GDT: Canucks @ canes - Jan 15 - 10am! SNP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks @ canes - Jan 15 - 10am! SNP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:21 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:02 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:27 am Throw a punch Horvat for fuck sakes. Trevor Linden all over again. Why can’t we ever have a hard nosed mean prick for a captain?
I missed the game what happened? Did Bo take a page out of Trevor Lindens fighting book. :lol:
Svechnikov buried Garland. Horvat shoved him and put him in a headlock. I want to see the captain plug the guy in the grill right there.
Headlock? More like a huglock. Whispering sweet nothings.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Bo Gyllenhaled Svechnikov's ass.

He grabbed him but didn't know how to quit him.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I’d like to see a captain hit to hurt in an instance like that
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Carl Yagro wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:34 pm Bo Gyllenhaled Svechnikov's ass.

I've read and reread it a few times and still can't figure out what the fuck it means lol
If you need air...call it in
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:34 pm
Carl Yagro wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:34 pm Bo Gyllenhaled Svechnikov's ass.

I've read and reread it a few times and still can't figure out what the fuck it means lol
Don't worry. You're not gay if you figure it out.

(Actually makes no sense to me either lol)
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Oh don't lie, you Brokeback cowboys... You know exactly what's going on.

I don't want to post gifs and quotes from the movie to get Gomes all agitated and excited.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

5thhorseman wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:24 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:27 am Throw a punch Horvat for fuck sakes. Trevor Linden all over again. Why can’t we ever have a hard nosed mean prick for a captain?
I missed the game what happened? Did Bo take a page out of Trevor Lindens fighting book. :lol:
Svechnikov buried Garland. Horvat shoved him and put him in a headlock. I want to see the captain plug the guy in the grill right there.
Bo’s leadership lost me at the Podkolzin incident when Swede OEL (for Mëds) had to skate from the other side of the rink to step in for Bo who was closest to the incident
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:23 am
Bo’s leadership lost me at the Podkolzin incident when Swede OEL (for Mëds) had to skate from the other side of the rink to step in for Bo who was closest to the incident
Yeah i am seeing that pattern now too Dude. Last night he skated into the melee seemingly with the right intentions ..... and then nothing.

Too nice of a guy. Not an asshole. Not a Miller.

It will take a brave GM to trade him though.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Miller isn’t a tough guy either. He throws the body around a bit more than Bo but he’s no fighter as witnessed by his tilt with Gudas. Bo is probably a better scrapper, just unwilling to do so. I’m not sure who to move forward with as the on ice leader of this club.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

5thhorseman wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:59 am It will take a brave GM to trade him though.
He's not abrasive enough but his position saves him from a trade. Miller has stated he is good with the permanent center role if needed but then what?
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:02 am Miller isn’t a tough guy either. He throws the body around a bit more than Bo but he’s no fighter as witnessed by his tilt with Gudas. Bo is probably a better scrapper, just unwilling to do so. I’m not sure who to move forward with as the on ice leader of this club.
Geezus H what a terrible post.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

:roll:
5thhorseman wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:59 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:23 am
Yeah i am seeing that pattern now too Dude. Last night he skated into the melee seemingly with the right intentions ..... and then nothing.

Too nice of a guy. Not an asshole. Not a Miller.

It will take a brave GM to trade him though.
It’s these 2 incidents of not sticking up for teammates with vigor setting a terrible example as “your captain” that say it all for me. Miler is the real leader of this team. I believe JR would have no problem trading Bo
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:11 am
Vin Tanner wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:02 am Miller isn’t a tough guy either. He throws the body around a bit more than Bo but he’s no fighter as witnessed by his tilt with Gudas. Bo is probably a better scrapper, just unwilling to do so. I’m not sure who to move forward with as the on ice leader of this club.
Care to dispute anything I said? Go have a ganders at Miller’s fights over the years. He isn’t a fighter at all.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Micky wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:04 am
5thhorseman wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:59 am It will take a brave GM to trade him though.
He's not abrasive enough but his position saves him from a trade. Miller has stated he is good with the permanent center role if needed but then what?
Obviously you want a center coming back in a trade, ideally younger and with more upside of course, from a team that is in win-now mode and wants a more mature established player.

So no, Bo is not safe if a brave GM wants to remake the team.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:16 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:11 am
Care to dispute anything I said? Go have a ganders at Miller’s fights over the years. He isn’t a fighter at all.
It takes nads to fight Gudas. but I could care less about his skill at fighting, it’s the fact that he has the heart to do it unlike Bo