2013 Stanley Cup Finals Boston vs. Chicago

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: 2013 Stanley Cup Finals Boston vs. Chicago

Post by Topper »

Go Bruins!
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Topper wrote:Go Bruins!
I like the Bruins, the way the play...Would love to have about half their line-up in a Canuck uni, i.e. Marchand, Bergeron, Lucic, Chara, Thornton, Krejci, Horton, Seguin, Rask, McQuaid
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Arachnid wrote:Yeah we all hate Boston but for what reason? They made a decision to win it at all costs and do anything...let's face it we are all mad at our team for not having the same attitude...I don't want them to win, I don't want the arrogant cHawks to win either but in the end the asshole Bruins will prevail :?

Everybody around here is a overdosing on Bitter Pills, suck it up buttercups and tip your hats to these two teams making it to the finals, it's a fucking war of attrition, it's a blood bath, you need to play on the edge of dirty to get there. Wasn't this how the NHL was built? Do we really want the refs to be calling every fucking thing taking the life out of the game. I'm with Cherry, park the fucking whistles in the pocket and let these assholes go to war, it's fucking hockey, not cricket.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

dbr wrote:I don't care who wins, I'm just hoping to see a Duncan Keith deliver a flying elbow to Marchand, followed by swift and terrible vengeance and the hands of someone like Chara or Lucic.
I could live with that. :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote:
Arachnid wrote:Yeah we all hate Boston but for what reason? They made a decision to win it at all costs and do anything...let's face it we are all mad at our team for not having the same attitude...I don't want them to win, I don't want the arrogant cHawks to win either but in the end the asshole Bruins will prevail :?

Everybody around here is a overdosing on Bitter Pills, suck it up buttercups and tip your hats to these two teams making it to the finals, it's a fucking war of attrition, it's a blood bath, you need to play on the edge of dirty to get there. Wasn't this how the NHL was built? Do we really want the refs to be calling every fucking thing taking the life out of the game. I'm with Cherry, park the fucking whistles in the pocket and let these assholes go to war, it's fucking hockey, not cricket.
Yup, you're both right. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

RoyalDude wrote:
Topper wrote:Go Bruins!
I like the Bruins, the way the play...Would love to have about half their line-up in a Canuck uni, i.e. Marchand, Bergeron, Lucic, Chara, Thornton, Krejci, Horton, Seguin, Rask, McQuaid
Why don't you just move to their fan site then? Pretty clear there's no one on Vancouver's roster you like - until they're gone, that is. :roll:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

I'm just looking forward to some good hockey, I think this one is gonna be an awesome final .

Boston in 7 games...

Rask with the conn smythe
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

[quote="ukcanuck"][/quote]

If deserving, I'd like to see Bergeron get it.
2011..... the one that got away.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Lancer wrote:
Why don't you just move to their fan site then? Pretty clear there's no one on Vancouver's roster you like - until they're gone, that is. :roll:
I bleed Canuck Blue through and through, Lancer. I am also a fan of the game. I see nothing wrong with appreciating the way a certain team plays. Don't be put off that I ain't the homer that you are.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

RoyalDude wrote:I bleed Canuck Blue through and through, Lancer.
You just have one of the oddest, most bizarre ways of expressing it of anyone I've met here. :P

Hate the League.
volsungr
CC Veteran

Post by volsungr »

1919 or 2005
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Lancer wrote:
You just have one of the oddest, most bizarre ways of expressing it of anyone I've met here. :P
Lance...I think you guys highly overrate the GM here. I am simply of the opinion that the Players Agent with the unwarranted arrogance with no experience as a GM prior to getting the job here is not the man for the job. I think he will go down as one of the worst GM's this team has seen since Jack Gordon.

I love this team and because of that does that mean, like you guys, I have to love the GM right or wrong? That line of thinking is bizarro world to me Lance.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

RoyalDude wrote:
Lancer wrote:
Lance...I think you guys highly overrate the GM here. I am simply of the opinion that the Players Agent with the unwarranted arrogance with no experience as a GM prior to getting the job here is not the man for the job. I think he will go down as one of the worst GM's this team has seen since Jack Gordon.

I love this team and because of that does that mean, like you guys, I have to love the GM right or wrong? That line of thinking is bizarro world to me Lance.
I agree you can hate the GM and love the team and some days I almost believe that you do, but dude you have consistently failed to make a case for the title worst GM since Gordon.
You want it to be true so you make evidence up, rely on hyperbole, and most heinous of all, you ignore the superposition of his actions completely.

Gillis has not won a cup and he did not put this core into place, and he has not shown he can build a team from the ground up, but he has not fucked it up either. The canucks are as close to winning a cup now as they were 5 years ago.

Jack Gordon wasn't even in the same universe as the Stanley cup.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

RoyalDude wrote:
Lancer wrote:

There's being critical of a GM, and then there's you're over-the-top crusade against the man - to the point where it's apparent that you would rather see the team whose colours you say you bleed absolutely fail so you can drive Gillis to the airport in Gollum-like glee, rather than cheer for them to win. You wanna talk about bizarro world??? Seriously, your hatred of the man is striking.

By no means am I uncritical of Gillis, and never have I been. He's made some questionable decisions - as have just about every other GM in history. He hasn't won a cup yet, like a good number of other competent GMs in the league. Will he? I hope so, for the good of a team I cheer for. Will I cry if he gets fired? No, especially if his moves from here on in don't position this team well enough to viably compete for the Cup through the medium- to long-term. Jury's still out this summer, but as UKCanuck said he's presided over some of the most successful years in the club's history.

...but go ahead and cheer on those fine, upstanding league favourite Bruins if it somehow vindicates your hatred of Gillis. I guess you have to contrive your evidence somehow. :roll:

As for me, at this time I could care less to whom the league decides to hand the Cup this year. There is no one left worthy of cheering.

Hate the League.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Captain invisible is going to take a beating. Can't wait to see Kane choking on his mouth guard. Before they played Vancouver, Boston was my favorite team out East, and Chara has always been one of my favorite players. Regardless of my preference, I'm tempted to predict that Chicago is going be embarrassed.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.