MacKenzie: Corey Schneider to NJ for 9th overall pick

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: MacKenzie: Corey Schneider to NJ for 9th overall pick

Post by Chef Boi RD »

herb wrote:The Horvat trade will go down as one of the best trades in Canucks' history. By far the best trade Gillis ever made.
Both teams won the trade, purely sideways deal for both teams. We gave up a premier young elite goaltender at the time, a major asset. Who wins the trade is who puts in the most service to the team that acquired said assets, as they are both deemed equal to each other. If like how Blob is predicing, we only can sign Horvat for 4 years until his UFA eligibility, then walks, then obviously - the Devils win the trade, do to the length of service.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

You can say the Devils win the trade or you can say Benning poisoned the well and the kid didn't want to be here due to the fact the team was a garbage fire. There's multiple ways of looking at it.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:You can say the Devils win the trade

or you can say Benning poisoned the well and the kid didn't want to be here due to the fact the team was a garbage fire.

There's multiple ways of looking at it.
What do you prefer as a Canucks fan.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Eight years 6 million per
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Yup I concur, overpay slightly and get him locked up 8 years.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Is $6 M enough.

Seems low if he becomes the 60-70 point guy and the captain.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Bo's potential is certainly evident, but haven't seen enough for him to warrant north of $6.

While eight years may be enticing, you have to up the ante to buy those UFA years. And there is increased risk that comes with dishing out a term deal for $48-54, particularly when trade protection kicks in as the deal gets on.

I'd shoot for $25 over 5, or $33 over 6 year term, max!

If he turns into the player we all hope he will be, and the team enjoys success over the next 3-5 years, he'll be re-signed at a fair price anyway. Vancouver has a good track record for taking care of their Captain's.

Besides, dude's gonna get paid regardless, why put undue pressure on the kid by dropping $54mil on his shoulders?