Nashville @ Vancouver 7:00 PM PT FS-TN,SNET-P

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Nashville @ Vancouver 7:00 PM PT FS-TN,SNET-P

Post by rats19 »

Last 10: Nashville 4-6-0; Vancouver 3-6-1

Season series: It's the third and final game of the season between the Nashville Predators and Vancouver Canucks. The road team has won each of the first two. Nashville's 2-1 victory at Rogers Arena ended a four-game losing streak to the Canucks.

Big story: Each team is watching its hopes of making the Stanley Cup Playoffs fade away. Vancouver is back home after a 4-3 road loss to the Tampa Bay Lightning and begins the night five points out of the second wild-card position in the Western Conference. The Predators are eight points out of a playoff berth after being routed by the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday.

Team Scope:

Predators: The best thing about the 5-1 loss to the Oilers is that coach Barry Trotz and his players won't have much time to dwell on it.

"We had a lot of no-shows, guys that didn't play to their capabilities and that's not good enough for us," coach Barry Trotz said.

Nashville trailed 1-0 after one period and 3-1 after two; Jordan Eberle added two goals in the third period to send starting goaltender Pekka Rinne to the bench after allowing five goals on 26 shots.

"It was obviously not the best game for myself," Rinne said. "I'm disappointed for sure. It's the way it goes I guess once in a while, but it's not acceptable. It's a little bit embarrassing too."

Canucks: The loss to the Lightning was another nail in the coffin of Vancouver's hopes for a sixth straight trip to the playoffs. Part of the problem has been that rookie goaltender Eddie Lack, who was terrific as a backup for Roberto Luongo, has struggled since becoming the starter following the trade that sent Luongo to the Florida Panthers.

Lack's goals-against average in seven games since the trade is 3.68. His save percentage is .862.

Despite Lack's struggles, coach John Tortorella says he still has confidence in Lack. Tortorella has yet to start Jacob Markstrom, who came from Florida in the Luongo trade.

"This is part of his development as far as being a No. 1 – to understand some of the workload it's going to take," Tortorella told the media when asked about Lack. "It's going to take some time, but we feel he has the ability and we're going to go through the process with him."

Who's hot: Defenseman Shea Weber has a goal and four points in Nashville's past four games … Canucks forward Alexandre Burrows, who went without a goal in his first 35 games this season, has five in his past five games. That includes two in the third period at Tampa Bay.

Injury report: The Canucks are missing defensemen Christopher Tanev (hand) and Andrew Alberts (concussion), centers Ryan Kesler (knee) and Mike Santorelli (season-ending shoulder surgery), and first-line left wing Daniel Sedin (knee).

GCG :rockin: :wave: :towel:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Nashville @ Vancouver 7:00 PM PT FS-TN,SNET-P

Post by SKYO »

Finally a 7pm start! Image

Just going to enjoy watching the new guys play, mathematically we are almost eliminated, yes I know for moral and everything winning will help, but really if we are going to miss the playoffs, I'd rather the team not almost make it and we are left with a mediocre pick.

I'm not saying tank the season, but they should tank the season, they won't/but should, as with a piss poor defense, hardly any snipers, a lot of 3rd line plugs, a rookie goalie, it's almost a given we'll be playing .300 hockey from here on out...until next season when we inject steroids into every player and brute force Peter Twist to come back to be our trainer again..http://www.twistconditioning.com/about/ ... resume.asp
Last edited by SKYO on Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Why is Markstrom not playing?

Isn't now the time to see what unproven players have to offer? (This is essentially our 2014/15 pre season).

We pretty much know what to expect from Lack. Good goaltending 85% of the time.

How about throwing Markstrom a bone eh Torts?
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

mathonwy wrote:We pretty much know what to expect from Lack. Good goaltending 85% of the time.
Mathonwy,

Although the last thing I want to do on here is question the intelligence of guys like you and Mëds, your comment is just really silly.

"We pretty much know what to expect from Lack.".

LOL. He's been our starting goaltender for what? 6 games. Let's give the guy a bigger sample size (I.e. More than 6 friggin games) before casting judgement upon thee. Markstrom will get his chance soon enough.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The Brown Knight wrote:
mathonwy wrote:We pretty much know what to expect from Lack. Good goaltending 85% of the time.
Mathonwy,

Although the last thing I want to do on here is question the intelligence of guys like you and Mëds, your comment is just really silly.
There are no questions to ask about their intelligence. It is like asking about the matter in a perfect vacuum.

I am beginning to believe Mathowny is the latest handle of Lil' Bitchelli.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

mathonwy wrote:Why is Markstrom not playing?

Isn't now the time to see what unproven players have to offer? (This is essentially our 2014/15 pre season).

Again, the Canucks don't like Jacob's positioning and have not had a chance to work with him enough to turn a game over to him. As long as the Canucks are still mathematically in the playoff hunt Torts has said he will run with Lack. Torts, the same guy that went with Lack over Luongo because he felt that gave the team the best chance to get points isn't going to suddenly turn the game over to the new guy.

Lack will start, he is the new number one. Simple.
The only HW the Canucks need
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Pretty boring game so far.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Tempo has picked up since I posted the above.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

You know it was a boring period when there were no posts during the intermission.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Scoring seems to work...kill this pp then score....please
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

theman wrote:You know it was a boring period when there were no posts during the intermission.
Nah.....everyone here is just resigned to the fact that we aren't making the playoffs, but we're gonna win enough to finish 9th or 10th and therefore not get a decent draft pick.

So nobody cares. :P
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

rats19 wrote:Scoring seems to work...kill this pp then score....please
I say rats.....Why not do both at the same time eh wot?
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Mëds...we did last game...came oh so close right there too
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

This team desperately needs a goal.

*fixed it*
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Hockey Widow wrote:
mathonwy wrote:Why is Markstrom not playing?

Again, the Canucks don't like Jacob's positioning and have not had a chance to work with him enough to turn a game over to him. As long as the Canucks are still mathematically in the playoff hunt Torts has said he will run with Lack. Torts, the same guy that went with Lack over Luongo because he felt that gave the team the best chance to get points isn't going to suddenly turn the game over to the new guy.

Lack will start, he is the new number one. Simple.
Must have missed that. Thank you kindly.