GDT: March 12/15:Kings @ Canucks, 7pm SN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: March 12/15:Kings @ Canucks, 7pm SN

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Rumsfeld wrote:
SKYO wrote:Thanks ya'll, and I love trade scenarios! wanted Brind'Amour and Rob Blake back in the day.
Yeah, that's nothin'. Remember that one psycho who made like 374 trade scenarios involving Vincent Lecavalier over a 5-year span?

I can't remember his name, 'cause dude was pretty inconsequential, but yeah what a weird fuck.
LOL good ol Farhan/Betamax. Sometimes I miss the thrashings he received around these parts... then again, bullying is frowned upon these days.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Zedlee wrote:
Hank wrote:I knew this was a bad game to attend live as soon as the pizzaman served up a giant slice 15 seconds into it...

It's not that they played poorly last night, unlike the Arizona or Buffalo games. Even at their best, they are clearly pwn3d outclassed when big, heavy, deep teams like LA start playing grinding playoff-style hockey.
When Benning took over, he mentioned he wanted to build a team to compete with the "big heavy" teams out West.

I like Benning, but why hasn't he added more muscle to our team? Guys like Vey, McMillan and Bart are not going to help us beat LA, SJ or Anaheim.
They need size and skill . The big young skilled players have to come from within . See Pedan and Virtanen . They took a flyer on Vey to add skill and also on Baertschi recently . I can't see both of those cats in the top 9 of. Good team along with the twins and Vrbata . It doesn't add up .

Moving forward this team will change a LOT this off season and next . They need to get bigger and faster .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:
SKYO wrote:Thanks ya'll, and I love trade scenarios! wanted Brind'Amour and Rob Blake back in the day.
Yeah, that's nothin'. Remember that one psycho who made like 374 trade scenarios involving Vincent Lecavalier over a 5-year span?

I can't remember his name, 'cause dude was pretty inconsequential, but yeah what a weird fuck.
LOL good ol Farhan/Betamax. Sometimes I miss the thrashings he received around these parts... then again, bullying is frowned upon these days.
That guy is a freak show ...he's reading this right now and plotting murder ...

Good thing he is on the no fly list !
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

SKYO wrote:To beat the Kings we need Miller and a true 2nd line that score with the best of em, that will take a deft trade.
Last night we needed a 1st line that plays to win and plays well defensively .. All goals against were scored with Hank and Kassian on the ice..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Tiger wrote:
SKYO wrote:To beat the Kings we need Miller and a true 2nd line that score with the best of em, that will take a deft trade.
Last night we needed a 1st line that plays to win and plays well defensively .. All goals against were scored with Hank and Kassian on the ice..
Except for the GWG where they weren't on the ice. :roll:

Either way, the defensive play of the forwards was not at all relevant to the goals scored.

Goal 1 was scored with Matthias, Hansen, Hamhuis, and Sbisa on the ice. A terrible defensive read by Pizza boy after he got hit and turned it over in the corner and then rushed back to the front of the net and went for some payback rather than take the man waiting for a backdoor pass (Sbisa skated right by him).

On the 2nd goal, watch how Vey and Dorsett head for the bench as the Kings breakout. This resulted in almost a 4-on-2, Burrows gets back, Hank and Kassian skate in late as they had just jumped onto the ice. Terrible decisions by Vey and Dorsett. Especially Vey if you look at where the puck is when he decides to change.

Goal 3 was scored after Hamhuis committed a brutal giveaway in his own end. He had control of the puck and the forwards were exiting the zone appropriately. Hammer tried a terrible backhand pass into the middle that had to get through 2 LA players.

Goal 4 was an empty netter and the blueliners failed to recognize Gaborik breaking for the outlet pass from Kopitar.

I was at the game.

The biggest problem is our soft forwards. They are scared of the Kings. The number of times an LA player could have been absolutely drilled as they were about to move the puck, or about to play a loose puck, and our forwards, Hank, Dank, Matthias, Hansen, Vrbata, and Burrows, were in a place to just tuck the arm and bury the shoulder on a clean hit, but they always tried for a lame poke check or peeled off and dropped back. LA was never worried about an open ice hit when trying to make a play on the puck or a pass to a teammate. They never had to rush because they knew nobody was going to hit them. It was pathetic.

After watching this game I am more than happy to let Matthias walk this summer. He's big, he seems to play smart, but he's not a top-6 guy, and he lets up on hits. Horvat maturing, and maybe another young guy moving up, should be enough to offset Matthias' production.

I didn't even notice that Higgins wasn't playing until the 3rd period. But I suppose he's a "glue" guy.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

ukcanuck wrote:I'm watching this one!

... That is if I can find a live stream somewhere that isn't blocked..

It's 7 am in Islamislam and it's what counts as Sunday morning
Birmingham, eh?

;-)
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Mëds Said:
The biggest problem is our soft forwards. They are scared of the Kings. The number of times an LA player could have been absolutely drilled as they were about to move the puck, or about to play a loose puck, and our forwards, Hank, Dank, Matthias, Hansen, Vrbata, and Burrows, were in a place to just tuck the arm and bury the shoulder on a clean hit, but they always tried for a lame poke check or peeled off and dropped back. LA was never worried about an open ice hit when trying to make a play on the puck or a pass to a teammate. They never had to rush because they knew nobody was going to hit them. It was pathetic
Agree.. and the "captain" should be showing the way.. He did.. Hank was on the ice for all 3 even strength goals against along wih Kassian .. Danny only on for 2 against..
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Tiger wrote: Agree.. and the "captain" should be showing the way.. He did.. Hank was on the ice for all 3 even strength goals against along wih Kassian .. Danny only on for 2 against..
Hey hang on a sec here Tiger... just noticed you put the C-word in quotations.... so you're like insinuating something there right.... something about Henrik's leadership abilities.... or lack thereof haha... that's awesome man.... good one... I bet the underage hookers back in Bangkok are really gonna get a kick out of that... you should totally read it to them...
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Rumsfeld wrote:
Tiger wrote: Agree.. and the "captain" should be showing the way.. He did.. Hank was on the ice for all 3 even strength goals against along wih Kassian .. Danny only on for 2 against..
Hey hang on a sec here Tiger... just noticed you put the C-word in quotations.... so you're like insinuating something there right.... something about Henrik's leadership abilities.... or lack thereof haha... that's awesome man.... good one... I bet the underage hookers back in Bangkok are really gonna get a kick out of that... you should totally read it to them...
Unfortunately I am not in Bangkok now and don't really know of any underage hookers there.. Old rumours .. facts are the government is tough on pedophiles there so you might have a problem.. But I am blessed with a very lovely thai gal that I have been with for a number of years.. Your knowledge of Thailand is not as good as your knowledge of hockey.. Stick with the hockey .. your an enjoyable read :)
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Tiger wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:
Unfortunately I am not in Bangkok now and don't really know of any underage hookers there.. Old rumours .. facts are the government is tough on pedophiles there so you might have a problem.. But I am blessed with a very lovely thai gal that I have been with for a number of years.. Your knowledge of Thailand is not as good as your knowledge of hockey.. Stick with the hockey .. your an enjoyable read :)
Ok, thanks Tiger. So there were rumors though, good to know.

Let's get back to hockey.... who do you think's better at leadership, Canadians or Swedes?
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society