GDT: April 4/15, Canucks@Jets. 12:00pm, SN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: April 4/15, Canucks@Jets. 12:00pm, SN

Post by SKYO »

guess this team doesn't want the playoffs, Benning knows what vets to get rid of..

UFA's

and the usual suspects.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Higgins gone bro.
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Not worried about the playoffs - Arizona and Edmonton to end the season will definitely help. I'm a little worried about Eddie though, he's been crap the last couple of games and when he's not great this team slumps.

Lots of sloppy plays this game, it seems every time Sbisa and Bieksa are on the ice its a fire drill, and Vey's line has been bad. Horvat's line is feast or famine - either a couple of good chances on offence or a couple the other way.

The team looks tired and I can't blame them, this is 11 games in 18 days and it looks like it.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Ya I'd be trading Higgins and the way Matthias is finishing the season I wouldn't be in a hurry to get him locked up.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

OMG, do they have it in them to get it tied?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I think we've been losing because that fruitcake fucker in the subway ads.

A spoonful of love? Fuck off
If you need air...call it in
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Matthias, Richardson, Higgins gone...

re-sign Dorsett

in comes rookies, Lesetsu (SP) BlueJackets.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Can honestly say they didn't deserve a point. But when you score four you should win. Higgins close to tying it but too little to late.

Canucks just made things tough for themselves.

All in all .500 on the road trip but could have been so much better.

This just sucks.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Shit... Sven back to the AHL..
lets hope Miller is ready for the final games..
Lack was lacking..
Hansen Horvath need a vet on wing not a rookie.
Ho/Ha/Hi line ? ( Higgins )
Kassian with Bonino and Vibrator ?
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Diehard1 wrote:Not worried about the playoffs - Arizona and Edmonton to end the season will definitely help. I'm a little worried about Eddie though, he's been crap the last couple of games and when he's not great this team slumps.

Lots of sloppy plays this game, it seems every time Sbisa and Bieksa are on the ice its a fire drill, and Vey's line has been bad. Horvat's line is feast or famine - either a couple of good chances on offence or a couple the other way.

The team looks tired and I can't blame them, this is 11 games in 18 days and it looks like it.
The Canucks have ALWAYS found ways to lose to the Edmonton's and Arizona's of the league.....especially on Thursday nights.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Mondi wrote:Eddie is killing us today, he looks like Luongo out there swimming around and losing his net.

Also Sven didn't look ready to play at all. Tough situation to put the guy in, but he's gotta be ready to go.

Also the Canuck should run Lee Stempniak. He's been scoring on us for years, with impunity.
Baertshi actually didn't look too bad considering he got one practice in with the team after a day of no sleep, and then into the fire against a Jets team that would almost certainly be in 2nd place and locked into the playoffs if they were in our division. New linemates, new team, on the road.....a very tough situation for the kid.

He had a good first period. That penalty in the offensive zone in the 2nd was bad, after that he didn't get as much time.....or at least I didn't notice him.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

If in the beginning of the season anyone thought the Canucks could get 96 points and into the playoffs they would be happy. The canucks are not SC contenders but the experience a player like Horvat is getting is needed.

More changes are needed in the off season, a couple vets gone and 2 propsects given a real chance is what I'm hoping for.

Really would like to see a new #1 PP
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Reefer2 wrote:If in the beginning of the season anyone thought the Canucks could get 96 points and into the playoffs they would be happy. The canucks are not SC contenders but the experience a player like Horvat is getting is needed.

More changes are needed in the off season, a couple vets gone and 2 propsects given a real chance is what I'm hoping for.

Higgins' gone, basically who doesn't perform these last few game/hopefullplayoffs are gone.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Reefer2 wrote:If in the beginning of the season anyone thought the Canucks could get 96 points and into the playoffs they would be happy. The canucks are not SC contenders but the experience a player like Horvat is getting is needed.

Well there were a number of us that argued they are indeed a playoff team, but not a contender. Not everyone saw it as doom and gloom. We are good enough to make the playoffs but the only hope we have of getting out of round one is if we play the Flames and even that will be tough. If we draw LA we will be done. After the first round, the only hope we would have is there are first round upsets.

But ya, I really hope we turn over a few players.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Tired team is tired.
____
Try to focus on someday.