GDT Jan 10: Canucks vs Flames - HNiC @ 19:00PST

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT Jan 10: Canucks vs Flames - HNiC @ 19:00PST

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Now i have the flu too, fuckin' motherfuckers...
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Mëds wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:Then they go to the jets game and you see how much tougher both of these teams play.
Love how the jets punish the fuckhead kings
Yeah, I hope Benning can find a way to trade the fucking Sedins. Just trade Hank and Dank will probably retire.

Start building a team with some speed and toughness.

Ha, that will help the cap if Dank retires.

Get over it Mëds. The twins are here until their contracts are up.
The only HW the Canucks need
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

Tough game. One of those they woulda shoulda coulda won, shit happens. I liked the play of Corrado and Horvat; focusing on the young'uns. On the other hand, Kassian was a non-factor, disappointing to see. This will be an interesting road trip. There are winnable games and they can't afford to have another tank-january. Luckily, they play better on the road for some reason.

And man, Randorf and Galley were horrible. It wasn't about them slurping the Flames, which they did (apparently Gaudreau is a Calder nominee...didn't realize they already announced the nominations), but they are both just horrible at calling/analyzing the game. Randorf does not really know the players and all Galley wants to say is that pretty much every play is great, and will be great, has been playing great...but if something bad happened, like a 7 game losing streak, it's a "hiccup." Nothing precise, critical. It's really a shame Sportsnet has iced out Shorty. I could live without Garrett, but Shorty is a top-level pbp guy, and that they give a slot to the unqualified Randorf over him is absurd.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Thank god I missed this game.

Watched a pay on demand movie instead.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Benning has no choice but to be working tomorrows Canucks into the line-up, is it anymore obvious that today's core is done other than providing us with hair above .500 regular season hockey.

Seriously, what's the point in playing 32 year old meh Higgins over a young player like Vey. Yes Vey has his warts but the kid needs to play to work on his game as it will only benefit us if he does. We all know Higgins ceiling, he ain't making us any better.

The Canucks need to make their minds up about Jensen? He's cooking in the minors, he's well done. Probably deflated now

I know it's a fine balance of youth and veterans, too heavy on the youth and we end up like the losing culture in Edmonton but this team is top heavy in veterans, we are old and slow and weak
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Mëds wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:Then they go to the jets game and you see how much tougher both of these teams play.
Yeah, I hope Benning can find a way to trade the fucking Sedins. Just trade Hank and Dank will probably retire.

Lol, I'm with ya there HW. The twins are here to stay until they retire, it ain't rocket science to know that. Blaming the 34 year olds is Comedy. Gillis inability to bring in the 'next' in his tenure is why we have what we have. The twins should be playing a lesser role instead of being relied upon to lead us to the promise land on their own. Gillis didn't help matters by giving the twins that contract but their contract is no different than other contract given to stars in their early 30's.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

RoyalDude wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:
Mëds wrote:

Lol, I'm with ya there HW. The twins are here to stay until they retire, it ain't rocket science to know that. Blaming the 34 year olds is Comedy. Gillis inability to bring in the 'next' in his tenure is why we have what we have. The twins should be playing a lesser role instead of being relied upon to lead us to the promise land on their own. Gillis didn't help matters by giving the twins that contract but their contract is no different than other contract given to stars in their early 30's.
The Sedins weren't given that contract in their early 30's. They are 34 going on 35 and playing the 1st year of that deal.

I get what you're saying Dude, but I'm just really bored with their style of play. I didn't love it back in 2005-06, and even in 2010-12 I still didn't find it super exciting, but the results were there so whatever. Now it's gouge your eyes out boring, and twice as frustrating because they have never adapted to anything despite years of being completely ineffective against teams that won't chase them. Triple the piss off that one brother always has to let the other brother touch the puck.....that 2-on-1 last night was classic. Several plays last night where instead of hitting the open guy cross ice it was brother to brother first, then try the pass.....but too late.

HW, what does it matter to the cap? Their contracts don't take them beyond 40 years old. If a player retires the contract comes off the books.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

C'mon Mëds, you weren't bored when Sedins were the Harlem Globetrotters of hockey.

And how bored would you be if they were removed from this lineup?

We'd be 30th in league scoring.

How "bored" would you be THEN? Image
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote:C'mon Mëds, you weren't bored when Sedins were the Harlem Globetrotters of hockey.

And how bored would you be if they were removed from this lineup?

We'd be 30th in league scoring.

How "bored" would you be THEN? Image
I would be excited about the prospect of adding McDavid or Eichel to our team. So I would be doing back-flips. ;)
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Buffalo is currently 30th in league scoring... and if the draft were today, odds are they'd draft 4th overall. :mrgreen:

Oh it's true!
____
Try to focus on someday.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

RoyalDude wrote:He's cooking in the minors, he's well done. Probably deflated now
Haha, nice analogy. Nick "the Soufflé" Jensen.