Coaches canned

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Coaches canned

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: Image
Hmmm this guy looks like an asshole!

HIRE THIS GUY!!! :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote: Hmmm this guy looks like an asshole!

HIRE THIS GUY!!! :thumbs:
If you need air...call it in
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
Hank wrote:I'm a little suspicious of the timing of this whole "reconciliation" thing. Clearly, it's not about a jersey retirement but to bring in an old familiar face to coach offensive hockey...

Welcome Coach Pavel and his assistant Gino!
I dunno, I can't really see this happening. I think pavel will be a bit like gretz, great players, but not very good coaches. They were able to do stuff that u can't really teach. Also, pavel never liked the limelight. I can't see him enjoy talking to the media all the time nor having fans approach consistently in a hockey mad town like van-city.
Todd, did Doc destroy your humor detector in your battles with him?

C'mon, it's obvious that Gino would be the real brains of the operation :P
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

This is awesome! Cause starting today, from 2:15pm on Gillis FINALLY gets front and centre on the blame game when the Nucks shit the bed, it all falls on him from now on. His main scapegoat is now gone, his last line of defense before him has been removed! LOVE IT! If the Canucks shit the bed in the first round of the playoffs this next season, do not get past the first round, GILLIS the Players Agent WILL GET GLORIOUSLY SHIT CANNED FROM THIS CITY! FIRED! This city, fans, media and corporate support will not put up with another bed shitting next year in the playoffs. This city will not stand a rebuild! It's go big or go home!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
sagebrush
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by sagebrush »

Now that the obvious move has been taken care of, it's time to see what Gillis does to kill the sense of entitlement
that emanates from the Canucks. An attitude shown by: lack of urgency in many games; lack of focus - casual/airhead plays; acting up & whining unnecessarily. The core needs a shake up AND/OR a coach that kicks ass.

It would be entertaining to get a guy from NY that may be looking for a job soon. Torts may not deliver the best the result, but it would be entertaining.

The minister of defence might be stolen from SJ, with a sweet enough deal - possibly to do more assisting.

Eakins may be able to motivate an NHL team, but it's a tall order with this group.

PS - AV's shelf life had expired. Maybe now he'll get a chance to yuck it up with Fiddler in Dallas.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

What intrigues me the most is when Gillis Lawyer Speak says "Everyone from top to bottom will be addressed thoroughly. Myself and My Staff Included!"

I am super duper curious to know how Gillis will address himself? Maybe straighten out his tie before leaving the house tomorrow on his way to the Canuck Head Offices??? Something like that?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

BTW, Derek Roy was a brilliant trade. Nice use of assets there, for zero returns. NEGATIVE RETURNS! Another notch in Gillis belt.

I can't wait for another season above .500 boring, stale hockey of frustrating inability to score and telegraphed Power Plays and a quick disposing of in the first round of the playoffs, if Gillis doesn't dismantle the core and bring in fresh blood!

I fully expect more useless tinkering with the bottom 6 forwards and 3rd pairing defenseman.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Dude I honestly couldn't be a fan if I had your way of looking at things. I like... Err must look through optimistic glasses to av void hanging myself... :D
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
sagebrush
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by sagebrush »

Fortunately, the highest evaluator of performance in the Canucks organization, is not Gillis.

I prefer to hope for the best. If it doesn't happen, I'm rewarded with more free time to follow things other than the NHL.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

RoyalDude wrote: I can't wait for another season above .500 boring, stale hockey of frustrating inability to score and telegraphed Power Plays
This list can pretty much all be attributed to coaching tactics.

Style of play, defensive system, special teams.

Coaching, coaching, coaching.

But carry on.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

RoyalDude wrote:This is awesome! Cause starting today, from 2:15pm on Gillis FINALLY gets front and centre on the blame game when the Nucks shit the bed, it all falls on him from now on. His main scapegoat is now gone, his last line of defense before him has been removed! LOVE IT! If the Canucks shit the bed in the first round of the playoffs this next season, do not get past the first round, GILLIS the Players Agent WILL GET GLORIOUSLY SHIT CANNED FROM THIS CITY! FIRED! This city, fans, media and corporate support will not put up with another bed shitting next year in the playoffs. This city will not stand a rebuild! It's go big or go home!
Old hat.

Yawn.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

RoyalDude wrote:What intrigues me the most is when Gillis Lawyer Speak says "Everyone from top to bottom will be addressed thoroughly. Myself and My Staff Included!"

I am super duper curious to know how Gillis will address himself? Maybe straighten out his tie before leaving the house tomorrow on his way to the Canuck Head Offices??? Something like that?
I think Aquaman and Co., you know, the owners, evaluate him.

Just a hunch.....
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

And once again, the poster child for self-absorbtion tries to derail another thread with his blathering, repetitive, anti-fan rants. What a waste of electrons (and other poster's time). :roll:
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
FAN
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by FAN »

Boucher, Tippett (if available), and Eakins are three guys I want Gillis to consider. Boucher and Eakins seem like Gillis types of guys to me: Young, analytical, well-spoken, and innovative. But experience does count, and I think if Tippett is available, he has to be the front runner. Tippett is a proven coach and I would rank him as one of the best in the league. He is defense first but I don't buy that he can't coach offense. Tippett preaches a hard-working grinding style which is the direction Gillis seem to want to go. And it's not like forwards who rely on their skill have found their way into Tippett's dog house. Guys like Whitney and Vrbata have had no problems producing under Tippett not to mention the development of offensive defensemen in Yandle and OEL. Tippett would be an easy sell.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

SKYO wrote:Image
He looks like and acts like the joker. :lol: