GDT 14-Mar-2015: Canucks vs Leaves - 16:00 PST on CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: GDT 14-Mar-2015: Canucks vs Leaves - 16:00 PST on CBC

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote:I wonder what Kevin ACTUALLY Just Came Back From Broken Hand Bieksa was saying to Dion there.
It was an essay question. Phaneuf family pussies. Compare and contrast.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Strangelove wrote:
SKYO wrote: lol Hansen mocking Phaneuf, leaves don't even care anymore.
If you watch the highlights, as Phaneuf turtles, you'll hear Glenn Healy say:

"Everyone knows Dion has a broken hand!"

:roll:

Well Dion played with a "sore hand" way back on January 19 (Canes) + 21 (Sens).

... after which he packed it in for 6 weeks (listed as 'sore hand - day to day')

Then he returned on February 26 (Flyers) and has played 10 straight games since.

So yeah.

BROKEN HAND MY ASS!!! :evil: :twisted: :evil:

What... "everyone knows" :scowl: ... Glenn... is that Dion has always started shit + wimped out.

CLEARLY one of the least respected players in the league... as player polls indicate.
Well it's not like he's the team captain and looked on to demonstrate toughness & hard work.

Oh, wait.... :P
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Great game, went to my brothers and had a big steak, stuffed potatoes, several beers and then moved to cognac.

Normally prefer whiskey but beggers cant be choosey.

Love watching Diane and all the drama he brings to TO and the colour man on CBC, I wonder how he can even talk with all the TO d...s in his mouth. Now we need to see TO win 4 - 5 games straight so they finish 20th and no chance of a top 5 pick.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Reefer2 wrote:Great game, went to my brothers and had a big steak, stuffed potatoes, several beers and then moved to cognac.

Normally prefer whiskey but beggers cant be choosey.

Love watching Diane and all the drama he brings to TO and the colour man on CBC, I wonder how he can even talk with all the TO d...s in his mouth. Now we need to see TO win 4 - 5 games straight so they finish 20th and no chance of a top 5 pick.
Are cave men capable of coherent thought?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Time to move Vrbata back with the Sedins and reunite the Mathhias/Richardson/Kassian line. The Sedins are drying up and need to be Radim'ed. Richardson is back and that line was good way back
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

RoyalDude wrote:Time to move Vrbata back with the Sedins and reunite the Mathhias/Richardson/Kassian line. The Sedins are drying up and need to be Radim'ed. Richardson is back and that line was good way back
Burrows is reportedly ready to come back tomorrow, so it'll be interesting to see where he slots in.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Yeah I don't blame Kassian for being pissed off . He has been punched in the head twice in the last two weeks while a linesman has a hold of both of his arms .

Who comes out of the lineup for the biter ?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Yeah I don't blame Kassian for being pissed off . He has been punched in the head twice in the last two weeks while a linesman has a hold of both of his arms .

Kenins.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

RoyalDude wrote:Time to move Vrbata back with the Sedins and reunite the Mathhias/Richardson/Kassian line. The Sedins are drying up and need to be Radim'ed. Richardson is back and that line was good way back
If Burrows is back next game, the WD should just run a revolving door on the Twins right-wing. I don't mean game-to-game either. Do it on a situational basis. If it's an own zone faceoff, Burrows goes out. If it's special teams the go with whoever is skating well with them.

Vrbata sets up well looking for openings, but he doesn't support the cycle the way Burrows does, and his effectiveness is limited by how the defense sets up to take away the cross-ice pass. Bur goes everywhere and just thinks like a Sedin at this point, and there is no question that the brothers like playing with Burrows. If a defense is giving Hank and Dank nothing to look at across the slot, then Vrbata's value is much higher on the second line where he makes Bonino-Whoever more of a threat. In that event, run with Kassian, especially if the opponent's match-up are a bunch of bruisers who are gonna take liberties with the Sedins.

On the PP Kassian should be out there so long as he follows instructions and remembers to be the net presence. The room he creates by keeping defenders closer to the slot gives the Sedins way more room and lets them close in which opens up the setup to the point (we desperately need a RH shot up there with them), and if the point isn't there then cross-seam to Vrbata should be.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

herb wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Yeah I don't blame Kassian for being pissed off . He has been punched in the head twice in the last two weeks while a linesman has a hold of both of his arms .

Kenins.
At this point I would sit one of Matthias, Higgins, or Bonino, before I sat Kenins.

Kenins-Horvat-Hansen have been an excellent line for us, particularly Kenins and Horvat who are finding some really nice chemistry of late.

Matthias is a big body who hits like a feather.....when he hits at all. If he's not gonna use the size, sit him until he does.

Bonino has been meh. His days here are likely numbered if McCann continues to develop, simply because Bonino is a 2/3 guy down the middle, and right now, in the bottom-6, he's a lesser option than Horvat. He's been playing soft, send him a message.

Higgins has been better, at least on the stat sheet, in his last handful of games. And considering he scored our first goal last time out chances are you don't sit him in hopes he can build on it.

Dank - Hank - Kas/Bur/Vrbata
Bur - Matthias - Vrbata/Kas
Higgins - Richie - Dorsett
Kenins - Horvat - Hansen

I think I'd sit Bonino, then if Matthias plays another game like his last few, swap them out and see who learns quickets.

We have some softies in here right now that have the ability to play tougher/smarter: Matthias, Higgins, Bonino. Sit the guy that mails it in, and you will always ice your best chance to win, and everyone will play to keep playing.....or they won't and then you know who goes.

You could even add Kassian to that list, I still the kid is gonna pan out here, but I bet he ends up being a guy who plays 74 games per year (if healthy) because the game is between the ears for him, and sitting him for a game every once in a while will kick him in the ass so he refocuses and comes back stronger.

At Burrow's age, and the way he plays, rotating him out every 8 or so games might be a good thing. If he hits a bit of a slump, sit him a game and let him rest up. I think he'll be more effective that way, he's been such a playoff presence for us in almost every regard that with 14 games left in the season I would give him a few nights off so he's really fresh. If we're locked in for the last couple of games I would even rest up the Sedins for a game or two and just run with the kids.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

more shenanigans at the leaves game ha.

http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2015/03/fans ... ucks-game/
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote:more shenanigans at the leaves game ha.
Got any pics of the Kessel jersey that was tossed out there?

(shortly after he pretended to backcheck on that short-handed goal)

Herb: Nice avatar bro! :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Thanks bruh!