Canucks @ Hawks - 4pm - 2/11 - SN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: Canucks @ Hawks - 4pm - 2/11 - SN

Post by Hockey Widow »

Fucking ya.
The only HW the Canucks need
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Wahoo....
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Nicey!
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Sedins still got it.

clutch
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

woot woot!! Danny atones
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Take that Jamie Benn
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

I'll take it and run.

Sedins finished strong. Maybe they were saving up for the 3rd and OT????
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

The Sedins took most of the penalties and played 2.5 periods like it was a charity game. But they came through in the last half the third and in OT.

A good offensive game but defensively we are porous. Lack let in one very soft goal, a potential killer.

Bo another good game.

We are banged up. We need to call up some fresh blood. Given Gaunce a chance, or Jensen or Shrinkwrap. One of them. Let's see what they have.

Always nice to get two in Chicago.
The only HW the Canucks need
Overtime
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Overtime »

Hockey Widow wrote:The Sedins took most of the penalties and played 2.5 periods like it was a charity game. But they came through in the last half the third and in OT.

A good offensive game but defensively we are porous. Lack let in one very soft goal, a potential killer.

Bo another good game.

We are banged up. We need to call up some fresh blood. Given Gaunce a chance, or Jensen or Shrinkwrap. One of them. Let's see what they have.

Always nice to get two in Chicago.
You are this sites; "Flagbearer", thank you for your common sense and insightful comments. :)
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Up and down game, Lack pulls a Miller in the last minute but played great the other 59 minutes.

I sure hope if a player is needed it is a prospect.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hockey Widow wrote:I think WD reaching out to his old coach helped. Zachary isn't the brightest bulb out there. With him you can't just say we need more consistency. You need to walk him through what you want, what you expect. He apparently responds well to video sessions and very specific instructions. As well his old coach said you have to let him play, he is better when he plays reckless. I interpret that more as when he plays without fear of being benched.

Being fully healthy I'm sure helps too. Sure would be nice if this is a sign he is regaining his confidence.
LOL so in short, Zack ain't the brightest star in the sky. Did WD really need Zacks jr coach to tell him that? He plays best when he isn't required to use his noodle, lol.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

RoyalDude wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:I think WD reaching out to his old coach helped. Zachary isn't the brightest bulb out there. With him you can't just say we need more consistency. You need to walk him through what you want, what you expect. He apparently responds well to video sessions and very specific instructions. As well his old coach said you have to let him play, he is better when he plays reckless. I interpret that more as when he plays without fear of being benched.

Being fully healthy I'm sure helps too. Sure would be nice if this is a sign he is regaining his confidence.
LOL so in short, Zack ain't the brightest star in the sky. Did WD really need Zacks jr coach to tell him that? He plays best when he isn't required to use his noodle, lol.
think he's figured out he doesn't like being a healthy scratch
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Great game. It was closer than it had to be, but we'll take the win. Lack was great for most of the game, but the last one was weak. Looked a bit like Lou there, giving up a softie late in the game. :lol: I was going to say Lack should start the Boston game, then maybe come back with Miller vs Calgary. However, after how the game ended, it'll be fine for Willie to go with either guy.

For this game at least, it seemed like we had 4 lines rolling again. We're at our best when all 4 lines are playing well and contributing. Nice to see Kassassian get his 3rd in as many nites, he was pumped too and we could hear him yell: "WOOOOO!" Nice to see Zack doing what he said, just keeping things simple. Dump it in when his line is due for a line change, be responsible defensively and use his size to his advantage.

Something about Kenins on that BoHo line, they seem to make things happen. Maybe cuz they play a similar game, both are strong on the boards, have youthful energy, work hard and drive to the net. I don't like seeing Zack get scratched in favour of Kenins, but Kenins-BoHo comes through with another goal.
bckev
CC Veteran

Post by bckev »

Ii wonder what the record is for own goals, we must be close. I think Kenins needs to stay in, he and horvat are great together and really provide energy. I would like to see Kassian play on their right side. The Sedins had another great game with a couple of huge brain farts. Henrik dogging in on the too many men, he needs to lead by example. Clenndenning is looking better every game he plays, Sbisa still worries me but he is getting better as well. I am glad they didn't trade tanev, I hope they get him signed soon. I hope they sign Mathias he is turning into a very solid player, his consistency is improving. Higgins can go any time now, he is redundant and they need the space. I am glad we didn't get evander kane. Keep developing from with in, it can be a painful process and hard to be patient but when you get to see some results it makes it all worth while. So if they keep at it the way they have been do we have stinker against boston and a goodie against calagary.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

bckev wrote:Ii wonder what the record is for own goals, we must be close. I think Kenins needs to stay in, he and horvat are great together and really provide energy. I would like to see Kassian play on their right side. The Sedins had another great game with a couple of huge brain farts. Henrik dogging in on the too many men, he needs to lead by example. Clenndenning is looking better every game he plays, Sbisa still worries me but he is getting better as well. I am glad they didn't trade tanev, I hope they get him signed soon. I hope they sign Mathias he is turning into a very solid player, his consistency is improving. Higgins can go any time now, he is redundant and they need the space. I am glad we didn't get evander kane. Keep developing from with in, it can be a painful process and hard to be patient but when you get to see some results it makes it all worth while. So if they keep at it the way they have been do we have stinker against boston and a goodie against calagary.
I paragraph.

A few comments;
Tough to play dump and drop back to a defensive position for half a game. No surprise the 'Hawks made it closer than it should have been.

Will Buffalo come calling for Lack in the off season?

Zach with a limited consistent effort, lowest TOI on the team. He did it all without top six linemates and 2nd unit PP time. Lets see how he follows it up.

Great shot of WD giving Henrik the business on the bench for Kessel performance.

Blasting through the between period nonsense I did catch a hilarious grimacing look from Kyprios as Cox was spouting off about something. Even Nick recognizes Cox is an idiot.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.