Boston Bruins vs Vancouver Canucks 7:00 PM on SN NESN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Boston Bruins vs Vancouver Canucks 7:00 PM on SN NESN

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Rats and HW should get a room next time, it made me too uncomfortable to post last night
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

RoyalDude wrote:Rats and HW should get a room next time, it made me too uncomfortable to post last night
That's such a shame......
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Rats you and HW bunged up my postings. I was zero'd in on carpet bombing this thread with magnificent postings but you two just threw me off my game
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

waiting for tonight's Valentines performance
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

one would think after a couple great games that the focus would be on the team.....
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Taking one for the team?

okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

RoyalDude wrote:Rats and HW should get a room next time, it made me too uncomfortable to post last night

Keep up the good work HW and RATS
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Wow the Bruins look awful! Not the big bad Bruins any more. That Seguin trade looks awful now.

That Kassian, Matthias, Dorsett line is fun to watch. The benching was the best thing to happen to Kass in his pro career.

Sedins played great. Thanks for the spark Benn / Seguin!

Vrbata is a really nice player. Too bad he isn't 26. Another sick goal from him.

Tonight's game is going to be a whole lot tougher...
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I told you Rats that people would begin to talk. Now that the secret is out we no longer have to hide. But like I told you before, if Donny shows up, well he's my first you know.

Love is a strange thing, show up and flower the site with loving kindness and it acts like an insect repellent. All those nasty critters just hover near by but are afraid to land and take a bite.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I agree herb, I really like the Matthias line. A lot of energy and two guys to make up for the predictable Kassian defensive gaffs. Matthias looks pretty solid at centre. I think we are stronger with him at centre than Vey, when we are fully healthy.

I like the Stanton/Clendening pairing as well. A decent third pairing. Their playing time together in the Chicago organization looks to be helping. They compliment each other well. Still waiting to see some offensive magic from Clendening.

We still give the puck away far too much in the D zone. Get caught running around way too much. Lidster has to find a way to clean that up.

But a solid two games in a row.
The only HW the Canucks need
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hockey Widow wrote:I told you Rats that people would begin to talk. Now that the secret is out we no longer have to hide. But like I told you before, if Donny shows up, well he's my first you know.

Love is a strange thing, show up and flower the site with loving kindness and it acts like an insect repellent. All those nasty critters just hover near by but are afraid to land and take a bite.
I'd comment, but I fear cross pollination.

Very cross.

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hockey Widow wrote:I agree herb, I really like the Matthias line. A lot of energy and two guys to make up for the predictable Kassian defensive gaffs. Matthias looks pretty solid at centre. I think we are stronger with him at centre than Vey, when we are fully healthy.
Vey's improved play, especially defensively was when he played wing. Since being moved back to centre because of the Richarson injury, his play has slipped.

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Hockey Widow wrote:I told you Rats that people would begin to talk. Now that the secret is out we no longer have to hide. But like I told you before, if Donny shows up, well he's my first you know.

No worries hw its nice to see that our exsistance is an item of such importance.. I merely keep the pillow warm for levels...
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

This was a great game to be at, good energy in the building and the Canucks seemed to feed on it early.

Our bottom-6 was the difference in this one. The Sedins had a good game, didn't produce anything, but definitely had Boston chasing and were strong with their puck possession again. Maybe we really do owe Benn/Seguin a thank you.

Boston is a SLOW team. We thought we had some speed issues at times, they have one line that can skate with us, after that it's over. On their blueline only Krug stands out as having any kind of wheels.

Big Z is over the hill, but losing speed. It shows. He was out of position several times, and caught flat footed and unable to recover (even with his reach) on a few other occasions. Every player in our bottom-6 took a run at him at some point.

A turning point, or rather a deciding point, in this game, was when Chara tried to spark his team by going after Kassian after getting burned to the outside and not having the speed to recover. Kassian pushed back, they exchanged words, and Kassian didn't back down. The officials intervened quickly, but Zack's response was completely opposite to what the Big Bad Bruins are used to getting from teams like us. Our boys seemed more galvanized and the Bruins got nothing out of the exchange.

Kenins is a beauty. So hungry on the forecheck and likes to take the body. Him and Dorsett on the 4th line provides some serious energy.

Horvat again with a good game, another young guy who plays a hungry game, but he's smart about it.

Miller was probably our weakest player last night. He never looked settled, he got the job done though, and the team in front of him was full marks for the W.

Kassian with 4 excellent performances in a row (5 points in that span too!). His setup on the opening goal was a pass that had to be making Henrik proud, and his work on the 3rd goal with a good positional read on the forecheck to create pick off Seidenberg's stupid pass shows that the kid isn't completely vacant between the ears.

Vrbata on the 2nd unit has been a great move by WD so far.

Higgins, despite assists in 2 straight, is still useless. His setup to Vrbata was a nice pass, but I think it was a lot luckier than people think. (Something about the sun shining on a dog's ass.....) There's nothing about his game that I like right now, if there's a deal to be made that returns a top-6 winger then make it, especially if he's part of a package going the other way.

If we can bring that kind of energy into matchup at the Saddledome we should be solid.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: I still want Marchand in a Canuck uniform. Flattening Edler in front of his own net while forechecking shorthanded.
Agreed (again).

Marchand is an asshole. :blush:
____
Try to focus on someday.