Daddy needs a new pair of shoes, so buy me out baby...

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: Daddy needs a new pair of shoes, so buy me out baby...

Post by Topper »

SKYO wrote:iirc the Booth - Kesler - Higgins line was playing really well together,
Great short term memory Skyo. What nanosecond were all three healthy?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Daddy needs a new pair of shoes, so buy me out baby...

Post by SKYO »

Topper wrote:
SKYO wrote:iirc the Booth - Kesler - Higgins line was playing really well together,
Great short term memory Skyo. What nanosecond were all three healthy?
Yeah unfortunately health is the main concern regarding Kesler and Booth.

For the bored canucks fans out there haha, here is a coupla interesting articles of the AMEX line.

"Booth knows Kesler and fellow American Higgins very well. He was a teammate of Higgins’ for part of last season with the Panthers and grew up playing minor hockey in the Detroit area with Kesler.

Kesler and Booth go way back. They played a couple of years of minor hockey together in their early teens and then were teammates on the U.S. developmental squad and played on the same world junior team.

“I’ve been on so many championships with him,” Booth said. “I’m really looking forward to it because he’s a champion and a great leader.”

“He has scored 30 in this league before so obviously he’s a pretty good player,” added Kesler.

“He just brings that speed and grit and it’s another deadly shot on our line.”

Higgins was Booth’s teammate in Florida last season before he was dealt to the Canucks at the trade deadline. He thinks Booth’s speed may be his biggest asset to the line.

“He’s super fast,” Higgins said. “He’s going to leave me behind, that’s for sure. He’s that fast. He’s a powerful skater, he’s low to the ice and generates a lot of speed very quickly, so it’s tough for a defence to handle that kind of speed.”

Higgins, whose career seemed to be resuscitated when he joined the Canucks, thinks Booth will also benefit from playing with better players than he did in Florida.

“That’s the fun part of playing with this team,” Higgins said.

“You realize when you come here after playing a couple of games, it’s like, wow, you have the puck a lot and you enjoy having the puck and you can make some plays and he is certainly capable of doing that. So we are excited.”
~Brad Ziemer
Vancouver Sun
http://bit.ly/17PDiOf

----

Some observations this year: http://canucksarmy.com/2013/3/20/tale-o ... n-the-wing

It's no secret that the Vancouver Canucks have missed the services of their two best play-driving forwards, Ryan Kesler and David Booth, this season. The two American power forwards have combined to play just 19 games thus far this season, leaving a big void on the second line.

To the surprise of no one, the Canucks have had a tough time finding the back of the net as a result. While the team has actually been able to sustain a dominant puck-possession game, but it just currently doesn't boast the offensive artillery to capitalize on it.

So we know just how much the Canucks as a team have missed them. But one player in particular has missed their services the most, and has found himself in a world of hurt as a result.

In November, I wrote a glowing article about Chris Higgins where I did everything but personally shine his abs. His play had warranted it.

Every team needs a Higgins of their own to get the job done under the radar. He was able to register 43 points in 71 games, fired 2.3 shots on goal/game, and led the Canucks in scoring chances/60 when adusted for zone starts. He was able to register 43 points in 71 games, fired 2.3 shots on goal/game, and led the Canucks in scoring chances/60 when adusted for zone starts. He played a large chunk of his 5v5 minutes with some combination of Ryan Kesler (56.0%), Jannik Hansen (41.3%), and David Booth (26.8%).

When the AMEX line was in action, they crushed to the tune of a corsi rate exceeding 60%. A thing of beauty, really.

Unfortunately for Higgins, his running mates have left him hanging this season. His most common linemates have been Hansen (55.9%), Kassian (28.4%), and Lapierre (27.2%). Let's take a look at how he has fared:

Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.