GDT: Canucks @ Blues, 5:00 March 30, Sportsnet

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Blues, 5:00 March 30, Sportsnet

Post by Topper »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Gillis isn't my boi. I just didn't hate on the guy for no reason like some people . He did a decent job here , don't quite get the hate .
Agreed, he may not have been the most personable guy with his vague corporate speak but the team's record under his tenure speaks volumes.

Replaced by everyone's favourite boy scout and a lunch bucket worker.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Per wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:[

Loses = 0

Wins = 8

OT wins =2
Right, that's ten. And the remaining two?

Edit: OK, I see that Z now says it's the last ten. Then it makes sense.
Yes, I had a brain fart there, if we went 8-0-2 vs Blues it doesn't mean that the Blues went 2-8-0, as there could have been a couple of OTL for them in our 8 wins.

But I guess now you can make it 9-0-2 in the last 11 games played. :mrgreen:

Still makes good matchup for us if we can get them in round 2 or 3. :twisted:
....Which is not so unlikely at this point.

Blues are 4 points up on the Wild, and 1 up on the Hawks, all with 76 games.
If the Wild can make up 2 or 3 points in the next 5 games compared to the Blues, then they have their final game vs those Blues, and hold the tiebreaker.
The Blues also have 2 of their next 5 vs the Hawks. ;)
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote:Biter snipes an empty netter - yeeeeeee fucking ha. Things that make Doc's heroes.

Bountiful mongoloids will be over joyed with a playoff game considering their expectations in September. Fuck em.

Let the Aqualungs reap the gate from two games and move on.
Yeah people should read the retard farm for an hour and then say you want their team in playoffs . I could care less if they are an easier opponent , I would rather see the mouth breathers missing out once again like they usually do. Calgary is Merritt on Meth and roids . A big ugly grubby dump .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Topper wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Gillis isn't my boi. I just didn't hate on the guy for no reason like some people . He did a decent job here , don't quite get the hate .
Agreed, he may not have been the most personable guy with his vague corporate speak but the team's record under his tenure speaks volumes.

I agree. The team has never been better than it was under Gillis. Never understood the hate fest.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Per wrote:
Topper wrote:

I agree. The team has never been better than it was under Gillis. Never understood the hate fest.
Yet...
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Puck wrote:Is there still a scenario where both LA and Calgary don't make it in?
Yes there is a way for both LA and Calgary to miss the playoffs. One of SJS, Edmonton or Arizona overtake both teams. Simple.
Oilers and Coyotes can't anymore, so just the Sharks... :baaa:

Actually it seems more likely that both LA & Flames get into and the Jets will miss the target.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Did you cats see the link I posted in the Predators game thread. It's a vid of the fans at Rogers Arena changing - "Fire Gillis"
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau