Cornuck & rats19 @ Coyotes 7pm PST..

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Re: Cornuck & rats19 @ Coyotes 7pm PST..

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote:Seems to me like a team that said to itself:

"Great, we're finally getting a few guys back from injury, we can relax a bit now."
Isnt it strange how how a collective subconscience mindset can affect a simple plan.

Fucking Canuckle heads...
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Well hopefully the team now says to itself:

"We cannot relax until we win the Stanley Cup."

A collective subconscience mindset can be a good thing.
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Strangelove wrote:Well hopefully the team now says to itself:

IF we manage to miss the playoffs, there will be massive changes at the draft, so traderskyo will get his wish of numerous trades. :mrgreen:

Hey even medz would like a trade of Edler+ for a top 6 center....Detroit has been begging for a top 2 dman ever since they lost Lidstrom, AE+ for Riley Sheahan+.

We then sign a UFA dman to replace eddie.

--

But I should say we will still manage to squeak into the playoffs and pull off a upset or two, especially if Miller returns and can play like normal.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

SKYO wrote:
Strangelove wrote:Well hopefully the team now says to itself:

IF we manage to miss the playoffs, there will be massive changes at the draft, so traderskyo will get his wish of numerous trades. :mrgreen:

Hey even medz would like a trade of Edler+ for a top 6 center....Detroit has been begging for a top 2 dman ever since they lost Lidstrom, AE+ for Riley Sheahan+.
What top-6 center is Detroit going to send us in return?
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

part of me wants to spew "this team does not deserve to get to the play-offs and therefore won't" after this loss and the one to Buffalo. But after scanning the last 10 games record of all the teams ,things aren't so bad

http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm?ty ... v-stn-conf

Canucks are average to slightly above average and still have a good chance of making the playoffs if they continue at the current W/L pace. These losses to cellar dwellin tankin teams are perplexing though. You have to wonder what does/doesn't happen to a team fighting for a playoff spot in a tight conference nearing the end of the season when they come out flat against these teams.

The turnovers in the OT were so frequent it was almost comedic.
On the bright side Lack probably gained some confidence this game
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Mëds wrote:
What top-6 center is Detroit going to send us in return?
Riley Sheahan........in two-three years from now a Sheahan/Horvat combo will be terrorizing teams.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Strangelove wrote:
Hey Reefer, why did you choose that handle?
My first foray into forums was when I had a fish tank in early 2000's and I moved into a saltwater tank. I joined a Canadian based forum for people who owned saltwater tanks so I just picked BC for the province I lived in and reefer because that is where you get most of the fish and other stuff that goes into a reef tank.

Spent thousands of dollars on my reef tank over the years, now I am down to a hermit crab only but I miss my tank.

About the game, what is WD going to do about the PP? I don't understand why he wont change up the first unit and separate the twins.

In the OT, I have never seen so many brain farts in 5 minutes of hockey it looked like a 1920 Charlie Chaplin movie.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Reefer2 wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
My first foray into forums was when I had a fish tank in early 2000's and I moved into a saltwater tank. I joined a Canadian based forum for people who owned saltwater tanks so I just picked BC for the province I lived in and reefer because that is where you get most of the fish and other stuff that goes into a reef tank.

Spent thousands of dollars on my reef tank over the years, now I am down to a hermit crab only but I miss my tank.

About the game, what is WD going to do about the PP? I don't understand why he wont change up the first unit and separate the twins.

In the OT, I have never seen so many brain farts in 5 minutes of hockey it looked like a 1920 Charlie Chaplin movie.
Hey! We are a playoff team!
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Reefer2 wrote: About the game, what is WD going to do about the PP? I don't understand why he wont change up the first unit and separate the twins.

I would hazzard a guess that it's because the Sedins are the only reason our PP scores any goals at all.

What's most apparent is the need for another bonafide thread for the second unit. It's painfully obvious that a guy like Higgins (2 PPP) does not belong in a top-6 role (with according PP time), and a guy like Bonino (2 PPP) had his PP stats totally inflated playing with star players in Anaheim. He's a complimentary player, not a go-to guy.

There is also no excuse for Linden Vey to be the 4th highest PP TOI/GM forward on the team. The guy has 6 PP points on the season, and hasn't scored a PP goal since November. Sorry, but you might as well try Dorsett-Horvat-Matthias on the 2nd unit and see if they can use some of that effort can generate anything. It literally couldn't be any worse.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Yeah that game was fucking brutal to watch.

Tomorrow night is a big one. Gotta stick it to SJ.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

lostinarink wrote:Definitely the most inept, pathetic display I have ever seen.

I consider this to be the new all time low for a ANY NHL team - EVER. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
LMAO
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Reefer2 wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Shit - what a game....

The only good part was free pass to the Heineken suite.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Cornuck wrote:Shit - what a game....

*edit* and seeing rats... :mex:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

rats19 wrote:
Cornuck wrote:Shit - what a game....

*edit* and seeing rats... :mex:

Well that goes without saying. :)
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."