Canucks vs Rangers at 7:00 on TSN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Canucks vs Rangers at 7:00 on TSN

Post by Strangelove »

ImageImage

Daniel - Kesler - Burrows
Higgins - Matthias - Jensen
Booth - Richardson - Kassian
Sestito - Schroeder - Hansen

Hamhuis - Garrison
Edler - Bieksa
Stanton - Weber

Lack

VS

Carcillo - Stepan - Nash
Hagelin - Richards - St. Louis
Pouliot - Brassard - Zuccarello
Boyle - Moore - Dorsett

McDonagh - Girardi
Staal - Stralman
Diaz - Klein

Lundqvist

FIRST MUST WIN OF THE SEASON

GO CANUCKS GO!

GO CANUCKS GO!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

:towel: :wave: :towel:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: Canucks vs Rangers at 7:00 on TSN

Post by Hockey Widow »

A loss tonight will pretty well do it. Especially if Phoenix wins.
The only HW the Canucks need
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Alex Edler....

You deserve a new home.

Set Alex free!!!
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

There simply is no 4th line on this team. They can't even play 30 seconds against the other team's 4th line without giving up chances or taking a penalty. There's no choice but to overplay everyone else.

I've questioned why Sestito is even in the line-up on most nights and Schroeder is always going to have problems in the NHL as a center.

Edit: Way to go Tom.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
CC Veteran

Post by Sticky »

That goal is 100% on Kesler... For handing Edler his stick, with the expectation that he would use it.

Seriously though... Kesler almost cut off the pass with his hand... Probably could have had it if he hadn't wasted his stick on Edler.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Sticky wrote:That goal is 100% on Kesler... For handing Edler his stick, with the expectation that he would use it.

Seriously though... Kesler almost cut off the pass with his hand... Probably could have had it if he hadn't wasted his stick on Edler.
Agreed, Edler is HORRIBLE.

Really starting to make me puke...
____
Try to focus on someday.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Hank wrote:There simply is no 4th line on this team. They can't even play 30 seconds against the other team's 4th line without giving up chances or taking a penalty. There's no choice but to overplay everyone else.

I've questioned why Sestito is even in the line-up on most nights and Schroeder is always going to have problems in the NHL as a center.

You deserve Image one Sestito for your anti-Sestito comments.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Alex Edler is the reason why this team sucks.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hank wrote:There simply is no 4th line on this team. They can't even play 30 seconds against the other team's 4th line without giving up chances or taking a penalty. There's no choice but to overplay everyone else.

its pure genius playing Jensen with Sestito on the 4th line. Sestito did score 40 goals in the OHL one season, he may find his scoring touch again
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

RoyalDude wrote:Alex Edler is the reason why this team sucks.
Edler is a major reason why this team sucks. Playing this system requires some edge and hockey intelligence... something quite a few on this team seriously lack.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hank wrote:
Edler is a major reason why this team sucks. Playing this system requires some edge and hockey intelligence... something quite a few on this team seriously lack.
I know! That's what I said. I blame the plague on him, too!
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote:

its pure genius playing Jensen with Sestito on the 4th line. Sestito did score 40 goals in the OHL one season, he may find his scoring touch again
4th line? I'd take a second line in a heartbeat!
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

RoyalDude wrote:
Hank wrote:
I know! That's what I said. I blame the plague on him, too!
Maybe not the plague but wouldn't surprise me if the measles outbreak was due to his crap play.

Some of you guys went on about Ballard's minor hiccups while playing a minor role and minutes. This is Edler's third straight year of making boneheaded, egregious mistakes game after game. Big minutes with a large number of fuck-ups every night is not a recipe for success. Why not double up on that and pair him with another high-minute hockey genius in Bieksa? What, you mean someone actually thought that was a good idea?

This guy has to go... for his own sake. There is no reclamation.

Fuck me. I am a broken man. Broken by a minor league hockey team.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I wonder if Blobby JaegerBombs still blames the Canucks woes on Giggles Vigneault?
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Lundquist looks like he has a pair of balls on his chin. Seriously, look at a close up of his mask.
The only HW the Canucks need