Roster Questions

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

If an overhaul of this team is needed, which of the following players who should MG shop around...

Hank and Danny
7%
Edler
25%
Booth
26%
Higgins
5%
Bieksa
9%
Ballard
26%
Hamhuis
1%
None of the above
1%

Total votes: 173

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: Roster Questions

Post by Meds »

Uncle dans leg wrote:If I was on this team, a guy going to war like that makes me do every single last thing I possibly could to match his fire.

Get back on the wagon people...it ain't over
Yeah. You'd think that would have sparked something.

Unfortunately I think that both the Sedins and Edler run on a one setting pilot light.
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Im with UDL . 2 wins doesnt win a series. The Canucks can still win this bitch. Fucking bed-wetters trading everybody but the can attendant in sec 116
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Can't we disect the body postmortem? What the fuck happened last night? They took the series over physically on a team that doesn't deal well with being taken over. Why freak out and trade everyone after 2 games?

Where are the real fans? Where are the fans who saw their team lay a licking on a very strong sharks team? Make no mistake...we ran those fuckers hard last night and they are wearing ice bags today. All of them.

I don't share your pessimism. I see a team in VCR that is only just now getting there groove on. Kesler has arrived my worried friends and if you all jump ship now you'll be wiping the egg off your collective faces.

So enough hand wringing, bed wetting and panty twisting girls. Last time I checked 2 wins doesn't mean shit.
You are awesome, that's what I'm talking about!
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Uncle dans leg wrote:So because Snepts fucked up in game 1, because Lafayette hit iron, because Naslund was Cpt Invisible...this is why you're pissing the bed? This is total baloney.
Time to get behind our team for once. The fans of this team are widely regarded as the worst in the league because we never appreciate what we have.

Watching Kesler come alive like that had to inspire some part of you as a fan. That was epic and I would expect I am not alone in this. If I was on this team, a guy going to war like that makes me do every single last thing I possibly could to match his fire.

Yeah, Great post and I agree. As I said on the game day forum, normally I would say this is over, but Kes's performance gives me hope. If a couple of other guys can score a goal to help out and Kes can keep this up, we have an outside chance.

I noticed at the beginning of the games: LapDawg, Weise and Kassassian do alot of hitting and set the tone for the game. If Kes is going to play centre, I don't really see a point in playing Ebbett (doesn't play much anyways). I'd like to see a 4th grind line of Sestito(or Pinozotto)-LapDawg-Weise. They can follow Kes' charge, go out there and hit everything that moves and give the team some energy. AV doesn't like bad penalties, but I think he's going to have to take a chance. Obviously u want your players to be disciplined, but if u want your team to be physical and intimidate, u gotta let the bull-dawgs out of the cage. :D

I'd like to see Kass play with the sedins, but if AV likes Burr there, then plz play Kass with Kes. I'd luv to see Kass together with Kes out there laying the smack down on the sharkies; MayRay can skate around out there looking pretty. *LOL* My starting lineup would be:

1) Dank-Hank-Kassian (or Burr)
2) Raymond-Kesler-Burr (or Kassian)
3) Higgins-Roy-Hansen
4) Sestito (or Pinozotto)-LapDawg-Weise

Hopefully the sharkies are feeling complacent over there (much like us vs Bs in 2011), feeling good stealing 2 games in our barn, doing alot of "WoooWHoos" and don't see a tiny small ball rolling down the hill that's slowly growing in size becoming an avalanche that's going to destroy them. :P
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

For the record, I didn't start this because of the last two losses. This has been an ongoing trend for a while with this team. And win or lose this series, short of another trip to the finals I think this team needs an injection of new life.
cjc
CC Veteran

Post by cjc »

I'm wearing Depends for a reason. My advanced age not only means my bladder control is severely compromised, it also means I have been a fan of this team long enough to have had the muscles constrict and let go too many times. At some point your body gives out.

I am an expert at panty-twisting. Again, plenty of practice. Years and bloody years of it.

A tiny shred of me hopes for a miracle and positive signs from above but there again, I've been kidding myself. In 94 I hoped the ghost of Frank Griffiths would intercede, and since then all the other too soon gone Canucks. I've followed all the superstitious stunts I could think of.

Now I just panty-twist and bed-wet. Very sad.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

You are a good fan cjc.... 8-)
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
cjc
CC Veteran

Post by cjc »

Thank you Rats.
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

cjc wrote:I'm wearing Depends for a reason. My advanced age not only means my bladder control is severely compromised, it also means I have been a fan of this team long enough to have had the muscles constrict and let go too many times. At some point your body gives out.

I am an expert at panty-twisting. Again, plenty of practice. Years and bloody years of it.

A tiny shred of me hopes for a miracle and positive signs from above but there again, I've been kidding myself. In 94 I hoped the ghost of Frank Griffiths would intercede, and since then all the other too soon gone Canucks. I've followed all the superstitious stunts I could think of.

Now I just panty-twist and bed-wet. Very sad.

i am glad somebody finally came out of the closet and said what all us old fuckers are saying...
Waffle
CC Veteran

Post by Waffle »

I won't answer the poll until after the Canucks are ousted.

Mike Gillis is too much of a player's GM to consider trying to trade the Sedins or to buy out Luongo.

My question is whether or not Canucks fans would put up with the Canucks tanking in order to get a couple of high draft picks because I think that is the only way it will happen. There aren't too many dumb GMs in the NHL now, and I think you can count on two fingers the Canuck players who might command a top 6 first round pick in a trade (Kesler and Schneider), a position where you are fairly certain of getting a good player....it is true though with the Canucks drafting record there is no guarantee.
Knucklehead
CC Veteran

Post by Knucklehead »

The_Pauser wrote:Shopping Booth and Ballard won't change much so the fact that they're even on this poll and leading it is a joke. Neither of them have played in this series and the team still blows. What we need is a huge shake-up.

I would look to move Edler and our 1st round pick to Tampa for their 3rd overall pick. Not sure if they would do it, but that would be the trade I would push hard for. Edler is overpaid as our highest paid defenseman, defense is an area of clear strength and we don't need to be paying him so much to bobble the puck and make these constant brain farts that he makes.

Obviously Luongo, Ballard, and Booth have to be gone. This clears a lot of cap space (especially in addition to the trade I mentioned above). I would also look to move the Sedins. Don't know if it's possible, but I'm tired of their schtick here. We need to move on from them and reform our identity. Not sure how realistic such a trade scenario would be, but moving the Sedins along with Luongo to Florida for their 2nd overall pick would be something that I would attempt as well. Holding back 50% of the Sedins salary for next season if need be to make it work. The move makes the Panthers relevant again, and allows us to move on with a much brighter future. Draft both MacKinnon and Drouin and build around these two for years to come.
So you want us to become Edmonton then?

Do you also want ten feet of snow in the winter and 40 fucking below highs?

Move to Alberta and cheer for one of their perpetually rebuilding teams.

You're tired of their schtick? A couple of Art Ross trophies and almost every scoring record in Canucks history, regular season and playoffs! And you're willing to eat some salary to dump them, are you insane?

Why the fuck would anyone here care about making the Panthers relevant again by trading off two of our best players for an 18 year old that might be the second coming of Daigle.

Go back to Canucks.com or Calpuck or whatever retard farm you came from and take RD with you!

This Sedin bashing is getting old as hell and is really starting to piss me off.

These same people were probably the ones that wanted Bure gone and think the sun shines out of Lindens ass.

The Sedins are not going anywhere unless they walk after their contract is up, no trade no way, idiot!!!

I would not trade Edler lightly, but if I could get the third overall for him I'd be tempted, I'll give you that, but unlikely Tampa goes for it.

Crap, why do I bother.
Knucklehead
CC Veteran

Post by Knucklehead »

theman wrote:How many buyouts can the Canucks do this offseason? What I hope the Canucks do:

1. Fire AV, he needs to go. Time for a fresh voice for the players.

2. Buyout Luongo, can't see any team trading for him now. Gillis really has misplayed the Luongo situation.

3. Buyout Booth and Ballard.

4. Use the cap space to rebuild the forward lines.
Are you fucking kidding me, buyout Luongo!

He would never pass through waivers, most GM's in the League are nowhere near as stupid as that.

I'll agree though that AV's time may be past due.

Agree also that Ballard and Booth need to be gone to become cap compliant.

But to suggest that Luongo needs to be bought out is ludicrous.
Knucklehead
CC Veteran

Post by Knucklehead »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
The_Pauser wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:Can't we disect the body postmortem? What the fuck happened last night? They took the series over physically on a team that doesn't deal well with being taken over. Why freak out and trade everyone after 2 games?

Where are the real fans? Where are the fans who saw their team lay a licking on a very strong sharks team? Make no mistake...we ran those fuckers hard last night and they are wearing ice bags today. All of them.

I don't share your pessimism. I see a team in VCR that is only just now getting there groove on. Kesler has arrived my worried friends and if you all jump ship now you'll be wiping the egg off your collective faces.

So enough hand wringing, bed wetting and panty twisting girls. Last time I checked 2 wins doesn't mean shit.
Uh huh. How long have you been a Canuck fan for? Because I've seen this movie far too often. This is like watching Titanic over and over again and everytime you watch the movie you say "well maybe the boat won't sink today."
So because Snepts fucked up in game 1, because Lafayette hit iron, because Naslund was Cpt Invisible...this is why you're pissing the bed? This is total baloney.
Time to get behind our team for once. The fans of this team are widely regarded as the worst in the league because we never appreciate what we have.

Watching Kesler come alive like that had to inspire some part of you as a fan. That was epic and I would expect I am not alone in this. If I was on this team, a guy going to war like that makes me do every single last thing I possibly could to match his fire.

HERE HERE I LOVE THAT ATTITUDE.

I've been following, cheering and crying since day one with the Canucks.

That damn pass from Snepts to Bossy in the slot killed it for us in that miracle run, I knew it was over then but I kept believing.

When Lafayette hit the crossbar I got worried but I still believed.

I don't know what the fuck happened in 2011 but I still believed to the bitter end. Funny how I can remember the two earlier Stanley Cup losses more clearly than the latest one.

Is it age or was it that I had such greater expectations against Boston and the turning point was Colin Campbell, that useless fuck, sons playing for the bruins that was the tipping point in that series, not something that happened on the ice.

We are down two games but it takes four to win a series, I still believe.

RD, Pauser and the rest of the bedwetters can all fuck off until it's over one way or the other.

If you don't believe why bother watching?

I'm going to enjoy each game!
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Of the players in this poll I choose to keep the Sedins and Higgins. All other players are on the table.
Maybe I should have kept Bieksa or Hamhuis as well. Probably wouldn't want to loose both of them.

Anyway, the Sedins are not the problem. They are still PPG players and probably have at least three more good years in them. The problem is that with Kesler out most of this season we've been a one line team. Other teams know they have to focus on twins and then they'll win. Now that Kesler's back we have more options, and just look at how Kesler performed last game! :)

If the Sharks now try to contain him, that removes some pressure from the twins.

Our goaltending is top of the line. Our defense is pretty decent as well. What we need is to be able to put at least two lines out there that are capable of scoring regularly. And that's really not that far away. I fully support the idea to play Kassian with the twins and Burrows with Kesler. That ought to give us two lines that are tough to defend against, and thus forcing the opponents to spread their containing efforts. If we could add one or two pieces to the puzzle, i think we could go all the way. Heck, it might even be enough if Kassian and MayRay took that next step. I really don't think his team looks so bad. I still think we can turn this series around, and if we can do that thst will give the players some confidence and help us go even further.

There may be some cracks in the sky, but I don't see it falling just yet.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Knucklehead
CC Veteran

Post by Knucklehead »

Per wrote:Of the players in this poll I choose to keep the Sedins and Higgins. All other players are on the table.
Maybe I should have kept Bieksa or Hamhuis as well. Probably wouldn't want to loose both of them.

Anyway, the Sedins are not the problem. They are still PPG players and probably have at least three more good years in them. The problem is that with Kesler out most of this season we've been a one line team. Other teams know they have to focus on twins and then they'll win. Now that Kesler's back we have more options, and just look at how Kesler performed last game! :)

If the Sharks now try to contain him, that removes some pressure from the twins.

Our goaltending is top of the line. Our defense is pretty decent as well. What we need is to be able to put at least two lines out there that are capable of scoring regularly. And that's really not that far away. I fully support the idea to play Kassian with the twins and Burrows with Kesler. That ought to give us two lines that are tough to defend against, and thus forcing the opponents to spread their containing efforts. If we could add one or two pieces to the puzzle, i think we could go all the way. Heck, it might even be enough if Kassian and MayRay took that next step. I really don't think his team looks so bad. I still think we can turn this series around, and if we can do that thst will give the players some confidence and help us go even further.

There may be some cracks in the sky, but I don't see it falling just yet.
I would add Tanev, Garrison and Hamhuis to the players to keep as well as one of Luongo or Schneider.

Kassian should also be kept unless we see a similar type prospect coming back.

As much as I've shook my head about Edlers play in the last playoffs and much of this year I don't see letting him go unless it's for a massive overpayment, like one of the top three picks this year, not that I think that could happen