Lapierre Signs with Blues

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Lapierre Signs with Blues

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

[quote="Diehard1"]Gillis isn't done[quote]
This is debatable.

I've now joined the Dude. Gillis sux.

With no balls in the line up and recently signing more runts, he's clearly showing us he can't see the teams problems.

Vancouver needs big players with balls to compliment the uber-soft skilled pansies currenty occupying roster slots. Until he recognizes this, prepare for more suckage
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I don't see Richardson doing anything better than Lapierre was, strictly a sideways move.

If Schroeder is 3C, the Canucks are creame puff soft.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Topper wrote:I don't see Richardson doing anything better than Lapierre was, strictly a sideways move.

Richardson is an upward diagonal move in that he doesn't have the reputation that Lap has. I don't doubt you're right that he won't do anything better on the ice though.....
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Diehard1 wrote:Gillis isn't done
This is debatable.

I've now joined the Dude. Gillis sux.
I think Gillis will try to get some depth players to fill in the holes, but I don't think he has the money to get a big name player though. If he can find a couple cheap players like how he found Rome, he'll have done a good job.

Topper wrote:I don't see Richardson doing anything better than Lapierre was, strictly a sideways move.

Yeah, I agree. Richardson probably has some more upside than Lapierre as he was a scorer in juniors, but he is smaller and probably not as gritty. With LapDawg, what u see is what u get and we know what he brings to the table: good energy player, works hard most nights, hits and ups his game in the playoffs. We know his negatives: has a bit of rep, not gifted offensively, and his game suffers if played too much. I actually don't mind all that, but I do wish he was a bit better defensively and on faceoffs. Say what u want about LapDawg, but I personally would of kept him cuz he has an edge to his game and he's a SoB to play against. I thought this team needs to get bigger and tougher to play against. He fits the bottom 6 forward positions beautifully. We were looking for a good 4th line centre for such a long time, finally found one and we let him go (a great 4th liner who can play on the 3rd line for extended periods as well). :(