The Goalie Market

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: The Goalie Market

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote:How does that contradict what I said about Schneids AND Luongo getting traded? Image

I know you THINK I have a problem saying I'm wrong so I'm gonna prove you wrong now.

I was wrrrrrr.... ahem... okay I was wrrrrrrrrrr.... :crazy:

Oh fuck off rookie, no one predicted this.....

A humble Doc doesn't sit well with me. It's like the blue sky all of a sudden becoming Green.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

RDP is available now. lol

"Isles team will use compliance buyout for DiPietro -- $1.5 million owed for next 16 seasons will not count against cap."
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Will be interesting to see over the next 24 hours who else is put on waivers with the intention of being bought out and next season for those teams still have compliance buy outs left.
The only HW the Canucks need
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

And it appears Emery could be re-signing with the Hawks as well http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/madhous ... 93131.html, that along with Smith re-signing, what kind of goalie market is there now?
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

SKYO wrote:And it appears Emery could be re-signing with the Hawks as well http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/madhous ... 93131.html, that along with Smith re-signing, what kind of goalie market is there now?

A lot of teams I think were banking on goalies like Smith and Emery hitting FA.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Hockey Widow wrote:
SKYO wrote:And it appears Emery could be re-signing with the Hawks as well http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/madhous ... 93131.html, that along with Smith re-signing, what kind of goalie market is there now?

I gotta say I was a little surprised to hear that Smith signed an extension. Loyalty to Sean Burke aside, I would have thought that a guy who is, allegedly, as competitive as he is would want to try and play in a market where the fans were as excited to come to the rink and watch as the players are to play.

Maybe he's got an inside track and knows that the 'Yotes won't be the 'Yotes come September.....
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Mëds wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:

I gotta say I was a little surprised to hear that Smith signed an extension. Loyalty to Sean Burke aside, I would have thought that a guy who is, allegedly, as competitive as he is would want to try and play in a market where the fans were as excited to come to the rink and watch as the players are to play.

Maybe he's got an inside track and knows that the 'Yotes won't be the 'Yotes come September.....

To me it is a guy knowing what he has and staying with it. He is who he is as a goalie because of the success in Phoenix. Why leave that when you know what you have? A lot of players moved onto greener pastures never to have the same success again.

IU'm more surprised Emery didn't want to test FA.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mëds wrote: Maybe he's got an inside track and knows that the 'Yotes won't be the 'Yotes come September.....
Well he's building a house in Phoenix so maybe he's got an inside track and knows that the 'Yotes WILL be the 'Yotes.
____
Try to focus on someday.
$lacker
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by $lacker »

Ironic that had GMMG waited a week or two he may have actually gotten a better return for CS.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

$lacker wrote:Ironic that had GMMG waited a week or two he may have actually gotten a better return for CS.
Doubt it...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

$lacker wrote:Ironic that had GMMG waited a week or two he may have actually gotten a better return for CS.

No because as soon as the buy out window closed we would have two goalies, no cap space and have to move one of them.

By making the trade and waiving Ballard we now have just over 8 million to spend in the up coming FA period. Waiting as week or two was not an option.
ORCA
CC Veteran

Post by ORCA »

Strangelove wrote:
Mëds wrote: Maybe he's got an inside track and knows that the 'Yotes won't be the 'Yotes come September.....
Well he's building a house in Phoenix so maybe he's got an inside track and knows that the 'Yotes WILL be the 'Yotes.
Cheap golf. Cheap everything. Zero accountability in a dead market. Why would you leave Phoenix if you didn't have to?
Slackers paradise.
~Your Friendly Neighborhood Killer Whale
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Anyone else note that Mike Smith's extension expires at the same time as Dave Tippett's?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Strangelove wrote:
Annnnd Strangelove is right again.

*catches Topper's evil eye* :crazy:

Speaking of Topper and yours truly, yours truly will be heading to Topper Country for 4/5 days in the morning.

Gonna miss all the free agent fun on these boards! :(
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Annnnd Strangelove is right again.
It's tragic. It really is.

Not that you're right.....but that you're right about this.