male cheerleader!

It's sad, but... they'll probably release him back into her custody. :(
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote:
Jovocop wrote:This team should get rid of some nice guys and bring in some assholes.
what strangelove's been saying for I don't know how long now.
Yup.

For a few years there folks were even buying what the NHL was selling Re: Kinder Gentler Playoffs.

The Great Strangelove resisted the mindless hordes in regards to dat dere.

The Great Strangelove steadfastly maintained: "Not gunna happen".

It's cool to see the Great Strangelove receive credit where credit is due.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Per wrote:Nucks in seven.
Agreed.
____
Try to focus on someday.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Strangelove wrote:
Agreed.
I'm just happy they got past game two. Way better then I expected.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Overtime
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Overtime »

Arachnid wrote:Showtime! Breaking out the big guns tonight http://beaus.ca/beer/dunkel-buck/
(better than the real cow piss OTard drinks :thumbs: )

Gonna be a beaut! My Mom predicts victory!
Arachnididiots beverage of choice; Chateaux Guay.
Shazzam
AHL Prospect

Post by Shazzam »

So much bitterness over Luongo then Schneider but it is exciting watching the young guns perform in the playoffs.

The Sedins have looked good but don't have complimentary players to pinch in and drive the net etc...

I'm not counting us out, but ultimately this is a stepping stone for the new generation so that in a few years, when the core is turfed, we can shine.
Overtime
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Overtime »

Arachnid wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:All right, I'm done whining. Man up time, and replace one whine with another wine.
Wine is for women...or the pussy whipped...I am beer only, drug free since 1999....the manning up is accepting your team for what is....shyte!
I recommend..Chateaux GUAY! Arachnidolt,
Overtime
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Overtime »

dangler wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:What are those sleep induced pods you see in Sci Fis where you can sleep for years and then wake up once destination is reached? Wake me up 5 years from now when we start seeing some fruition of the rebuild that we are about to embark while the Oilers and Flames bitch slap us for awhile and the Sedins go geriatric

How long did/have those franchise's sucked before they become playoff teams again?

The Canucks rebuild on the fly still produced a playoff team in a much shorter period.

The next gen Canucks could overachieve, just like the flames are doing now.

Top 6 isn't looking too promising at the moment(postseason),hopefully Benning&co can change that.

Bieksa...there,i said it
Exactly. I thought the Flames were done for many a few few; years! Good post Dangler.
Overtime
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Overtime »

Believe.

Bo knows.
Like!
Overtime
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Overtime »

Lloyd Braun wrote:I'm not usually one to make knee-jerk reactions. As most of you know, if I have a weakness, it's usually in giving the benefit of the doubt to people who don't deserve it (*cough* Torts *cough*), but in this case my knee is ready to jerk. The way that Willy has managed his bench this series makes me question if we can rely on him going forward.

There are some moves which I can disagree with but see the value in. Putting in a reliable player, who we know will give effort and not hurt the team with mistakes, like McMillon, over a player that could potentially win us a game, like Baertschi, is a decision I strongly disagree with, but I see the logic. I know I won't agree with all the choices management makes, but I can accept that if they can, overall, keep a good track record of minimising the mistakes and maximising the good. You do that by ensuring you can justify the non-obvious choices... the deviations from what most fans and media (and probably players too) expect.

How can you justify completely refusing to practice any sort of line matching on home ice in the playoffs? I'm cool with choosing not to force a line in when tired, but to cast aside this advantage so easily?? To be so predictable and stubborn with your rolling of lines that the away coach can dictate the matchup game??? How can any of that be justified?

The most egregious example of unjustifyable stubbornness in game 4 was so obvious that even the CBC guys commented on it. I get why you'd play the Sedins a bit less in order to preserve their energy for when they do get on the ice. They've been dominant everywhere but the scoreboard this series, and it stands to reason that they're better able to maximise every minute they get because they're never out there while out of breath. But why, exiting a TV timeout in the first period, would Willy start with Vey & McMillon? Even if you figure the twins aren't ready for the first shift after that minute-long break, you don't throw what's obviously your worst line out there. You've just been handed two short shifts worth of rest for everybody.

Maybe I'm just frustrated with losing, but I can tolerate bad decisions much better if I at least have a good guess about why they were made.

BTW, I still have a small amount of optimism left about our chances. I still think we should, on paper, have a much better team than the Flames minus Giordano. I think we have a much better than average chance of coming back in this one, if we can find a way to dictate the pace of the series. However, any time a team is down 3-1, even a better than average chance is slim at best.
Good post. I cannot disagree. I wish I had any answer for that. I hope things will change in game six.
Overtime
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Overtime »

Cornuck wrote:
Mëds wrote:Horvat has been right there with them. He is leading the team in points, winning 57% of his faceoffs. And he is 3rd last in TOI/G among the forwards. He never takes a shift off. He rushes the puck, goes to the net, and battles along the wall.
And THIS has been the one bright spot and the much needed hopeful glimpse into the future.[/quote He plays like he wants to win and does not seem to care about fuck all else. That is the right attitude to have. :)
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Shazzam wrote:
The Sedins have looked good but don't have complimentary players to pinch in and drive the net etc...
NHL level complimentary players are hard to come by. I've heard of some, Selänne springs to mind, that have taken a pay cut to play on a team of their choice, but I have never heard of anyone who has played for free.
(Or, mind you, Forsberg actually did forfeit his pay from Modo during the last lockout season, but that was in the SHL, for the team that raised him and taught him how to play.)

Anyway, I think it would be a more worthwhile execise to try to find the Sedins some complementary players.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.