GDT: Cannots @ Laughs - 15:00PST CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Cannots @ Laughs - 15:00PST CBC

Post by Meds »

This team just cannot play a good game, and they always manage to fuck things up in the third period.

Bad bounce, but still, another goal into our own net off of Edler.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

This is crap....see how we fair after the break and healthier .
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

I am tired of this core, a couple years past their prime and with no prospects playing on the team yet?
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Mondi wrote:This team blow. But, the defenders on this website will spin this one soon.

Getting crushed again, without even threatening to score a legitimate goal.
Yeah, that's the worst part about this team right now. They don't even threaten to score. Everything goes round the outside and then reversed as they try to set up the point shot.....which never gets through.

Schroeder and Kassian are the only ones to show any real creativity, and Kassian looks to be losing that creative edge as he's being indoctrinated into the boring Canucks offense.

That would have been an easy shutout for Bernier if not for a bad bounce off of his own defenseman.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Eighteen days until anyone has to watch this team play again.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Sigh.... this team may have lost a step and is dealing with injuries , but there's no reason to be this bad.

Right?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cornuck wrote:Sigh.... this team may have lost a step and is dealing with injuries , but there's no reason to be this bad.

Right?
Yes there is a reason - Mike Gillis "It's about the process"

Mike is safe though, he has his good buddy Tony Gallagher to drum up excuses for him
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mondi wrote:Remember when Gillis won GM of the year? ...whatever.
With a core he inherited. But now that the core is becoming old hat and that he hasn't added any significant core pieces to the forward group we find ourselves no longer playing at an elite level. Nice work Mike
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Anyhow we keep this up we very well could me up drafting Reinhart, Ekblad, Bennett, Draisaitl, Ritchie, Dall Colle
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Mondi wrote:Who knows what the fuck is up with Daniel and Burrows.
The Daniel, Schroeder, Burrows line was the only one that wasn't minus on the night (excepting a 4th line that played 6min).

The team keeps running out of gas by the middle of the game. Too many guys out of the line up for too long. Not to excuse Gillis - he's the reason the team isn't deeper.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

dbr wrote:Eighteen days until anyone has to watch this team play again.
I think that's the good part, right??? :scowl:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mondi wrote: I think Torts is an average (or slightly above) coach with a below average team (given the almost unbelievable injuries), and a below average GM.
I'm starting to have my doubts about Torts, he gets old pretty quick. The way Hartly dangled the carrot and Torts fell for it tells you how much of an idiot he is. A normal coach with a head on his shoulders would have dressed the twins rendering Hartleys plan useless, but Torts is too stupid for that.

Gillis is really fucking this organization over from the big club to that Shute farm team we have playing out of some toilet out east. It's all about the process
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

dbr wrote:Eighteen days until anyone has to wash their sheets again.
fyp.

The urine crew is hopefully going to take an Olympic breather. Though I'm sure one tranny lover will be all over Team Canada after the first goal against. USA !!! USA!! USA!!
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

RoyalDude wrote:I'm starting to have my doubts about Torts, he gets old pretty quick. The way Hartly dangled the carrot and Torts fell for it tells you how much of an idiot he is. A normal coach with a head on his shoulders would have dressed the twins rendering Hartleys plan useless, but Torts is too stupid for that.
True dat. Come to think of it, if Torts felt those guys were going to jump the twins, Torts could have just played some expendable players. Maybe put 1 fighter (Sestito) out there and add in Richardson-Boothy.

Nice to see MayRay score a goal, but unfortunately it was on us. :cry: U know it must have felt good for him to get that 1, big goal too. He has 16Gs on the year now, that's more than Dank. :oops: Will Dank even get 20Gs this year? Pretty bad for a player who plays 1st line minutes and 1st line PP every nite. Anyways, nice to see MayRay get his career back on the right track, he's also playing with better players and a better team, which helps a lot.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mondi wrote:This team blow.
RoyalDude wrote: Gillis is really fucking this organization over from the big club to that Shute farm team we have playing out of some toilet out east. It's all about the process
O ye of little faith....
____
Try to focus on someday.