GDT: Anaheim @ Vancouver - 7:00PM PDT

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Anaheim @ Vancouver - 7:00PM PDT

Post by Meds »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Mëds wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Are those fire Gilles chants?
I was just gonna ask that. I couldn't really tell.....almost sounded like "blow it up.....blow it up.....".

Tragic that in a do or die game the team was only able to muster 9 shots on goal through 2 periods.

Apparently it was Fire Gilles. He apparently left his box when the chants started. Can't wait until he is asked about it. Torts claimed he didn't hear the chants :mrgreen:
Yeah, just read that on SNET. Those are blind fans who don't truly recognize the limitations Gillis has worked under for the last 2 seasons.

The only thing I can truly find fault with in Gillis' dealings and re-signings is the NTC's and extensions he has handed out since the end of the 2012 campaign.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

How long till we hear about ownership's decision on the luggage eyed goatie anyway?

Then when will potzie and the fonz emerge from a three day marathon meeting in Palm Springs to hug and hold hands.

The reset is in full swing now baby !

....hey where is that rumsfeller these days ? He would have something colourful to say right now...
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

ukcanuck wrote:How long till we hear about ownership's decision on the luggage eyed goatie anyway?

Then when will potzie and the fonz emerge from a three day marathon meeting in Palm Springs to hug and hold hands.

The reset is in full swing now baby !

....hey where is that rumsfeller these days ? He would have something colourful to say right now...

I guess that depends upon the confidence they have in him at the draft. But given the Aquas past history, if they are inclined towards firing MG they will already have a replacement in mind and they will move quickly, or as soon as they have the replacement lined up.

With Noinis they already had MG lined up and moved quickly, and then went through their pretend interviews. With Torts they were already talking about him as an AV replacement before they fired AV and before the NYR were eliminated from the playoffs.

So I see no reason to think this will be handled any differently. They usually hold their season ending reviews 10-15 days from when the lockers are cleared out, about 1-2 weeks after the exit interviews with the players are done. But if they are going that route they may have to wait for other teams to be eliminated and if candidates are under contract they may have to wait even longer to get permission to speak to candidates. It is not unusually for teams to not grant permission until after the draft so secrets are not divulged.

Of course if they are going after another "team player" they may already have a candidate lined up. If they are going the fire the coach route they will probably wait until after MG has his year end review which historically is about 2 weeks after they are done playing so that could be a quicker process.

So I would not expect anything for at least 3-4 weeks from now, at the earliest. If they don't trust MG to do the draft they may move quicker but a replacement may take longer, unless it is another off the board approach like MG was.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Well I got that one wrong!!
The only HW the Canucks need