GDT: March 22, 2015 - Canucks @ Yotes 5PM pst on CityTV

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: March 22, 2015 - Canucks @ Yotes 5PM pst on CityTV

Post by ukcanuck »

Yep, the tank it crew will shortly be dining on their head wear.

Not that we should be crowing to loudly

The gods are fickle and jealous
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

ukcanuck wrote:Yep, the tank it crew will shortly be dining on their head wear.

Not that we should be crowing to loudly

The gods are fickle and jealous
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

That was probably one of our ugliest wins in a while.

Sloppy play in our own end, I thought we were gonna blow it there in the 3rd with all of the icing calls and ridiculous turnovers in our own end. Any other team and we probably get blown out 5-1 with 4 goals in the 3rd on stupid turnovers.

Markstrom played well. Hopefully he'll settle down a bit.....he looked like he was gonna shit his pants he was so shaky at times.

Bieksa and Sbisa.....oh nevermind, Doc covered that.

Hamhuis is NOT playing well. As much as Bieksa needs to be playing with Juice, the reciprocal is also true. Reunite those guys and put a bottom pairing together of Stanton and Weber. Sit Sbisa until he figures out that he needs to have his brain engaged.

Mike Smith's stats were grossly inflated by some really lousy shot selection. We "shelled" him, but not many were going to get by him unless he dove out of the way.

When Edler got the puck with that much room I screamed at the screen, "Just fucking pound Edler!"

Clearly he heard me.

Then I rolled my eyes thinking about SKYO and RD. :P

That was our game in hand, and we used it wisely.

10 games left, here's to hoping the standings stay as they are.

And yes RD, I know, the Sharks are done.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:Nice to see us get a win without having to rely on Lack Attack Pack and great to see Marky Mark and the Fun Bunch get the job done. :lol:

Boy, if we ever go with the tandem of Lack and Markstrom, we'll have the biggest goaltending duo in the league. Lack is listed @ 6'4 and Markstrom is 6'6; two big doods who cover a lot of net. :D
If we can't have the greatest, we'll go with the biggest, eh? :lol:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Sunday's win brought the odds of the Canucks making the playoffs to 97.7%.

LA has dropped down to 47.9%. Calgary is sitting at 75.4%.

Vancouver vs Calgary would be pretty sweet in the first round, even if we haven't looked all that great against Calgary this season.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Per wrote:If we can't have the greatest, we'll go with the biggest, eh? :lol:
*LOL* The Swedish duo of Lack Attack Pack and Marky Mark. :lol:

Mëds wrote:Hamhuis is NOT playing well.
I wouldn't mind if Uncle Willy just gives Hammer a nite off and put in Stanton. For sure rest him up when we secure a playoff spot, give Markstrom a couple more more games as well.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Mëds wrote:That was probably one of our ugliest wins in a while.

Sloppy play in our own end, I thought we were gonna blow it there in the 3rd with all of the icing calls and ridiculous turnovers in our own end. Any other team and we probably get blown out 5-1 with 4 goals in the 3rd on stupid turnovers.
I'd call it lulled into a boring, uninspiring game, as the coyotes play the typical tippet style of just sound a structured defensive play, waiting for scoring chances.

Gotta remember we did hit like 4-5 posts? Eventually a game like this will lead to a shellacking 6 - 1 game for the Canucks soon.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Better an ugly win than a well played loss ?
Mcmillan is not a good fit on the Horvath line
coughed up the puck once offensively
Missed his check on Ericson..
whole f*ing team let Ericson have 3 shots to get it past Markstrom.
Good news ? Vey played WELL :) not bad on faceoffs..
Bonino ?? WTF can't win a faceoff..
Hank just under 50% Horvath a little better..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

herb wrote:Sunday's win brought the odds of the Canucks making the playoffs to 97.7%.

Vancouver vs Calgary would be pretty sweet in the first round, even if we haven't looked all that great against Calgary this season.
Yeah, that and the fact that this is not a playoff built team. Still too soft and assholeless. Some strange tards don't understand that.
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Arachnid wrote:
herb wrote:Sunday's win brought the odds of the Canucks making the playoffs to 97.7%.

Yeah, that and the fact that this is not a playoff built team. Still too soft and assholeless. Some strange tards don't understand that.
Geez Spidey... Hank has become all but a knuckle dragger....
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Mëds wrote: Hamhuis is NOT playing well. As much as Bieksa needs to be playing with Juice, the reciprocal is also true.

When Edler got the puck with that much room I screamed at the screen, "Just fucking pound Edler!"
WTF are you babbeling about???
1) Hamhuis has been playing some of his best hockey EVER since coming back from injury

2) Bieksa is Juice :crazy:

and your Edler comment ?????
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Sorry Dangles, but Mëds is correct on this one...

Hamhuis gets a lot of slack around here but he has made many many egregious errors this season, even before his injury... terrible plays that KB4 would have been strung up many times for.

But to be fair, Hamhuis & Tanev has been the only ones who have played with any consistent hockey IQ. Just look at the dummies we ice on the back-end. It's amazing we have the record we do with the amount of bone-headed plays and giveaways you see every night.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

And yet this was what, the fourth game with all our D healthy? It takes a while when so many of your D are out, for them to 1) all get back into game shape 2)for them to gel together, again.

I thought one of the differences in the LA game and the Coyotes games was that our D was starting to gel, look good again. There is more confidence. For sure too many give aways, time spent running around, but they are covering better, more consistently blocking shots and blocking lanes, and when running around are minimizing quality chances against.

Up until Christmas are D were pretty solid and we were winning close games. Then the injuries started to pile on. Now our D is healthy and just in time. If they can stay healthy down the stretch that will give them 10 games to work out the kinks.

I would agree that next year Benning has some tough choices to make as I think we do have weak links. But for this year the biggest thing is staying healthy. And we had this debate early on in the season, that we were 1-2 key injuries away on the backend from disaster. Well we weathered 4-5 out and even though we slipped away from Anaheim we have maintained a playoff position. It would be nice to lock up a playoff spot with a handful of games remaining so we can rest guys on D and get Clendening and Stanton some playing time. We all know depth will be critical in the playoffs.
The only HW the Canucks need
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

rats19 wrote:
Arachnid wrote:

Geez Spidey... Hank has become all but a knuckle dragger....
:lol: He's shown some inner oldman rage for sure this year Mad Ratter....it's all for naught, however, unless it means something in a playoff scrum ;)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Arachnid Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:17 am wrote: Yeah, that and the fact that this is not a playoff built team. Still too soft and assholeless. Some strange tards don't understand that.
Two days earlier:

viewtopic.php?p=227977#p227977
Arachnid [color=#FF0000]Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:04 pm[/color] wrote: Time for us to play some playoff-like games
viewtopic.php?p=227992#p227992
Arachnid [color=#FF0000]Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:34 pm[/color] wrote: Now that's playoff hockey!
viewtopic.php?p=228036#p228036
Arachnid [color=#FF0000]Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:53 pm[/color] wrote:Now that's what I call hockey passion...even the rookies played great, while scoring an EN...

I might have some hope for this team if they can channel their inner anger and asshole...

O. M. G. this guy is up and down like a Somalian crack whore’s panties!!! :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.