GDT: Canucks @ Blues, 5:00 March 30, Sportsnet

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Blues, 5:00 March 30, Sportsnet

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Strangelove wrote:Hey Blob it's hilarious the way that every time you rag on Burrows in a GDT he starts popping goals! :thumbs:

SERIOUSLY... it's like... within a few seconds! :lol:
Yeah that was a beautiful goal . I'd have nothing bad to say about the guy if he was paid an appropriate salary like Higgins or Hansen . He and Kevin Bieksa are grossly overpaid .
But Beers it was your Boi - Gillis who gave Burrows the contract. What do you expect the Dragon Slayer to say "No Mr. Gillis that's too much money, I would like less money."?
Gillis isn't my boi. I just didn't hate on the guy for no reason like some people . He did a decent job here , don't quite get the hate . Hopefully Benning can convince Burrows to move along this summer . Too many bloated contracts = a shitty team . Burrows at this stage is an average player similar to Matthias , Higgins , Richardson and Hansen . The team needs to wave good bye to two of those guys this summer . I would hang onto Hansen, Higgins and Ricardson .Burrows is already overpaid and Matthias will soon be as well.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Strangelove wrote:Hey Blob it's hilarious the way that every time you rag on Burrows in a GDT he starts popping goals! :thumbs:

Yeah that was a beautiful goal . I'd have nothing bad to say about the guy if he was paid an appropriate salary like Higgins or Hansen . He and Kevin Bieksa are grossly overpaid .
Crosby is making $12M this season for 1.11 ppg.

Burrows is making $5M this season for 0.45 ppg.

Burrows scores 41% of what Crosby does while he makes 42% of what Crosby makes.

Seems you're right Blobby.....Burrows is overpaid by $80K. :roll:

:P
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Zamboni Driver wrote:Took me longer to type up a reply than it did for the Blues to cough up the lead again! :P
RoyalDude wrote:Are the Blues tired or something? Not all that impressed with them
Blues are apparently 0-8-2 against Vancouver in the last 12 meetings, if I heard that stat correctly.

Any chance that we could draw the Blues in the playoffs? :twisted:
I doubt you heard that right, or are two games still undecided? :eh:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

RoyalDude wrote:The big softie scores! Whoaaaaaaa!
:D Classic Dudeism
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Blob, would it not give you much more satisfaction to have us play the Flames round one, and beat them, than us losing round one to LA?
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Per wrote:
Zamboni Driver wrote:Took me longer to type up a reply than it did for the Blues to cough up the lead again! :P
RoyalDude wrote:Are the Blues tired or something? Not all that impressed with them
Blues are apparently 0-8-2 against Vancouver in the last 12 meetings, if I heard that stat correctly.

Loses = 0

Wins = 8

OT wins =2
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Per wrote:

Oops, I screwed that up. :( And it was the last 10 games against the Blues, not the last 12.

The Canucks went 8-0-2, so I guess that means that the Blues won 2 games against the Canucks in the last 10, not zero
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Hockey Widow wrote:Blob, would it not give you much more satisfaction to have us play the Flames round one, and beat them, than us losing round one to LA?
Sorry to intervene but maybe it would be not so much satisfaction to lose against the Flames than LA.

I would like to play (& beat) both and don't care who it'll be, as long as they give all left in the tank....full throttle!

PS: Hey it's also still possible to play both in either of round 1 or 2. :mrgreen:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Cookie La Rue wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Blob, would it not give you much more satisfaction to have us play the Flames round one, and beat them, than us losing round one to LA?
Sorry to intervene but maybe it would be not so much satisfaction to lose against the Flames than LA.

I would like to play (& beat) both and don't care who it'll be, as long as they give all left in the tank....full throttle!

PS: Hey it's also still possible to play both in either of round 1 or 2. :mrgreen:
If the standings hold as the are the ideal route in the playoffs, as a fan, would be...

Vancouver 4
Calgary 0

(With game 4 going to OT and Baertschi getting the GWG in an emergency call-up replacing Higgins)

Vancouver 4
Anaheim 3

Vancouver 4
Chicago 2

Then heads up with any of Boston, Montreal, NYI, or NYR.

Mongoloid farm implodes. They get a lower draft pick and all they earned was a first round sweep at our hands. That would be WAY sweeter than watching them miss entirely.

Kesler goes home with that empty feeling. Especially if it goes the distance.

Toews, Keith, and Crawford, all make excuses. I can't stand any of those guys.

Re-match central or all-Canada final. :D
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Per wrote:

Loses = 0

Wins = 8

OT wins =2
Right, that's ten. And the remaining two?

Edit: OK, I see that Z now says it's the last ten. Then it makes sense.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Mëds wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:

Crosby is making $12M this season for 1.11 ppg.

Burrows is making $5M this season for 0.45 ppg.

Burrows scores 41% of what Crosby does while he makes 42% of what Crosby makes.

Seems you're right Blobby.....Burrows is overpaid by $80K. :roll:

:P
Crosbys cap hit is 8.7 million .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
lostinarink
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by lostinarink »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:I'd rather see LA in than Calgary . I hate the Flames as much as I hate the leaves .
I would have thought that you would be drooling over the prospect of the Nucks kicking Flaming butt in the first round
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Biter snipes an empty netter - yeeeeeee fucking ha. Things that make Doc's heroes.

Bountiful mongoloids will be over joyed with a playoff game considering their expectations in September. Fuck em.

Let the Aqualungs reap the gate from two games and move on.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

I dunno... the prospect of a Calgary cinderella run is disturbing, and unfortunately within the realm of possibility and the media will fall all over themselves at the prospect of a 2015 'red mile'.... yack.

Having said that, if LA makes it in, they could easily make the conference final. Not too fond of that either.

Is there still a scenario where both LA and Calgary don't make it in?

And how the Hell is Gaudreau pronounced "Goo-dro"?
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Puck wrote:I dunno... the prospect of a Calgary cinderella run is disturbing, and unfortunately within the realm of possibility and the media will fall all over themselves at the prospect of a 2015 'red mile'.... yack.

Having said that, if LA makes it in, they could easily make the conference final. Not too fond of that either.

Is there still a scenario where both LA and Calgary don't make it in?

And how the Hell is Gaudreau pronounced "Goo-dro"?

Yes there is a way for both LA and Calgary to miss the playoffs. One of SJS, Edmonton or Arizona overtake both teams. Simple.

The top three teams in each division make it.