GDT: Jets land safely at YVR - 7pm, 3/24/15 - SNP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: GDT: Jets land safely at YVR - 7pm, 3/24/15 - SNP

Post by Topper »

A few comments;

What's not to love about the Jets hard hitting, fast aggressive style. Quitters in track suits need not apply. As RD noted, weak backend (insert Rumsfeld/prison joke here).

The last few Canuck wins have been like getting laid at the fat farm. Not pretty or anything to be proud of, but wins all the same. Multiple empty netters are the money shots.........Though some would say Maurice should have had Hutchison back in net after the first EN to keep the L looking respectable.

The kids struggled defensively and Kenins got the Bach Spassian treatment from Willie. Does Bo actually have speed or is he just catching the D flat footed?

Vey was much better on the wing. terrible trying to hold his own at centre.

Where was the second line found?

Eddie has established himself as a legitimate #1, he or Miller should be moved in the off season. Markstrom has not progressed beyond where he was a year ago. Eriksson and Demko are years away.

KB3 is looking smaller and smaller every game. He can't free wheel offensively paired with Sbisa Delivery and he is too often out muscled defensively.

Canuck DJ missed a glorious chance to spin "Ain't no mountain high enough".
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Listercat
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Listercat »

Bo does have speed. He seems to be able to find another gear when he sees an opening and even when he cuts to the net he keeps his feet moving. He is only going to get better.

Vrbata's 2nd goal showed his quick acceleration. Two steps coming out of the corner gave him the time and space to make the play.

Tanev probably had his worst game this season.

The Sedin's defensive coverage is scary. Daniel is always on the wrong side leaving the backside open. All the wingers play to take the middle of the ice away which results in turnover after turnover when the puck gets put around the backside.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt "
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

rats19 wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:don't forget to donate to Canucks Kids Telethon

http://www.canuckplace.org/donate/
Don't forget to donate to this site reef....lol after the kids...
Don't worry I will big time I think at the end of the season .....
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Apparently Bo's playing between 215-220 lbs right now. At a modest 6 feet tall, that's a lot of muscle for a young man. He's one of those rare anomalies who actually gains weight during the season, as opposed to the common problem some guys (Raymond, Linden) had trying to keep the pounds on.

I chalk this up to a kid who's still growing into his body. In a few years, once Bo's growth level's off, his skating could be his best asset. He's already showing signs of power and strength, but his speed is just now coming to fruition - not to mention his confidence.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I asked because his skating is deceptive. It was deceptive in the WJC a year ago and continues to be so. There is no doubt he is built like a Sabre Tank.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

IIRC, Bo's skating was never considered one of his strengths upon being drafted. It certainly hasn't held him back against the worlds best.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

BladesofSteel wrote:Apparently Bo's playing between 215-220 lbs right now. At a modest 6 feet tall, that's a lot of muscle for a young man. He's one of those rare anomalies who actually gains weight during the season, as opposed to the common problem some guys (Raymond, Linden) had trying to keep the pounds on.

I chalk this up to a kid who's still growing into his body. In a few years, once Bo's growth level's off, his skating could be his best asset. He's already showing signs of power and strength, but his speed is just now coming to fruition - not to mention his confidence.
Horvat's obviously built the right way.

Seated, he looks about the same size as the massive Shawn Matthias (although Matthias' legs look almost ridiculous in this picture).

Off topic, but Gaunce looks huge. The rest in this picture look puny in comparison. Size will definitely not be an issue.

Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

BladesofSteel wrote:Apparently Bo's playing between 215-220 lbs right now. At a modest 6 feet tall, that's a lot of muscle for a young man. He's one of those rare anomalies who actually gains weight during the season, as opposed to the common problem some guys (Raymond, Linden) had trying to keep the pounds on.

Forward Power!
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

On Vrbata, my goodness has he been an excellent pick-up. Thank the lawd Iggy decided to take his talents to Denver.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Topper said :
"The kids struggled defensively and Kenins got the Bach Spassian treatment from Willie "

Kenins is an upgrade on MacMillan though,, He HITS :) 8 hits registered for the game..
More than double any other Canuck.
Was looking at Webber's stats. Picking him up from Montreal was a great move..
Most goals by a Dman this year.. and does a decent job defensively too..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Arachnid wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:So calm, so cool, those sisters.
:shock:

That's sexiest!
Your response reminds me of your admission of being a MALE cheerleader in high school! :lol:
Well at least I finished High School ;)
So you had your way with the quarterback... and... the principal?!! :shock:

BACK ON TOPIC:

Canucks playing well, does that make you sad? :(

(they won't be getting the Top 5 draft pick you so badly wanted/predicted)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Zamboni Driver wrote:
Strangelove wrote:Image

NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, HEY HEY HEY, GOODBYE
Doesn't seem like the Jets have suffered much without Mr. Ego ;)
Actually their winning percentage has decreased slightly since Buffy washed their track suit laundry in public.

If their post-Kane winning percentage continues, they could find themselves in 9th by the end of the season.

Wouldn't that be a shame, and which one of the losses to the Canucks will they blame if they miss by a hair.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

herb wrote:On Vrbata, my goodness has he been an excellent pick-up. Thank the lawd Iggy decided to take his talents to Denver.
Iginla is still a quality player though . I'm glad JB didn't cave into that third year . Maybe give Vrbata an extra year or two this summer if he's interested .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Yes Blob, crazy that old man Iginla is still putting up 25 goals and 50+ points at nearly 38 years of age after all those hard miles. Dude is a freak. I hope Hank is able to pull off a similar feat.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Iginla would have brought a toughness factor, but slower than Vrbata. Iggy would have driven Cowpuke nuts, Vrbata not so. I love the Vrbata signing but would have been happy with Iggy for two years. He got better term with the AVS.
The only HW the Canucks need