Around the League

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the League

Post by SKYO »

Well at least Duncan Keith now has a reputation as a dirty player, up there with Matt Cooke, Torres, Eager, Kaleta, Lucic and Trevor Gillies. :D
Shame with all that talent he has that wicked little temper where he intentially head hunts to inflict some potentially serious damage.

"ησт тнє ƒιяѕт тιмє
The hit on Jeff Carter wasn't the first dirty "accidental" one-handed high stick involving Duncan Keith."

http://video.tsn.ca/?dl=pipe42/latest/1/0/941879/clip/0
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Oilers fire coach Krueger today, many speculate the hiring of Dallas Eakins in the next few days, unless Gillis get's him first (then GM of the year ensues. :mrgreen: )
as
@News1130Sports
Oilers GM Craig MacTavish says he is close with a head coach candidate but has no deal in place yet
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO wrote:Well at least Duncan Keith now has a reputation as a dirty player, up there with Matt Cooke, Torres, Eager, Kaleta, Lucic and Trevor Gillies. :D
S
I'd take two of those players BACK in a heart beat - Cooke and Torres

Matt Cooke was the only Penguin player that had any life in the Boston series. Probably their best player in that series to be honest
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

I definitely wouldn't want Cooke back but I have to say RD... of all the intravenous drug users on this board, you make the most sense.

Torres would have been useful against the Sharks but let's face it, if they're gonna call that OT hit on Danny then an Orca-clad Torres would've been in the box all series long.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

RoyalDude wrote:
SKYO wrote:Well at least Duncan Keith now has a reputation as a dirty player, up there with Matt Cooke, Torres, Eager, Kaleta, Lucic and Trevor Gillies. :D
S
I'd take two of those players BACK in a heart beat - Cooke and Torres
I wonder how many Lucic jersey's would be sold if he got traded to Van. :o
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

"-David Pagnotta

The tentative lease agreement bw city of Glendale + RSE will b presented to city council on Tuesday, upon which its expected to get approved.

The "approved" agreement will be formally presented at the June 25 Glendale council meeting... Once council signs off, it'll be official."

I wonder how that would affect the Tippett situation?
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

SKYO wrote:I wonder how many Lucic jersey's would be sold if he got traded to Van. :o
I've got a hunch it would be quite a few.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

So it sounds like Alain Vigneault is to be named head coach for the NYR, Messier could be in the mix.

If Tippett is staying in Phx, either Torts or Stevens will probably be the Canucks coach.

And I bet that Gulutzan guy or Arniel will be coaching Utica imo.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

SKYO wrote:So it sounds like Alain Vigneault is to be named head coach for the NYR, Messier could be in the mix.

If Tippett is staying in Phx, either Torts or Stevens will probably be the Canucks coach.

Yeah a couple "sources" at ESPN are saying its a done deal for AV.. Good luck to him :)
and its a bonus that he stuck it to Messier's hopes :)
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Tiger wrote:
SKYO wrote:So it sounds like Alain Vigneault is to be named head coach for the NYR, Messier could be in the mix.

Yeah a couple "sources" at ESPN are saying its a done deal for AV.. Good luck to him :)
and its a bonus that he stuck it to Messier's hopes :)
haha some were saying maybe Messier could an assistant coach to AV? :o
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

AV must love the idea of coaching an original-six US team.

No more OT Sedin Specials.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Rumsfeld wrote:AV must love the idea of coaching an original-six US team.

No more OT Sedin Specials.
Now AV has a true superstar in Rick Nash, wonder how he'll coach him?
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Ah yes the SUPERSTAR Rick Nash who has topped 70 points just once in his 10 year career. He sure is exciting that once every game when he tries to dance through all 5 defenders to almost score but typically lose the puck. He's a good player but superstar? Nah. I don't think that is a label he has earned.

How will AV coach him? Likely the same way he does all wingers...play defense or get benched.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

tantalum wrote:Ah yes the SUPERSTAR Rick Nash who has topped 70 points just once in his 10 year career. He sure is exciting that once every game when he tries to dance through all 5 defenders to almost score but typically lose the puck. He's a good player but superstar? Nah. I don't think that is a label he has earned.

How will AV coach him? Likely the same way he does all wingers...play defense or get benched.
lol it was a tongue in cheek post, but yeah I see him moving Nash all over the place if they can't start scoring for whatever reason.

I seen this line up posted in playoffs, for what AV will be coaching next season, obviously will be some changes.

Carl Hagelin - Derek Stepan - Ryan Callahan (C)
Rick Nash - Derick Brassard - Mats Zuccarello
Taylor Pyatt - Brian Boyle - Derek Dorsett
Chris Kreider - Brad Richards!? - Arron Asham

Ryan McDonagh - Anton Stralman
Michael Del Zotto - Dan Girardi
John Moore - Steve Eminger

King Henrik
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Oh I know it was tongue in cheek..... it just makes me shake my head that a good chunk of people actually believe that.