GDT: Canucks @ Oilers 11/19/14 5PM PST SNET

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Oilers 11/19/14 5PM PST SNET

Post by Topper »

A few comments;
Thirty minutes of domination followed by 30 minutes of, "ah fuckit, its the Oilers, we don't need to try"

I see fans in the crack shack are as dumb as those in the ex garage. 4-4 late in the third and they are white folks worried about keeping the rhythm of the wave instead of the game.

STUPID - Game commentators, between period commentators and internet commentators. Whether the goaltender is in the blue paint or not does not matter one bit. If the offensive player initiates contact with the goaltender and a goal is scored it is to be waved off. From the rule book.
69.3 Contact Inside the Goal Crease - If an attacking player initiates
contact with a goalkeeper, incidental or otherwise, while the
goalkeeper is in his goal crease, and a goal is scored, the goal will be
disallowed.
69.4 Contact Outside the Goal Crease - If an attacking player initiates
any contact with a goalkeeper, other than incidental contact, while the
goalkeeper is outside his goal crease, and a goal is scored, the goal
will be disallowed.
Did Scrivens embellish? Price-lessly so, I'm surprised medical staff didn't Carey him from the ice.

Is it too much to ask people to know the rules that they are commenting on?

Zach got PP time with the twins subbing for Edler on the 1st unit. At least one of the shifts was because Edler was on the ice for a long shift when the Oiler penalty was called. Right shots Verbata, Weber, and Kassian to set up off the twins cycle.
Last edited by Topper on Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

This quote from HFBoards cracked me up:

Ryan Miller tried his best to lose that game, but against the Oilers he had no chance.

If you want to get depressed...head on over and have a read. Makes our complaints feel...lame
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

:lol:
Benjo wrote:Next time Hansen has a breakaway he should just flip it into the corner and get the fuck off the ice.
Benjo wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:Is anyone confident of a goal when Hansen gets a breakaway?

Does being confident that he won't score count? I think back to the 4-5 breakaways he had in the finals and I don't think he scored on a single one.
sagebrush wrote:When Bonino, Vrbata, Daniel et all get a break away - it's exciting.

When Hansen gets one - it's comic relief. I wish him the best, but ... it is what it is.
givemeda411 wrote:That's Hansen's 3rd break away he failed to score on....might be time to replace him.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.