GDT 19-Mar-2015: Canucks vs Bluejackets - 19:00 PST on SNP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: GDT 19-Mar-2015: Canucks vs Bluejackets - 19:00 PST on S

Post by Hockey Widow »

Reminds me of the game we played against the NYI last season. Hope it isn't a sign of things to come. If ever we needed to beat LA it's tomorrow.

So Lack was ill with the flu or food poisoning or something last night, puking between periods. WD should have started Markstrom. Lack by his own admission felt off the whole game, movements a fraction of a second slower. Felt if he was healthy he could have made more saves. He wasn't excusing it, explaining it. WTF did WD, knowing this, not put Markstrom in?
The only HW the Canucks need
KeyserSoze
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by KeyserSoze »

Tiger wrote: Yep.. Saturday will change everything.. A loss against LA .. Calgary wins .. Wpg wins and we are out of the playoffs ..A huge job ahead because this is a real "Must Win" game
Mondi wrote:Getting blown up by bottom feeders is going to cost this team a playoff stop, unless they win in LA on Saturday in an afternoon game...so yeah, no.
Even if LA & Calgary both win on Saturday the Canucks will be sitting in 3rd in the Pacific...so no, not a must win...those games have yet to be played.

Sucks to drop 2 pts to a non-playoff team (especially in that fashion), but even with that loss the Canucks have earned the points to get them where they are and still be in 2nd in the division with a point and game on hand over the team in 3rd.

They will have to finish these last 12 games with success to make the playoffs, but let's not act like the season hinges on tomorrows game.
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Can't believe all the negative WD posts on here. Let's get serious people what was your expectations at the start of this year? IMHO WD has done an excellent job coaching with what he's been given.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

okcanuck wrote:Can't believe all the negative WD posts on here. Let's get serious people what was your expectations at the start of this year? IMHO WD has done an excellent job coaching with what he's been given.
I don't blame him but i am getting frustrated with him and previous coaches decisions on who plays and who doesn't. Also when the 1st unit PP is not working it is OK to split up the twins.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

People blaming a rookie coach??? sans he's 180's yrs old...fuck em OK-okcanuck?

Canucks will still make the playoffs.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

okcanuck wrote:Can't believe all the negative WD posts on here. Let's get serious people what was your expectations at the start of this year? IMHO WD has done an excellent job coaching with what he's been given.
I wish he's stop pulling the f**king goalie with a few minutes left when we're down 3 goals, it just makes a bad game look worse in the stats.
Mr.Miyagi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Mr.Miyagi »

Zamboni Driver wrote:I wish he's stop pulling the f**king goalie with a few minutes left when we're down 3 goals, it just makes a bad game look worse in the stats.
That one drives me nuts, too. Not neccesarily the stats part ... but the pressure it puts on to the guys on the ice. In a game like last one, where they were clearly outplayed the second half it only puts more salt on the wound to have the guys out there for 3-5minutes almost knowing they are going to get scored on again. To be honest ... pulling the goalie while down 2 is debatable. The odds are totally against you.
In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things: hockey and karate.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Mr.Miyagi wrote:
Zamboni Driver wrote:I wish he's stop pulling the f**king goalie with a few minutes left when we're down 3 goals, it just makes a bad game look worse in the stats.
That one drives me nuts, too. Not neccesarily the stats part ... but the pressure it puts on to the guys on the ice. In a game like last one, where they were clearly outplayed the second half it only puts more salt on the wound to have the guys out there for 3-5minutes almost knowing they are going to get scored on again. To be honest ... pulling the goalie while down 2 is debatable. The odds are totally against you.
It allows them to practice playing with the goalie pulled. In theory that should be valuable practice that may come in handy in a closer game that is nor out of reach. I don't mind it so much. I do mind the stupid casual give aways that they seem prone to when they pull their goalie.
The only HW the Canucks need
griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by griz »

griz wrote:Found a working stream here : [mod edit: don't post illegal streams, please]
Mod : it was not an illegal stream. It was just a radio stream, no video. TSN's 1040 radio is currently not functioning, for 3 games in a row. I just called them and left a message (their office isn't open on weekends). I don't think their advertisers will appreciate that their ads are not getting full effect.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

griz wrote:
griz wrote:Found a working stream here : [mod edit: don't post illegal streams, please]
Mod : it was not an illegal stream. It was just a radio stream, no video. TSN's 1040 radio is currently not functioning, for 3 games in a row. I just called them and left a message (their office isn't open on weekends). I don't think their advertisers will appreciate that their ads are not getting full effect.
Sorry about that - I just assumed it was a video stream.

Continue on and keep up the good work.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."