Nucks @ Rags - 4:00 Thurs Feb 19 - Sportsnet

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

herb
CC Legend

Re: Nucks @ Rags - 4:00 Thurs Feb 19 - Sportsnet

Post by herb »

Mondi wrote:Some youth and energy breathing life into a tired team. I like it.
Yes!

What I wanted last season was for some youngsters to be given a chance. Nice to see that happening this season (finally!). A gaggle of injuries on the back end have forced the issue, but it has been such a breath of fresh air seeing Horvat, Kenins, Clendening, Corrado (briefly) and even Vey.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Kassian is full marks for his reduced role on the team. He needs to figure out how to stay in the lineup before worrying about how to become a top six player in the NHL.

When Kassian turns the puck over he just watches it happen with a dumb look on his face. Anybody else notice Dank's hard back check after he turned the puck over late in the game? Ended up breaking up the play going back the other way.

Matthias should be brought back. An honest, hard working player. We can make him fit by moving Dorsett at the deadline.
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

No offense to anyone but is it not close to the 'enough already' line regarding Kassian? The same shit gets hammered over and over again and I guarantee you there is more to Kass's benching than any of us will ever know until we read a tell it all by an ex- canuck.

On a much more interesting note. Mr. McCann down in the Sault is lighting it up now he is feeling good and has moved well into the top 20 scorers in the O. I realize there is another thread for this but wtf? :wink: :wink:
Rayxor
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rayxor »

Calgary_Canuck wrote:I know this is history and all but thank God, we don't have Lou in net for the shootout.
Lu has a 73% save pct this year while facing, by far, the most shootout attempts at 70. Miller is at 100% but has only faced 5 shootout attempts. I don't think having Lu in this years shootouts would have made a significant difference.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

RoyalDude wrote:The last 3 posts above by Topper, Boston Canucker and HW saved this thread from falling over the cliff of ridiculousness.

The whiners whining about how unfair meanie WD is with Kassian is getting pathetic. It's like reading the moanings of coach hater Tony Gallagher and his conspiracy theories

Great post Hockey Widow!
RD – this isn’t about Kassian, this is about a coach who says one thing and then does another.

This team is void of power forwards and Kassian supposedly fits that mold and Canuck fans hope he grows into another Bertuzzi. If WD is giving another young player a pass then why isn’t Kassian getting the same luxury? I don't want to see a potential good player screwed up because WD wants to play his favorite boys from his past.

I for one am getting tired of watching the coaches ego make selections on who plays. But to be honest I don’t care who plays and if Kassian really sucks then just trade him for a bag of pucks and you can sub any name into that sentence.

What I do want is a coach who holds all players to the same level of accountability, yes vets gets more leeway and not on any circumstance would you ever expect a Sedin to be benched. But there are other ways within game he can get his message across.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Reefer2 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:The last 3 posts above by Topper, Boston Canucker and HW saved this thread from falling over the cliff of ridiculousness.

The whiners whining about how unfair meanie WD is with Kassian is getting pathetic. It's like reading the moanings of coach hater Tony Gallagher and his conspiracy theories

Great post Hockey Widow!
RD – this isn’t about Kassian, this is about a coach who says one thing and then does another.

This team is void of power forwards and Kassian supposedly fits that mold and Canuck fans hope he grows into another Bertuzzi. If WD is giving another young player a pass then why isn’t Kassian getting the same luxury? I don't want to see a potential good player screwed up because WD wants to play his favorite boys from his past.

I for one am getting tired of watching the coaches ego make selections on who plays. But to be honest I don’t care who plays and if Kassian really sucks then just trade him for a bag of pucks and you can sub any name into that sentence.

What I do want is a coach who holds all players to the same level of accountability, yes vets gets more leeway and not on any circumstance would you ever expect a Sedin to be benched. But there are other ways within game he can get his message across.
You're missing the point Reefer. It sn't so much about making mistakes or having a bad shift. It is effort, or lack there of.
The only HW the Canucks need
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Not to continue but Kassian is under the microscope and anything remotely wrong we discuss.

Put any other play in the same situation and we would probably have the same discussion.