Coaches canned

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Coaches canned

Post by rats19 »

Reefer2 wrote:put me in the camp that unless there are changes to the lineup, changing the coach will not make this team a SC favorite.
Welcome to the entire fan base thoughts
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

rats19 wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:put me in the camp that unless there are changes to the lineup, changing the coach will not make this team a SC favorite.
Camp is getting full.

Going to need more supplies... could be a very long winter.
2011..... the one that got away.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Eddy Punch Clock wrote:
rats19 wrote:
Camp is getting full.

Going to need more supplies... could be a very long winter.
Need some genetically modified food. You know to go farther and feed more.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

rats19 wrote:Need some genetically modified food. You know to go farther and feed more.
Not to mention keep out the stinky hippies.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

rats19 wrote:
I'm not convinced, I think that a coaching change with a few tune up changes will make a huge difference this year. This line up has won a lot if games in the past three years, blowing it up might be a little like over reaction....
Zedlee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Zedlee »

Yup...we're still waiting for the "bold move"...minor tweaking ain't going to cut it this year.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

herb wrote:
rats19 wrote:Need some genetically modified food. You know to go farther and feed more.
Not to mention keep out the stinky hippies.
As small in number as they might be.. They seem to eat a lot
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

ukcanuck wrote:
rats19 wrote:
I'm not convinced, I think that a coaching change with a few tune up changes will make a huge difference this year. This line up has won a lot if games in the past three years, blowing it up might be a little like over reaction....
I don't think a couple of high end players is blowing it up
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

SNETPacific 9:35am

Reports suggest John Tortorella is in Vancouver meeting with the #Canucks and is a strong candidate for the head coaching position.
MG must have heard us about the relaxed atmosphere in the dressing room. :thumbs:

Last edited by SKYO on Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

rats19 wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:
rats19 wrote: Welcome to the entire fan base thoughts
I don't think a couple of high end players is blowing it up
High end players cost high end players, that means shaking up the core. Isn,t that technically blowing it all to hell?

herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

ukcanuck wrote:High end players cost high end players, that means shaking up the core. Isn,t that technically blowing it all to hell?
Nah, I'm thinking more along the lines of what the Kings did. They recognized that their core wasn’t good enough to get it done along, and added some key pieces like Richards and Carter. They weren’t happy with what their head coach had accomplished, so they made a change.

Shaking up the team is moving a roster player, or two or three to try to make what we have a more dangerous and complete team. You know, getting younger, bigger, meaner and faster, which we absolutely need to do. Blowing up the team would mean tanking so we can stockpile some early first round picks and moving veteran players for picks or prospects. I don’t think many are suggesting we tank and move out a number of players for picks.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

rats19 wrote:As small in number as they might be.. They seem to eat a lot
Not to mention they eat only expensive shit.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Is there an option "Vote none of the above"?

They all look like settling for someone who won't make a difference. The team need a superstar coach. A proven winner.

Babcock
chicagos stache guy
hitch

Who's out there that has won as a HC?

Torts! Bring it Gillis. Even if it's only a couple of years, he's actually won it all and has enough asshole-ish-ness to maybe get something out of this pack-o-pansies

Name another HC available now who has this on his resume?
If you need air...call it in
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

ukcanuck wrote:
rats19 wrote:
A tune up will require making a change that involves a core player.....and I mean other than Luongo.

The bottom six and support roles have been tinkered with every year, they need a complete overhaul. The core needs the tune up. Drain the oil. Maybe a new battery. Means someone has to go, and I think it should be Edler or Bieksa.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

I have this feeling the new coach is going to be Torts.

Good coach, with a strange personality. He has enjoyed success, I'll give him that. Eight playoff appearances in 12 seasons as a NHL head coach, with of course the one cup victory (against the Flames, no less). I also like that he's an asshole. It certainly would be no more Mr nice guy around these parts. Could work out or completely blow up in our faces. If nothing else, it would be entertaining just for the Torts factor.

I hadn't realized that he'd been in New York for five seasons already.