GDT: Canucks vs. Luongo 12PM PST, SNETP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT: Canucks vs. Luongo 12PM PST, SNETP

Post by mathonwy »

Topper wrote:
BurningBeard wrote:
Topper wrote:and do away with guaranteed contracts.
I wonder if the NHL brass would think it's worth it, for the price of another lost season.
I mentioned it during the last negotiations.

I probably follow the NFL more than the NHL since the lockout and this years free agency has been great entertainment.

But can you imagine GMMG having ability to cut Booth, sit down with Burrows and force a renegotiation.....
Care to give a synopsis of how the CBA works in the NFL compared to the NHL?

I'm legitimately interested.

No worries if not.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Topper wrote:
BurningBeard wrote:
Topper wrote:and do away with guaranteed contracts.
I wonder if the NHL brass would think it's worth it, for the price of another lost season.
I mentioned it during the last negotiations.

I probably follow the NFL more than the NHL since the lockout and this years free agency has been great entertainment.

But can you imagine GMMG having ability to cut Booth, sit down with Burrows and force a renegotiation.....

They should never have done away with the ability to renegotiate contracts. Imagine how much better off we and Luongo would have been had we been able to renegotiate.
The only HW the Canucks need
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Hockey Widow wrote:

They should never have done away with the ability to renegotiate contracts. Imagine how much better off we and Luongo would have been had we been able to renegotiate.
I was thinking the same thing HW. I still think there is a serious player management issue here at the Canucks and that's on Mike Gillis. However, that aside, if we had the ability to renegotiate Luo's contract to something that doesn't create a cap recapture penalty for the team, chances are we'd still have Luo.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

dbr wrote:If the Flames weren't comically mismanaged over this period you might be looking at a blueline with Giordano, Phaneuf, Bouwmeester, Gardiner, Gormley, Maata or any number of other possibilities that would make them a significantly better team right now and in the future.
yup horribly mismanaged.

speaking of maata, I think Honka could be the future maata, steal of dman in the 1st round.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

SKYO wrote:
dbr wrote:If the Flames weren't comically mismanaged over this period you might be looking at a blueline with Giordano, Phaneuf, Bouwmeester, Gardiner, Gormley, Maata or any number of other possibilities that would make them a significantly better team right now and in the future.
yup horribly mismanaged.

speaking of maata, I think Honka could be the future maata, steal of dman in the 1st round.
We'll see in a few years.

And then you'll able be to tell us "I told you so" and give yourself a nice pat on the back.

Quoting yourself is always good. I do that from time to time. :mrgreen:
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

mathonwy wrote:
SKYO wrote: yup horribly mismanaged.

We'll see in a few years.

And then you'll able be to tell us "I told you so" and give yourself a nice pat on the back.

Quoting yourself is always good. I do that from time to time. :mrgreen:
yup the thinker taught us that years ago yo. haha
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.